Great timing Roeder, you numpty !

Jimbo

Guest Patrokles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall that quote being made FUCKING AGES AGO. Disgusting press spin, even worse that some of you believe it.

I remember it coming out some time ago. Still, it was clear that it will get digged out ahead of the Villa game. And you can turn and twist it as much as you want, if someone is saying someone else is lacking courage by not taking the job, he is having a sly dig by trying to show how brave he is himself (and let's not forget Glenn Roeder has always stood up for a fight bla bla).

If Roeder doesn't want quotes coming back to haunt him he just shouldn't say them...

Roeder doesn't mind the quotes coming back to haunt him. He's Glenn Roeder, he don't take shit from no one, he don't care. It's only Gemmill and the pansy brigade who care. They need to grow a set of Glenn Roeder-size balls. :angry:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall that quote being made FUCKING AGES AGO. Disgusting press spin, even worse that some of you believe it.

I remember it coming out some time ago. Still, it was clear that it will get digged out ahead of the Villa game. And you can turn and twist it as much as you want, if someone is saying someone else is lacking courage by not taking the job, he is having a sly dig by trying to show how brave he is himself (and let's not forget Glenn Roeder has always stood up for a fight bla bla).

If Roeder doesn't want quotes coming back to haunt him he just shouldn't say them...

Roeder doesn't mind the quotes coming back to haunt him. He's Glenn Roeder, he don't take shit from no one, he don't care. It's only Gemmill and the pansy brigade who care. They need to grow a set of Glenn Roeder-size balls. :angry:

Never mind the balls, my face is ugly enough without having a totally deformed nose due to someone punching me into the face...

That's why I like to think before I speak...

ANybody got this quote in context then, with details on the question he was answering and who it was to? Why has MON responded now? Until someone puts it up, I'll take the quote in the context it is presently written.

Guest Patrokles

ANybody got this quote in context then, with details on the question he was answering and who it was to? Why has MON responded now? Until someone puts it up, I'll take the quote in the context it is presently written.

The media must love people like you. :angry:

agree.....some here i notice just jump at any chance to slate their own..sad really

"Slate their own"? Roeder is manager of NUFC, but I'm under no obligation to back him every time he opens his gob and spouts shit - something which is been doing on a regular basis for some time now.

agree.....some here i notice just jump at any chance to slate their own..sad really

"Slate their own"? Roeder is manager of NUFC, but I'm under no obligation to back him every time he opens his gob and spouts shit - something which is been doing on a regular basis for some time now.

You burnt your fingers with Souness, didn't you. :angry:

You burnt your fingers with Souness, didn't you. :angry:

My Graeme talked more sense than Roeder. FACT! ;)

These qoutes came out a few days ago, and weren't in this context. He merely states in the original article (which I can't be arsed to search for) that he can't understand how anyone could turn down this job. It was more of a compliment to NUFC than a snipe at O'Neill. As usual though, the media have put their own slant on it.

That wouldn't surprise me at all, it's not like Roeder hasn't said daft stuff and FFS should really just keep his mouth closed permenantly.

But he doesn't seem seem like the guy to say something like that to a question like "So do you think O'neill was a coward and potentially a child molester to turn down this job?" :angry:

I would imagine some gutterpress picked up on the quote and put it to O'neill in a completely out of context way and he responded (in a fairly diplomatic way).

Frankly I'd imagine the two of them will have a laugh about it before or after the match.

These qoutes came out a few days ago, and weren't in this context. He merely states in the original article (which I can't be arsed to search for) that he can't understand how anyone could turn down this job. It was more of a compliment to NUFC than a snipe at O'Neill. As usual though, the media have put their own slant on it.

That wouldn't surprise me at all, it's not like Roeder hasn't said daft stuff and FFS should really just keep his mouth closed permenantly.

But he doesn't seem seem like the guy to say something like that to a question like "So do you think O'neill was a coward and potentially a child molester to turn down this job?" :angry:

I would imagine some gutterpress picked up on the quote and put it to O'neill in a completely out of context way and he responded (in a fairly diplomatic way).

Frankly I'd imagine the two of them will have a laugh about it before or after the match.

Exactly, you're using your imagination which is not based on any facts whatsoever, but your own speculation. I would imagine the onus is on the cynics here to prove Roeder had said this out of context, but so far they fail to deliver.........

