I like the show but to much is staged. The stig is someone different every show and Clarkson only charged the Nissan Electric car 50% to make it look bad. Now Nissan are suing the fuck out of them. Fucking English TV is getting like US TV FFS.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought the electric car piece was canny - they seemed to like the actual cars themselves but when it came to charging them up they took the piss in their usual style.

cars were fine - its the infrastructure thats lacking.

i thought the electric car piece was canny - they seemed to like the actual cars themselves but when it came to charging them up they took the piss in their usual style.

Seemed daft to me that the approach taken will be to recharge your own battery for a half day to be able to do another 100 mile.

Surely the solution is to have all electric car batteries being replaceable and just trading in an empty battery and a little cash for a fully charged battery. I understand the batteries are mammoth at the moment, but that will improve.

Beats Clarkson's idea of using Dodgems.

Seemed daft to me that the approach taken will be to recharge your own battery for a half day to be able to do another 100 mile.

Surely the solution is to have all electric car batteries being replaceable and just trading in an empty battery and a little cash for a fully charged battery. I understand the batteries are mammoth at the moment, but that will improve.

Beats Clarkson's idea of using Dodgems.

Is a canny idea but will fall down because of the normal shite of all companies needing to conform to a standard (like mobiles should be but they can't even get them to use the same charger let alone battery type) and agreeing the in&out of it all, just won't happen unfortunately.

this last series was one of the best for a few years, the odd daft bit creeping in but it was largely about cars which was novel.

Seen today that theyre getting shit for the electric cars piece in the last episode

Nissan bitching cause the electric cars faults were shown off not unlike Tesla a couple of years ago

my favourite though is the complaints about May and Clarkson parking in disabled spaces in that film

screen-shot-2011-08-02-at-17.03.55.png

some great quotes about this

"Jim Rawlings, of Disabled Motoring UK, told the Daily Telegraph that he was sure that Clarkson 'wouldn't have cared' about parking up in a disabled bay.

He said: "I'm sure the last thing on Jeremy Clarkson's mind was that he was parked in a disabled bay."

missing out obviously that the car park had been closed for them to do the filming in it!

That place they're parked looks bizarrely familiar :lol: