Jimbo

The aero desktop feature is superb !!

vistadesk2yp7.jpg

them is some serious baps me boy...why am I not surprised ???? :lol::lol:

you can't beat a big pair of tits.

and they surely is :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

How is it going for you now Jimbo?

Being a computing student i can get the business version for free :lol: . So going to download it this evening when the football is on later and see how it goes.

Being a computing student i can get the business version for free :icon_lol: . So going to download it this evening when the football is on later and see how it goes.

Getting the 64bit version was a massive mistake, all drivers need to be digitally asigned, to be honest there are a lot of nice little touches that I like but on the whole its not a quantum leap from XP, if you can get a free version then I'd recommend it, other than that keep your money in your pocket until its a minimum requirement.

Being a computing student i can get the business version for free :icon_lol: . So going to download it this evening when the football is on later and see how it goes.

Getting the 64bit version was a massive mistake, all drivers need to be digitally asigned, to be honest there are a lot of nice little touches that I like but on the whole its not a quantum leap from XP, if you can get a free version then I'd recommend it, other than that keep your money in your pocket until its a minimum requirement.

Got to agree, bought the 64 bit edition with my new machine at the launch of vista. Could not get a tv card to work for love nor money, so had to downgrade my new machine to xp MCE until they decide to even think about making 64 bit drivers for my TV card!

Yeah I was not going to be spending money on it but I thought for free why not. B) My flat mate was telling me the 64 bit was a bit a nightmare because of the digitally assigning malarkey.

Mine is still downloading at the moment, might be finished by the time I get home from uni the morrow.

What are these nice features you like the most? I have a habit of skipping through things and finding out a couple of months down the line someone that's pretty useful. B)

Yeah I was not going to be spending money on it but I thought for free why not. B) My flat mate was telling me the 64 bit was a bit a nightmare because of the digitally assigning malarkey.

Mine is still downloading at the moment, might be finished by the time I get home from uni the morrow.

What are these nice features you like the most? I have a habit of skipping through things and finding out a couple of months down the line someone that's pretty useful. B)

The gadget sidebar is quite nice

Preview thumbnail's of minimised taskbar windows

Aero desktop is nice but a bit of a gimick

Vista found 99% of the drivers for my devices itself and set them all up without any prompting as soon as I connected my PC to my router.

Hard drive space is displayed for each drive when viewing "My Computer"

Each screen on "My Computer" has a burn icon handy for saving to disc, which now also supports DVD

DVD builder is awesome for creating your own DVD's

But to be perfectly honest, I don't believe any of the features are truely groundbreaking, most can be described as "Nice" rather than "Essential".