So are we now accepting mediocrity?

Scottish Mag

I cannot believe both the manager and chairman got off scot free today without the supporters telling them what they thought of the current situation. We were quick enough to give them abuse last weekend for the state of affairs but because we put what we are beginning to accept another so called "brave" Newcastle performance not a peep regardless of the fact we are another 6 points dropped and yet no more goals since that match.

Whilst Souness has been getting the backing of some as of late i think playing Dyer and Emre was a disgrace, both evidently were not fit and showed signs of desperation of a man trying to save his job by taking a chance on them. He put the future of his job ahead of the long term success of Newcastle United by taking this risk and the players may now be out for longer.

As for him being unlucky with them going off the squad we now have left us with square pegs in round holes. Was their any tactics at all? It never appeared like there was any plans to get back into the match once the first goal went in, but then why would we, with the lack of goals in our team it was clear we would have to settle for 0-0.

The chairmans head must be on the chopping block too it has been his decisions that have got us to where we are now, his hirings and his firings and the man knows it.

As i left the ground today all i heard was Boumsong this and Boumsong that, whilst i am not defending his two howlers today i am more concerned with the overall state of affairs at the club than todays loss of points however i worry that if we had got a result today or even in our next result people will turn a blind eye to the shambolic running of our Football club.

Is whats happening acceptable? I don`t think so.

2002-3 season when we finished 3rd.

We got beat 1-0 at Highbury.

We beat West Ham 4-0 up here.

We got beat off Bolton 4-3 at the Reebok.

We got beat 6-2 off Man Utd up here.

After 4 games, we're only 2 points down on the side that finished 3rd in the equivalent matches.

Let's see where we are in 4-5 games time. Then I'll start to panick.

Man Utd game was near the end of the 2002/03 season, Man City was one of the first games if im not mistaken, West Ham was our first game and i thought the 4-3 at the Reebok was around Xmas time?

I'm talking about the opposition we played, not the match order. And I can honestly say we were better this season against Arsenal & Man U than in 2002-3, we were no worse against Bolton this season than when we lost 4-3. Only the West Ham game was a bigger disappointment.

I'm talking about the opposition we played, not the match order. And I can honestly say we were better this season against Arsenal & Man U than in 2002-3, we were no worse against Bolton this season than when we lost 4-3. Only the West Ham game was a bigger disappointment.

20940[/snapback]

ah i love it when a plan comes together :blink:

20940[/snapback]

We are creating next to nothing. Yes we have plenty of possession, but i feel thats due to an extra man in the middle of the park.

How many saves did Lehman or Van der Sar have to make?

20940[/snapback]

We are creating next to nothing. Yes we have plenty of possession, but i feel thats due to an extra man in the middle of the park.

20942[/snapback]

That's a good point.

I guess that's why we're trying to add Kuyt/Owen/Anelka, or whoever.

If he can't bring in a striker before Thursday, then I agree, we'll struggle to create chances, nevermind score goals.

As I said in my original post, if we haven't got at least 11 points on the board by the time we visit Wigan in 5 games time, then I'll start to panic.

20943[/snapback]

11 points in 9 games is accepting mediocrity..

20945[/snapback]

(sorry, I mean't Wigan being the 5th match but see what you mean).

11 in 8 is mediocre.

10 in 4 however is a team overcoming a slow start (a la Robson?).

20942[/snapback]

Yes we had a lot of posession, but a lot of it was spent passing the ball around our own half (a few times even back to Given) as we gave Manure the time to get organized!!!

There didn't seem much of a plan to me, I have to say.

From a personal point of view, I think the real test will come against Fulham; we should be more than capable of beating them - or else!

As I said in my original post, if we haven't got at least 11 points on the board by the time we visit Wigan in 5 games time, then I'll start to panic.

20943[/snapback]

Based on the fact we're not likely to score then the best we can hope for in 5 games time is 5 points, however five 0-0's isnt likely.

I cannot believe both the manager and chairman got off scot free today without the supporters telling them what they thought of the current situation.  We were quick enough to give them abuse last weekend for the state of affairs but because we put what we are beginning to accept another so called "brave" Newcastle performance not a peep regardless of the fact we are another 6 points dropped and yet no more goals since that match.

Whilst Souness has been getting the backing of some as of late i think playing Dyer and Emre was a disgrace, both evidently were not fit and showed signs of desperation of a man trying to save his job by taking a chance on them.  He put the future of his job ahead of the long term success of Newcastle United by taking this risk and the players may now be out for longer. 

