Planning...

Isegrim

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the quotes of the window so far was Oliver saying that Roeder had told him he would be "spending all weekend frantically waiting for his mobile to ring with news of signings." ;) Shepherd obviously doesn't trust him with one that does outgoing calls as well.

"Freddy I NEED a top-up card! :nufc: "

One of the quotes of the window so far was Oliver saying that Roeder had told him he would be "spending all weekend frantically waiting for his mobile to ring with news of signings." ;) Shepherd obviously doesn't trust him with one that does outgoing calls as well.

"Freddy I NEED a top-up card! :nufc: "

I also liked the comment about his mobile being "worn out". What the hell is a "worn out" mobile. Does this mean, he got a top up card and Freddie only put 20 quid on it? :nufc:

... for next season starts today.

I expect Glen to frantically ring other managers on August 31st though.

I sincerly hope he's managing an under 15's team by then !

Yep they should know how much they have to spend (more or less) and should be looking for and targeting players (not "tapping up" but there's nothing to stop enquires and feelers being put out) from now onward.

Really if there's not at least 4 decent incomings and probably 3+ out goings in the summer then it absolutely really is time to protest for a change of manager, chairman and board (although who'd buy them out I dunno).

Guest Patrokles

There's a story in The Mail today about the Dubai group who were interested in Liverpool looking at us now.

I think the Mail just have a thing for us and takeovers.

We need a good central midfielder and two full-backs over the summer. By then we shouldn't need additional strikers.

We need one more striker. Even when Owen and Ameobi are fit (though the latter shouldn't actually be considered). You need four first team strikers.

We need a good central midfielder and two full-backs over the summer. By then we shouldn't need additional strikers.

We need one more striker. Even when Owen and Ameobi are fit (though the latter shouldn't actually be considered). You need four first team strikers.

Yep I think we need someone good in the air and strong enough to hold the ball up, if we're looking at a possible champions league place anyway (although I guess it maybe somewhat depends on how well Owen/Martins work together).

Assuming Owen comes back as something like the player he was anyway.

But we need 2-3 in at the back, and I think an injection of quality into midfield as well.

Yep I think we need someone good in the air and strong enough to hold the ball up, if we're looking at a possible champions league place anyway (although I guess it maybe somewhat depends on how well Owen/Martins work together).

But we need 2-3 in at the back, and I think an injection of quality into midfield as well.

Champions League place? ;) You are kidding right? :nufc:

Aye, no problem dislodging Liverpool, Arsenal, ManU, or Chelski. Come on Roeder! :nufc:

Fop, can I have some of what you're on please?

we threw away our chances of getting back into the champions league any time soon when shepherd sacked robson and replaced him with souness and then roeder.

it's going to be some time (and possibly a new chairman and manager) before we even threaten to get near the top 4 again.

anyone who thinks otherwise needs a reality check.

Aye, no problem dislodging Liverpool, Arsenal, ManU, or Chelski. Come on Roeder! :nufc:

Fop, can I have some of what you're on please?

I don't think it's legal.

Just taking an example from Germany. Leverkusen have reached an agreement with a lad called Helmes (playing in the second league, scoring 7 goals in 5 games before getting injured) about a future transfer. His contract is running out in 2008, but Leverkusen are now trying to already get him for next season...

He might get hit by an asteroid though...

Edited by Isegrim

We should really be looking to challenge for a champions league place other wise where are we looking to go.

It will be very difficult beating any of those four but it's no point setting yourself a target of staying in the division (which I think was the target fatty set this term).

Plus Liverpool and Arse (while miles better than us) are still more than capable of losing a good number of poor points so it's not ridiculous to try and challenge them.

Well yeah, ideally that's the sort of goal they should be setting within the club, but it's another thing for the fans to actually believe it's possible given the current squad and our (in)ability to improve it during transfer windows.

Well yeah, ideally that's the sort of goal they should be setting within the club, but it's another thing for the fans to actually believe it's possible given the current squad and our (in)ability to improve it during transfer windows.

Aye with this squad (even with Owen & Shola back) and the past evidence of our ability in transfer windows it's not looking at all posible that we could break back into the top four.

There's no club below those four that's anything to worry about though.

We should really be looking to challenge for a champions league place other wise where are we looking to go.

It will be very difficult beating any of those four but it's no point setting yourself a target of staying in the division (which I think was the target fatty set this term).

Plus Liverpool and Arse (while miles better than us) are still more than capable of losing a good number of poor points so it's not ridiculous to try and challenge them.

There's a difference between having a goal and actually believing it will happen. Anyway, automatic qualification for the UEFA cup and winning the league cup would be a much more realistic and achievable goal.

There's a difference between having a goal and actually believing it will happen. Anyway, automatic qualification for the UEFA cup and winning the league cup would be a much more realistic and achievable goal.

If you aim for a champions league spot and just miss it you will most likely the wafa cup spot anyway though.

I agree about the league cup though, it's ridiculous how little focus we've given it in the past!

right, so who are we going to ring today and slap in a contract, all ready to move come the summer...

I'd love to think that was for a laugh, following Renton's comments about the random shit you post. I fear that would be giving you far too much credit though ;)