Guest Patrokles

But he doesn't seem seem like the guy to say something like that to a question like "So do you think O'neill was a coward and potentially a child molester to turn down this job?" ;)

Exactly, you're using your imagination which is not based on any facts whatsoever, but your own speculation. I would imagine the onus is on the cynics here to prove Roeder had said this out of context, but so far they fail to deliver.........

:angry:

I doubt anyone has the time to search through archives of newcastle news just to prove a point on this forum.

But he doesn't seem seem like the guy to say something like that to a question like "So do you think O'neill was a coward and potentially a child molester to turn down this job?" ;)

:angry:

I doubt anyone has the time to search through archives of newcastle news just to prove a point on this forum.

Fine. :P

Then it doesn't matter what Roeder is quoted as daying, as he clearly didn't mean it in a negative way. Win, win situation for your hero! \o/

Guest Patrokles

Fine. :angry:

Then it doesn't matter what Roeder is quoted as daying, as he clearly didn't mean it in a negative way. Win, win situation for your hero! \o/

I like that whenever I apply logic in anything other than a negative manner, I'm desperately in love with whomever I defend.

I like that whenever I apply logic in anything other than a negative manner, I'm desperately in love with whomever I defend.

What logic? Using your logic, Roeder is beyond reproach unless we get the actual transcripts of interviews he's made.

Guest Patrokles

What logic? Using your logic, Roeder is beyond reproach unless we get the actual transcripts of interviews he's made.

Alright, I clearly remember this being said by Roeder quite some time ago. Coupled with the pathetic nature of the media, it doesn't take a great leap of faith to work out this is just spin. Naive of you to think otherwise.

That shows the media is raking up something he said it a while ago. Still a daft comment. Not that big a deal either. Stuff like that will come back and bite you on the arse though.

Alright, I clearly remember this being said by Roeder quite some time ago. Coupled with the pathetic nature of the media, it doesn't take a great leap of faith to work out this is just spin. Naive of you to think otherwise.

Of course it is spin. But that is how the media works. I also remember Roeder saying this a couple of days/weeks ago. IIRC it was in the context of explaining how difficult the task is at Newcastle and how he is ready to face it while others like O'Neill didn't want to take the risk.

But the thing is, if you don't want the media to pick up on things like that, just don't talk about other people in a negative way. The quotes can be as old as you like, they will always get digged up. I also find it a bit of hypocritical from Roeder to talk about others when he was unhappy about the likes of Allardyce et all talking about him when he needed the permission to take the job.

Roeder could really do with a lot of less talking. As I said a couple of times "Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses."

Guest Patrokles

That shows the media is raking up something he said it a while ago. Still a daft comment. Not that big a deal either. Stuff like that will come back and bite you on the arse though.

As hindu times stated, what Roeder said, taken in the original context, wasn't a dig at anyone, really. It was just a compliment to Newcastle and a reason for him to take the job.

I heard it first on Talk Shite yesterday morning, and to me it is clearly a reference to MON. In fact it was discussed at some length by Parry. Unless you can prove differently, I'll continue being naive thankyou very much. Even if you did hear it some time ago, how do you know he didn't say the same thing again? And why did no-one report it on here at the time or N-O? Should be easy to find tbh.

As hindu times stated, what Roeder said, taken in the original context, wasn't a dig at anyone, really. It was just a compliment to Newcastle and a reason for him to take the job.

Source ffs!

Guest Patrokles

Fine. ;)

I heard it first on Talk Shite yesterday morning, and to me it is clearly a reference to MON. In fact it was discussed at some length by Parry. Unless you can prove differently, I'll continue being naive thankyou very much. Even if you did hear it some time ago, how do you know he didn't say the same thing again? And why did no-one report it on here at the time or N-O? Should be easy to find tbh.

Strange you should refer to something in such a derogatory manner and then base your entire argument on what they said. :angry: Especially since Isegrim agrees that he said it a while ago.

Guest Patrokles

Renton doesn't like Roeder, Pat does. In a nutshell :angry:

It's not simply a case of liking him, it's that the entire basis of this thread is fundamentally flawed and people have been hoodwinked!

Until I see evidence to the contrary, I'll reserve judgement. He often talks shite/says daft things though.