As for him being unlucky with them going off the squad we now have left us with square pegs in round holes.  Was their any tactics at all?  It never appeared like there was any plans to get back into the match once the first goal went in, but then why would we, with the lack of goals in our team it was clear we would have to settle for 0-0.

The chairmans head must be on the chopping block too it has been his decisions that have got us to where we are now, his hirings and his firings and the man knows it.

As i left the ground today all i heard was Boumsong this and Boumsong that, whilst i am not defending his two howlers today i am more concerned with the overall state of affairs at the club than todays loss of points however i worry that if we had got a result today or even in our next result people will turn a blind eye to the shambolic running of our Football club.

Is whats happening acceptable?  I don`t think so.

20935[/snapback]

Some of us said this the day fuckit walked through the door.

Others buried their heads in the sand

Souness has my sympathies regarding getting players in, its obvious FFS hasn't been going all out this summer.

However from the few games I've seen this season he seems to be more interested in not losing than winning, packing the midfield is evidence to that.

Maybe he is trying to build from the back, maybe he is trying to consolidate and achieve a respectable position or maybe he is just not the right man for us. Whatever the position I'm not confident of having him in charge.

I don't go to many matches so I can't speak for those at the game but it seems to me that many fans are looking at the alternatives and can't see much light so we are accepting the tripe being served to us.

Souness has my sympathies regarding getting players in, its obvious FFS hasn't been going all out this summer.

However from the few games I've seen this season he seems to be more interested in not losing than winning, packing the midfield is evidence to that.

Maybe he is trying to build from the back, maybe he is trying to consolidate and achieve a respectable position or maybe he is just not the right man for us. Whatever the position I'm not confident of having him in charge.

I don't go to many matches so I can't speak for those at the game but it seems to me that many fans are looking at the alternatives and can't see much light so we are accepting the tripe being served to us.

20984[/snapback]

The Fat Controller has given fuckwit SOURNESS £30+ million over the past 12 months, that to me says the Fat Controller has given his manager a great deal of backing. I can have no sympathy for SOURNESS mismanaging that cash and team affairs, I can only sympatise with us, the fans who put up with this week in and week out.

WE should not accept mediochrity.

To have 11 points out of 8 games means we have to win 3 and draw one of our next 4 ganes. That is not going to happen. I am so glad a lot of the fans here have nothing to do with where I work because by the time they had got the balls to make a decision it would be too late. Souness hasn't got a clue. 1 Playing Emre and Dyer when they were unfit. 2 Continuing with Shearer upfront on his own with 3 central midfielders and 1 winger who hasnt trained for a while and looks knackered. 3 his one tactical change was to bring on Ameobi (an underperforming striker) and ask him to play on the wing. The guy is a managerial moron anyone who still backs him is really doing the club a disservice and pushing us towards a catastrophic season.

20940[/snapback]

20942[/snapback]

said this for ages. It's all we did at Arsenal, make it difficult for the opposition. This isn't playing well, its a team on the back foot, and Souness will play like this in all away games whoever the opposition is.

Playing well is getting the ball, passing, moving, keeping the ball, looking up, varying your game and being in control of what you are doing and attempting to dictate the pace of the game, not scrapping out a midfield slugging match and having one or two shots at goal.

We are crap, and Souness is shit.

Having said that, Emre is a gem of a player, which shows that even the biggest fuckwit can pull out an inspirational buy sometimes.

Edited by LeazesMag

Last year the manager was sacked after four games. Two of those games should have been won (Boro were we were robbed and Norwich at home), against Spurs we should have at least got one point. Villa away was crap.

After these performances Dougie Hall said that with SBR in charge we would definitely got relegated. Pardon, but what does creating as many goal chances in four games as normally in one half should lead to then...

The standard of football from Newcastle so far has been far from mediocre. It was crap, pure and simple crap.

Playing Emre and Dyer was a disgrace which will cost us the two players (and two vital players) for god knows how long.

And when a bloke near me excused souness and said he had no choice but to play them i wanted to smack him one but settled for telling him he was talking bollocks.

I pointed out that whether you need them or not, to play them when clearly not fit or on their way back from injuries and with both having a history of injuries AND hamstring injuries being nortorious for repeated strains you do not under any circumstances rush them back.

I then pointed out the other reason he selfishly rushed them back to try and save his arese was because he had left us with no fucking squad by falling out with and kicking out players he shouldn't have leaving us without enough options.

Every game they now miss is down to the being rushed back so he will be talking bollocks if he uses their injuries as an excuse for any future defeats.