Sir Bobby Robson

Ketsbaia

Just got a text off my match going mate who said he saw SBR and Fat Fred with each other at the game. I can't say for sure whether he's bullshitting or telling the truth but if he's being honest then it fits in very intrestingly with what some one who claims to be 'ITK' (Not Martin Jol) has been telling me.

According to said source, we've been trying get Sir Bobby Robson to join us as a DoF since the fall out after the Sheffield United game. He's been umming and ahhing due to his health, history with Fat Fred and his commitment with Ireland but since it looks doubtful they'll qualify he's taken the offer more seriously and is apparently ready to step in next summer if Eire's situation still looks as dire as it is now.

Any thoughts or facts to blow this rumour out of the water?

Just got a text off my match going mate who said he saw SBR and Fat Fred with each other at the game. I can't say for sure whether he's bullshitting or telling the truth but if he's being honest then it fits in very intrestingly with what some one who claims to be 'ITK' (Not Martin Jol) has been telling me.

According to said source, we've been trying get Sir Bobby Robson to join us as a DoF since the fall out after the Sheffield United game. He's been umming and ahhing due to his health, history with Fat Fred and his commitment with Ireland but since it looks doubtful they'll qualify he's taken the offer more seriously and is apparently ready to step in next summer if Eire's situation still looks as dire as it is now.

Any thoughts or facts to blow this rumour out of the water?

i saw them on the tv. I can confirm they were sitting next to eachother.

ps. Gooch was sitting and texting/playing with his phone...

Bobby's been at a few canny games with the Shepherds, this is certainly not a one off.

Not that that confirms or denies what you are saying. Personally I don't think he'd do it, but I think it might be a good idea. What his overall input would be I'm not sure like.

i saw them on the tv. I can confirm they were sitting next to eachother.

ps. Gooch was sitting and texting/playing with his phone...

Aye, I thought he'd nodded off as he didn't move for a few seconds when the camera cut to him. ;)

I can also confirm they (Shepherd and Robson) were sad together at the match, the latter wearing a rather fetching scarf.

If this isn't the first time then I suppose it's no big deal. This is the first time i've heard of them sitting together though so I just put two and two together.

And made 27? ;)

Would be good to try and keep some prestige at the club. No doubting Robson and Shearer's name in world football. It would depend how much he wanted to "assist" Roeder/whoever as to whether or not it would work.

If this isn't the first time then I suppose it's no big deal. This is the first time i've heard of them sitting together though so I just put two and two together.

And made 27? ;)

What are you implying, twat :nufc:

I'm amazed Sir Bob has anything to do with Shephard, given the way he was desposed of.

The very reason why it's ludicrous to even entertain the idea of him returning in an official capacity at the club. ;)

I'm amazed Sir Bob has anything to do with Shephard, given the way he was desposed of.

The very reason why it's ludicrous to even entertain the idea of him returning in an official capacity at the club. ;)

You'd think it was ludicrous that he would join Shepherd to watch the match as well though. Taking on another job at his age? Mental.

And made 27? :nufc:

What are you implying, twat :nufc:

;)

you don't think it's bizarre that he's been to a few games now as Shepherd's guest then?

and as for this post being ITK - ma arse you tit

you don't think it's bizarre that he's been to a few games now as Shepherd's guest then?

Not at all, the fat twat is probably finally feeling some guilt for the way he treated him.

tbh if there was any truth in the rumour, i think there'd be a tad more discretion with his appearances or, the press would have picked up on it by now.

you've got to wonder why shepherd didn't let him see out his contract and then move him upstairs instead of sacking him 4 games into the season after we finished 5th.

i would be amazed if sir bobby wanted anything to do with the fat twat that runs the club after the way he was treated.

i would be amazed if sir bobby wanted anything to do with the fat twat that runs the club after the way he was treated.

As unlikely as all this sounds, that part wouldnt be that shocking. If anyone can take the high road and be the bigger man, it's Sir Bob.

As unlikely as all this sounds, that part wouldnt be that shocking. If anyone can take the high road and be the bigger man, it's Sir Bob.

i don't doubt it.

but why would an honerable man like sbr even contemplate the idea of going back to work for the cretin who sacked him after he produced league finishes of 4th, 3rd and 5th