Great timing Roeder, you numpty !

Jimbo

If people want to know where the quote comes from, pick up a copy of The Mag, the one that just came out on Jan 20th.

On the front cover, along with pic of Roeder is the quote

"Anyone who doesnt take this job, i think you would have to question their courage".

In the interview he said

"I dont know for sure because i've only heard the same stories as everyone else, but in recent times certain people have allegedly turned the job down, if that is true then they must be mad".

It was an exclusive for The Mag.

:angry: Is he for real?

He was asked about the worst thing about managing Newcastle and he was basically saying there isnt one. I think he was just trying to make a point.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If people want to know where the quote comes from, pick up a copy of The Mag, the one that just came out on Jan 20th.

"Anyone who doesnt take this job, i think you would have to question their courage".

In the interview he said

"I dont know for sure because i've only heard the same stories as everyone else, but in recent times certain people have allegedly turned the job down, if that is true then they must be mad".

I haven't read the new mag yet. It looked like a newspaper article though. Gem doesn't usually explain himself very well, in his keenness to slate the board for almost anything that pops into his heed ... :angry:

Mark Jensen thanks Roeder for taking time out of his busy schedule to talk to The Mag. On the editorial first page bit.

In the interview he said

He was asked about the worst thing about managing Newcastle and he was basically saying there isnt one. I think he was just trying to make a point.

Well, I think he'd be privvy to that sort of info. If he didn't want to talk about who'd been offered the job, he shouldn't have insinuated they lacked courage in the first place, then said he didn't know for sure who they were.

In the interview he said

he's spot on. Anybody who didn't want to manage Newcastle must be mad, or scared of the pressure etc in which case they are the wrong man for us.

And the bloke who turned the job down for that very reason, we are best off without. Oh BTW Gem the name that I know of, wasn't O'Neill ..... :P

Bobby Robson didn't particularly want the job either when we had shit directors though ;)

In the interview he said

Well, I think he'd be privvy to that sort of info. If he didn't want to talk about who'd been offered the job, he shouldn't have insinuated they lacked courage in the first place, then said he didn't know for sure who they were.

Maybe he does know and by wording it this way can not be accused of making that info public.

In the interview he said

he's spot on. Anybody who didn't want to manage Newcastle must be mad, or scared of the pressure etc in which case they are the wrong man for us.

And the bloke who turned the job down for that very reason, we are best off without. Oh BTW Gem the name that I know of, wasn't O'Neill ..... :P

Bobby Robson didn't particularly want the job either when we had shit directors though ;)

Are you deliberately missing the point I was making? The bit I highlighted was a clue btw.

;):P :P funny. :P:nufc: :nufc:

Tit.

indeed ........ :nufc:

Nowt like making assumptions

:nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lets see now Gem.

You think its O'Neill, because you want to think its O'Neill, right ? Why would O'Neill be "afraid" of the Newcastle Job ?

If you think its someone else, who and why ? Mind - I'm surprised you didn't say Fred put them off which is what I would expect you to presume :angry:

:D :D :D :D :D

Blatantly obvious who it was in reference to, dipshit. :D :D :D

"Certain people have allegedly turned the job down" :D :D :D :D That's not a very long list is it. :D :D

Tit.

lets see now Gem.

You think its O'Neill, because you want to think its O'Neill, right ? Why would O'Neill be "afraid" of the Newcastle Job ?

If you think its someone else, who and why ? Mind - I'm surprised you didn't say Fred put them off which is what I would expect you to presume :angry:

"Certain people have allegedly turned the job down" :D :D :D :D That's not a very long list is it. :D :D

Who is it then dipshit ?

Take a guess :D

Jesus Christ, If I was looking to do banner advertising for an internet company I'd definitely put them in LM's sig.

As it is though, the forums in his sig are utter boring shitholes.

Edited by Sima

Tit.

lets see now Gem.

Who is it then dipshit ?

Well seen as he says certain people I'm guessing he's talking about Allardyce and O'Neill. :D :D :D

Enlighten us though o great one. Seen as you seem to have an access all areas pass into Roeder's inner mind. :D :D :D

Exactly, you're using your imagination which is not based on any facts whatsoever, but your own speculation. I would imagine the onus is on the cynics here to prove Roeder had said this out of context, but so far they fail to deliver.........

I've plenty of experience with newspaper and TV popular journalism, the truth is about the last thing that usually sells.

Maybe he did say that in that context, but frankly I doubt it.

Roeder could really do with a lot of less talking. As I said a couple of times "Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses."

He then get slated for not saying anything. :angry:

He can't win in that context tbh, but that's the job he gets paid for so...

Exactly, you're using your imagination which is not based on any facts whatsoever, but your own speculation. I would imagine the onus is on the cynics here to prove Roeder had said this out of context, but so far they fail to deliver.........

I've plenty of experience with newspaper and TV popular journalism, the truth is about the last thing that usually sells.

The context in which he said it is a few posts up. It's from an exclusive interview with The Mag and nothing to do with quotes he made ages ago being dragged up by the press.

Steve Bruce tbh

Shepherd did supposedly did want him, for a good while. Hope to fuck that's off the radar now.

Further evidence of the good job Shepherd is doing running the club btw. Courting Steve Bruce ffs. :angry:

Tit.

lets see now Gem.

Who is it then dipshit ?

Well seen as he says certain people I'm guessing he's talking about Allardyce and O'Neill. :D :D :D

Enlighten us though o great one. Seen as you seem to have an access all areas pass into Roeder's inner mind. :D :D :D

oh dear. I can't tell you that my friend, but I will tell you that you are wrong.

Why do you think I responded to you

:D

The context in which he said it is a few posts up. It's from an exclusive interview with The Mag and nothing to do with quotes he made ages ago being dragged up by the press.

Aye I see so it's a vague reference from 2 weeks+ ago (20th) to people maybe not taking the NUFC job, not calling anyone in particular a coward.

What a shock context is everything. :angry: