Great timing Roeder, you numpty !

Jimbo

Fine. ;)

Then it doesn't matter what Roeder is quoted as daying, as he clearly didn't mean it in a negative way. Win, win situation for your hero! \o/

I like that whenever I apply logic in anything other than a negative manner, I'm desperately in love with whomever I defend.

What logic? Using your logic, Roeder is beyond reproach unless we get the actual transcripts of interviews he's made.

Alright, I clearly remember this being said by Roeder quite some time ago. Coupled with the pathetic nature of the media, it doesn't take a great leap of faith to work out this is just spin. Naive of you to think otherwise.

I heard it first on Talk Shite yesterday morning, and to me it is clearly a reference to MON. In fact it was discussed at some length by Parry. Unless you can prove differently, I'll continue being naive thankyou very much. Even if you did hear it some time ago, how do you know he didn't say the same thing again? And why did no-one report it on here at the time or N-O? Should be easy to find tbh.

Strange you should refer to something in such a derogatory manner and then base your entire argument on what they said. :angry: Especially since Isegrim agrees that he said it a while ago.

Well why can't anyone find the original article if it was so widely publicised?

Fact is, Roeder does come out with a lot of tosh, even on live interviews. I think it must on the job description of being a Newcastle manager. If the team is successful, it doesn't matter. But if we are stuggling, it makes him look like a fool.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Renton doesn't like Roeder, Pat does. In a nutshell :angry:

It's not simply a case of liking him, it's that the entire basis of this thread is fundamentally flawed and people have been hoodwinked!

You have no evidence for this but your say so! Why is this?

Renton doesn't like Roeder, Pat does. In a nutshell :angry:

It's not simply a case of liking him, it's that the entire basis of this thread is fundamentally flawed and people have been hoodwinked!

Unless, as Renton points out, he's made the same or similar comments again. I'm not that arsed though tttt ;)

Guest Patrokles

Fine. :P

Then it doesn't matter what Roeder is quoted as daying, as he clearly didn't mean it in a negative way. Win, win situation for your hero! \o/

I like that whenever I apply logic in anything other than a negative manner, I'm desperately in love with whomever I defend.

What logic? Using your logic, Roeder is beyond reproach unless we get the actual transcripts of interviews he's made.

Alright, I clearly remember this being said by Roeder quite some time ago. Coupled with the pathetic nature of the media, it doesn't take a great leap of faith to work out this is just spin. Naive of you to think otherwise.

I heard it first on Talk Shite yesterday morning, and to me it is clearly a reference to MON. In fact it was discussed at some length by Parry. Unless you can prove differently, I'll continue being naive thankyou very much. Even if you did hear it some time ago, how do you know he didn't say the same thing again? And why did no-one report it on here at the time or N-O? Should be easy to find tbh.

Strange you should refer to something in such a derogatory manner and then base your entire argument on what they said. ;) Especially since Isegrim agrees that he said it a while ago.

Well why can't anyone find the original article if it was so widely publicised?

I assume because no one cares enough to look. :angry:

Fine. :nufc:

:angry:;):P:P:P:nufc::nufc::nufc:

:nufc:

Parry is a scouser man. He's a god in Renton's house. Framed picture of him on the mantelpiece next to the Cilla watercolour and the Tarbuck Tapestry.

Whatever!

He made the point that in 2 years time Villa will be above us in terms of success with MON still there, and Roeder will have been sacked. In this context, Roeder's comments looked foolish. Care to wager to the contrary?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall that quote being made FUCKING AGES AGO. Disgusting press spin, even worse that some of you believe it.

Fact of the matter is, Roeder could gob in your hair and call you a TOTAL MONGFACE and you'd find some way of rationalising it. :angry:

I'm at pains to see what needs rationalising here?

Patrokles, I know you think you're being the voice of reason, but you're just the other side of the coin.

Guest Patrokles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall that quote being made FUCKING AGES AGO. Disgusting press spin, even worse that some of you believe it.

Fact of the matter is, Roeder could gob in your hair and call you a TOTAL MONGFACE and you'd find some way of rationalising it. ;)

I'm at pains to see what needs rationalising here?

Patrokles, I know you think you're being the voice of reason, but you're just the other side of the coin.

If I didn't think my opinions were reasonable, I'd be a little silly for having them. :angry:

tbf the media as ever as spinning this up into an unnecessary frenzy. Now that the Mourinho thing has died down, they need something else to chomp into.

Poor choice of words from Glenn, but at no point does he actually call him a coward. Who actually knows if O'Neill was even offered the job in the end?

It's pretty obvious who he's referring to Craig and he says you have to question his courage - even if it's true, it's totally unnecessary to come out with it. Same as it was obvious that he was referencing Redknapp and Allardyce the other day when he talked about managers that "live from transfer window to transfer window bringing in old players who are past their best." He should have a look at the league table and see how those managers are doing compared to him before he makes his mouth go tbh.

you have NO idea who he is referring to Gem.

I think I do though :angry:

Carry on making things up though ........ ;)

PS Harry Redknapp is a wanker anyway, the same as his son :P

Edited by LeazesMag

tbf the media as ever as spinning this up into an unnecessary frenzy. Now that the Mourinho thing has died down, they need something else to chomp into.

Poor choice of words from Glenn, but at no point does he actually call him a coward. Who actually knows if O'Neill was even offered the job in the end?

It's pretty obvious who he's referring to Craig and he says you have to question his courage - even if it's true, it's totally unnecessary to come out with it. Same as it was obvious that he was referencing Redknapp and Allardyce the other day when he talked about managers that "live from transfer window to transfer window bringing in old players who are past their best." He should have a look at the league table and see how those managers are doing compared to him before he makes his mouth go tbh.

You probably didn't intend that to be as funny as it was.

You probably didn't intend that to be as funny as it was.

funny ?????

My comment is possibly true, although I'm not Roeder - as peasepud will confirm - so can't be sure. And not half so funny as the fact that Gem presumes it is one of the managers he mentions simply because he wants to convince himself it is so

I don't expect he's the only one either. Even funnier.

:P

;):P :P funny. :P:nufc: :nufc:

Tit.

indeed ........ :nufc:

Nowt like making assumptions

:nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lets see now Gem.

You think its O'Neill, because you want to think its O'Neill, right ? Why would O'Neill be "afraid" of the Newcastle Job ?

If you think its someone else, who and why ? Mind - I'm surprised you didn't say Fred put them off which is what I would expect you to presume :angry:

If people want to know where the quote comes from, pick up a copy of The Mag, the one that just came out on Jan 20th.

On the front cover, along with pic of Roeder is the quote

"Anyone who doesnt take this job, i think you would have to question their courage".

In the interview he said

"I dont know for sure because i've only heard the same stories as everyone else, but in recent times certain people have allegedly turned the job down, if that is true then they must be mad".

It was an exclusive for The Mag.

What you on about Leazes, haven't you read the 1st page on this thread? The assumption may be false but it's obvious where it's coming from. Where's your info from?

If people want to know where the quote comes from, pick up a copy of The Mag, the one that just came out on Jan 20th.

"Anyone who doesnt take this job, i think you would have to question their courage".

In the interview he said

"I dont know for sure because i've only heard the same stories as everyone else, but in recent times certain people have allegedly turned the job down, if that is true then they must be mad".

:angry: Is he for real?

In the interview he said

I haven't read the new mag yet. It looked like a newspaper article though. Gem doesn't usually explain himself very well, in his keenness to slate the board for almost anything that pops into his heed ... :angry: