Gooch signs - Official

Scottish Mag

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

I think we just wanna know what the crack is with our football signing a defender with limited time before the close of the transfer window...;)

Best not read Alan's new story then. :unsure:

A nervy and anxious Glenn Roeder was left sweating on his planned loan moves as the transfer window closure loomed ominously closer today.

The Newcastle United boss was still waiting to hear from Standard Liege that all the paper work has been done which would allow American international defender Oguchi "Gooch" Onyewu to come on loan to St James' Park.

And so too was "Gooch" after he travelled to Tyneside over the weekend to talk to United and undergo a medical as he yearns for the chance to pull on the black-and-white shirt.

Roeder can only hope that the Belgian outfit do not pull the plug at the last minute because they are wary that United will not sign Onyewu in a permanent deal on at the end of the season.

This is exactly the same scenario with St Etienne and their 28-year-old Martinque-born striker Frederic Piquionne who they want to sell for e7m.

As a result, I am told that while Piquionne's loan move to United is not impossible, it is highly unlikely.

And United's chances of landing the French striker receded further today with the news that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, having lost Robin van Persie for the rest of the season, was toying over a late move for the St Etienne man.

Meanwhile, the news coming out of Holland is that United are ready to pay £5m to bring Ajax's promising young striker Ryan Babel to Tyneside.

Babel is a player greatly admired by Roeder, but there has been no bid by United and there is absolutely no chance of the 20-year-old striker being signed before window closes tomorrow night.

There is talk about a United approach for Babel in the summer, but Roeder knows the competition will be tough. I hear the he is one of Barcelona's targets which would leave United as also-rans.

Someone who has been an also-ran ever since he arrived at St James' Park in August 2005 is Albert Luque and it looks as though the Spanish international will still be here at the start of next season.

However, United have told Luque he can go to PSV Eindhoven if he can do a deal with the Dutch club in the next 24 hours.

But PSV would only be able to pay Luque less than half of his £40,000-a-week wages he banks from United and it would be a major surprise if he decides to accept this.

Guest Patrokles

Cue the hysterics.

Cue you being "sensible" to the point of stupidity tbh. ;) Like Roeder, you learned nothing from the last transfer window. :D

OMFG ROEDER OUT OMFG WE WON'T SIGN ANYONE OMFG THIS IS A DISASTER OMFG"!!!""$£%£^

Better? :unsure:

Guest Patrokles

Patrokles is like the female bunny off the Cadbury's Caramel advert tbh.

I'm not sure whether to be flattered or terrified that you have that mental image of me. :unsure:

Cue the hysterics.

Cue you being "sensible" to the point of stupidity tbh. ;) Like Roeder, you learned nothing from the last transfer window. :D

Tbh I really don't know that it's Roeder that the main issue in getting people in (although he's no Allerdyce/Redknapp when it comes to dealings for sure), I just hope that whomever we get is at least as effective as Martins and Le Sib (and we really seriously need some rebuilding in the summer, no excuses for that, if I don't see at least 6 signings and probably 3-4 outgoings then I'll be outside St James with my flaming pants on my head :unsure:).

I'm not sure whether to be flattered or terrified that you have that mental image of me. :unsure:

More of an attitude thing "Take it easy" tbh. I picture you more like Bugs Bunny in drag ;)

Guest Patrokles

More of an attitude thing "Take it easy" tbh. I picture you more like Bugs Bunny in drag ;)

Bugs was tweaked, man. I guess that makes you my Elmer Fudd. :D

I'm not sure whether to be flattered or terrified that you have that mental image of me. ;)

More of an attitude thing "Take it easy" tbh. I picture you more like Bugs Bunny in drag :D

Bugs was tweaked, man. I guess that makes you my Elmer Fudd. :D

:unsure: You pesky wabbit.