Planning...

Isegrim

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a Director of football asap tbh

I agree and i dont think its humanly possible for Roeder to do everything he needs to do. One thing not taken account of when looking at the club's activity in the market is human resource. We are short on it tbh.

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=8442

The problem is worsened imho by the fact that a couple of board positions are vacant, i.e. are filled by Fat Fred himself. The whole setup of the club is rather that of an amateur club than that of a club with one of the highest turnover in Europe.

He is on a recruitment drive as we speak, i think next up is maybe the DoF job...

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~974424,00.html

Perfect for Vic tbh.

What the fuck is all that about

Its called a job advert....

sorry, always been in highly paid jobs never needed to apply to something that asks for 'smartcard' jibes

Oooh get you Mr sense of humour failure.

Were you headhunted out of primary school to work for NASA like Vic?

no your mum stopped me on my way home and offered to fit me in wherever i liked

(sorry for delay been having me tea)

Edited by skhwoody

I agree and i dont think its humanly possible for Roeder to do everything he needs to do. One thing not taken account of when looking at the club's activity in the market is human resource. We are short on it tbh.

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=8442

The problem is worsened imho by the fact that a couple of board positions are vacant, i.e. are filled by Fat Fred himself. The whole setup of the club is rather that of an amateur club than that of a club with one of the highest turnover in Europe.

He is on a recruitment drive as we speak, i think next up is maybe the DoF job...

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~974424,00.html

Perfect for Vic tbh.

What the fuck is all that about

Its called a job advert....

sorry, always been in highly paid jobs never needed to apply to something that asks for 'smartcard' jibes

Oooh get you Mr sense of humour failure.

Were you headhunted out of primary school to work for NASA like Vic?

no your mum stopped me on my way home and offered to fit me in wherever i liked

(sorry for delay been having me tea)

Worth the wait for that devastating response ;)

You haven't raised any points. You've made pointless references to other clubs that have come out of this transfer window a lot better off than we have in terms of the improvements to their squad. And I would say Spurs went into the window better off to begin with.

thought you were clever Gem........ ;) how come all these teams with better "plans" than us, aren't doing better ? And I haven't said anything about this transfer window, but over the last decade .... not like you to avoid a direct answer ... The poster who I replied could answer to. I can't be arsed to see who it was again ...

As I said, take your time

jesus.. two of them in the same thread... surely that puts the world off balance.

too much idiocy in one place and the space time continuum will collapse upon itself.....

just don't let the beams cross!!!

jesus.. two of them in the same thread... surely that puts the world off balance.

too much idiocy in one place and the space time continuum will collapse upon itself.....

Without reading the whole thread, I can safely say we have bungled yet another window.

You haven't raised any points. You've made pointless references to other clubs that have come out of this transfer window a lot better off than we have in terms of the improvements to their squad. And I would say Spurs went into the window better off to begin with.

thought you were clever Gem........ ;) how come all these teams with better "plans" than us, aren't doing better ? And I haven't said anything about this transfer window, but over the last decade .... not like you to avoid a direct answer ... The poster who I replied could answer to. I can't be arsed to see who it was again ...

Where's the fucking trophy for the average place?

Stop living in the past.

Without reading the whole thread, I can safely say we have bungled yet another window.

we signed Bungle?

cool ;)

Couldn't agree more, I'm not a fan of Roeder but to expect him to do everything from managing the team to ringing around to enquire about players as well as his managerial degree is too much.

We need someone to come in and take control of everything to do with the playing side of the club apart from first team training and selection, you look at the success other clubs have had with this method and it amazes me we haven't followed suit.

how many clubs are you talking about over the last decade have done better than us, and name them ? While you are at it, tell us which clubs you think have a better "plan" than us that for some strange reason haven't done so well. How can this be possible :lol:

I see the infrastructure at Spurs is succeeding these days, unlike our "lack of planning"....look at the league table :lol:

Villa, West Ham and Charlton also have grand "plans" going too ....... :unsure:

An example of a club that has had success with a Director of football is Spurs, 3 years ago Arnasen came into the club and completely altered the club from youth team up to their starting 11, he got rid of all the dead wood at the club even if it meant paying their contracts up, he then replaced with cheap young players who's transfer value could only rise (Carrick, Robinson etc)

On top of that he scouted youth teams to get the best young talent signed up to Spurs, even if it meant loaning them back out they were still signed to Spurs before their value went up, Lennon, Huddlestone, Dawson etc. Even with shite like Davenport and Atouba they've managed to sell on for more than they paid for them.

I'll address your point about the last decade, have Spurs been better than us over that period of time? No they haven't, however in the last 3 years since they employed a Director of football they've not only caught up with us but have sailed by, they have a far superior squad and have managed to do this while remaining debt free. We on the other hand have a poor squad with no depth, average players who we can't move on as nobody in their right mind will match the wages we pay them, a wage bill that is running too high and a debt of over £80 million.

Such an overhaul by a DOF has made it possible for Spurs to bid £10 million for a top 17 year old without damaging their finances too much, at the same time we have to sniff around for players on loan because we haven't got a pot to piss in.

Have Spurs been better than us over the past decade? No, however I have no doubt that we won't be better than then them over the next decade if Shepherd is still in charge.

Couldn't agree more, I'm not a fan of Roeder but to expect him to do everything from managing the team to ringing around to enquire about players as well as his managerial degree is too much.

