Martin O'Neill

Invicta_Toon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has no bottle.

Ditto Allardyce.

It was a joke, in reference to Roeder's comments recently. I think both have the bottle, or big enough characters for the NUFC job, without a doubt. Why neither took the job.... my guess because of the board.

Regarding MON, he's a decent manager but not as good as the hype would have you believe and I don't think he would have done a much better job than Roeder has done in the circumstances, although long-term I think he would prove a better NUFC manager, but whether he could take NUFC to the next level which is what everyone was looking for from the new man in the summer, we'll never know. I doubt he'll take Villa into the top 4 and regular CL footy either.

According to Leazes he meant Shearer not MoN :lol:

According to me, Leazes said nothing.

Guest stevieintoon

exactly jonny

he's a manager that has a good record, getting a team like leicester to 2 cup wins and top 10 in the league with the players he had was really good management, getting a poor celtic team to the final of the uefa cup is no mean feat.

knee jerk reactions however seem to be the order of the day here some times (and i'm not exempt)

i know who i'd rather have managing my team. despite roeder getting some decidedly good results recently it for my money is more by luck than judgement, despite the defence having an average age of 18.3 etc etc...

But didn't that "poor Celtic team" beat two teams from the premiership on the way to the final as well.

Aye but Blackburn utterly murderered them at Parkhead, it was almost embarrassing, they should've won 4 or 5-1, and the dippers were going through their worst run of results in 45 years.

exactly jonny

he's a manager that has a good record, getting a team like leicester to 2 cup wins and top 10 in the league with the players he had was really good management, getting a poor celtic team to the final of the uefa cup is no mean feat.

knee jerk reactions however seem to be the order of the day here some times (and i'm not exempt)

i know who i'd rather have managing my team. despite roeder getting some decidedly good results recently it for my money is more by luck than judgement, despite the defence having an average age of 18.3 etc etc...

But didn't that "poor Celtic team" beat two teams from the premiership on the way to the final as well.

Aye but Blackburn utterly murderered them at Parkhead, it was almost embarrassing, they should've won 4 or 5-1, and the dippers were going through their worst run of results in 45 years.

I watched that game, Souness was in charge at the time and they did murder them, Blackburn played some super stuff that day and as you said, should have came away with a big win. Not that that says anything about MON's ability mind.

Guest stevieintoon

exactly jonny

I watched that game, Souness was in charge at the time and they did murder them, Blackburn played some super stuff that day and as you said, should have came away with a big win. Not that that says anything about MON's ability mind.

His ability is based on enthusiasm and hard work, he's never impressed me tactically. Celtic's away performances in Europe overall demonstrate he is found wanting in my view.

If you enjoy long ball football then maybe Martin O'Neill would've been a good choice, we need trophies but I've always wanted the game played without percentage football, and more considered attractive build-ups which we are very capable of playing.

when exactly.

our football is shite this season. actually its not shite but its not good if you know what i mean.

i'd rather we won playing 45 consecutive passes and nutmegging the keeper from 30 yards but it ain't gonna happen with this team as we currently stand....

results first, fancy bollocks second. currently

Guest stevieintoon

when exactly.

our football is shite this season. actually its not shite but its not good if you know what i mean.

i'd rather we won playing 45 consecutive passes and nutmegging the keeper from 30 yards but it ain't gonna happen with this team as we currently stand....

results first, fancy bollocks second. currently

Many instances. West Ham away for one, and spells of both Spurs games.

This is a MON is shite thread

start your own Allardyce is shite thread if you want

Big Sam isn't shite, and neither is MON. Your patter is though :lol:

fuck off out of my thread, this isn't even your board FFS :lol:

Villa fan on N-O thinks Petrov is a bit of a waste of money.

Fans are always split about these things. In the same way that a lot of our fans think Dyer is shite.

Petrov would be far better than Parker, Butt, Emre or Duff in our team.

As for Carew - would have been an absolute perfect signing to play alongside Martins.

• 2 months later...

I said months ago that Villa would finish below us...

:icon_lol:

*gets back to runes*

did you have Reading above us tho'??

Well, I guess it very much depends on in which place he had us. But I doubt it was 10th....

Am missing something here? Villa are only 2 points below us. Who has improved most relative to last season?

No, you aren't. And I totally agree.