We need someone to come in and take control of everything to do with the playing side of the club apart from first team training and selection, you look at the success other clubs have had with this method and it amazes me we haven't followed suit.

how many clubs are you talking about over the last decade have done better than us, and name them ? While you are at it, tell us which clubs you think have a better "plan" than us that for some strange reason haven't done so well. How can this be possible :lol:

I see the infrastructure at Spurs is succeeding these days, unlike our "lack of planning"....look at the league table :lol:

An example of a club that has had success with a Director of football is Spurs, 3 years ago Arnasen came into the club and completely altered the club from youth team up to their starting 11, he got rid of all the dead wood at the club even if it meant paying their contracts up, he then replaced with cheap young players who's transfer value could only rise (Carrick, Robinson etc)

On top of that he scouted youth teams to get the best young talent signed up to Spurs, even if it meant loaning them back out they were still signed to Spurs before their value went up, Lennon, Huddlestone, Dawson etc. Even with shite like Davenport and Atouba they've managed to sell on for more than they paid for them.

I'll address your point about the last decade, have Spurs been better than us over that period of time? No they haven't, however in the last 3 years since they employed a Director of football they've not only caught up with us but have sailed by, they have a far superior squad and have managed to do this while remaining debt free. We on the other hand have a poor squad with no depth, average players who we can't move on as nobody in their right mind will match the wages we pay them, a wage bill that is running too high and a debt of over £80 million.

Such an overhaul by a DOF has made it possible for Spurs to bid £10 million for a top 17 year old without damaging their finances too much, at the same time we have to sniff around for players on loan because we haven't got a pot to piss in.

Have Spurs been better than us over the past decade? No, however I have no doubt that we won't be better than then them over the next decade if Shepherd is still in charge.

what an absolute load of bollocks.

Tell you what, you ask Spurs fans if they will swap their last decade - and their current league position - for ours...... along with their transfer market generated expenditure during this period.

Despite their "plan" ........ :)

Best laugh I've had in ages. Tremendous.

You are talking absolute crap. Nobody spends 10m quid on a 17 year old "without damaging their finances" especially a club with a crowd 15,000 or so less than ours.

Shame also, that their "plan" doesn't include expanding the capacity and increasing their income.

We did a good piece of business the day we "planned" to get rid of Jeanarse to Spurs didn't we :):D:D

Simple fact is, a DOF doesn't matter a jot if the club appoint the wrong manager. Keegan appointed Wilkins at Fulham, which I told you the last time you mentioned this bollocks. They were going down in the old 3rd division, until Keegan himself sacked him and did the job himself. I also asked you the last time you raised this point, if they [spurs] would be in the mid table position - going backwards from last season :D - if Santini hadn't left ????? [with the same "infrastructure" and "plan".]

Never mind, I realise this is the "in phrase" among the fuckwits with no mind of their own that know shite all.

You are walking around with the same blind stupid idea that a "plan" will guarantee automatic success, in the same way that you think replacing the current board will also automatically guarantee bigger success.

The only way you can guarantee success, is increase the amount of trophies :D:D:D because there are still only 2 ie the premiership and the FA Cup.......do you really think Manu, Chelsea in particular are going to allow us to appoint a better manager than they do :D:D:D

God blimey. As sniffer said on NO, what shite you [and your ilk] talk.

And I am still waiting for Gemma to answer these points :D:D:D I had a feeling he would duck them - again.

thought you were clever Gem........ :lol: how come all these teams with better "plans" than us, aren't doing better ? And I haven't said anything about this transfer window, but over the last decade .... not like you to avoid a direct answer ... The poster who I replied could answer to. I can't be arsed to see who it was again ...

Where's the fucking trophy for the average place?

Stop living in the past.

you could try telling us how all those clubs with better "plans" than us, have consistently qualified for europe more, or won the trophies that you harp on about. By my reckoning, there is only 4.

Tell you what, you ask Spurs fans if they will swap their last decade - and their current league position - for ours...... along with their transfer market generated expenditure during this period.

You are talking absolute crap. Nobody spends 10m quid on a 17 year old "without damaging their finances" especially a club with a crowd 15,000 or so less than ours.

Shame also, that their "plan" doesn't include expanding the capacity and increasing their income.

We did a good piece of business the day we "planned" to get rid of Jeanarse to Spurs didn't we :):D:D

Simple fact is, a DOF doesn't matter a jot if the club appoint the wrong manager. Keegan appointed Wilkins at Fulham, which I told you the last time you mentioned this bollocks. They were going down in the old 3rd division, until Keegan himself sacked him and did the job himself. I also asked you the last time you raised this point, if they [spurs] would be in the mid table position - going backwards from last season :D - if Santini hadn't left ????? [with the same "infrastructure" and "plan".]

Never mind, I realise this is the "in phrase" among the fuckwits with no mind of their own that know shite all.

You are walking around with the same blind stupid idea that a "plan" will guarantee automatic success, in the same way that you think replacing the current board will also automatically guarantee bigger success.

The only way you can guarantee success, is increase the amount of trophies :D:D:D because there are still only 2 ie the premiership and the FA Cup.......do you really think Manu, Chelsea in particular are going to allow us to appoint a better manager than they do :D:D:D

And I am still waiting for Gemma to answer these points :D:D:D I had a feeling he would duck them - again.

Are you pissed?

You know what Leazes, debating with you really isn't worth the effort.

I won't bother again.

OK.

Shame you consider it to be a "debate" just because I have shot your stupid theory to shreds.

Are you pissed?

No.

The point is fairly straightforward Renton.

How come all these clubs with "plans" [when we don't] that is where we are going wrong, are not really doing so well ......... :D

You know what Leazes, debating with you really isn't worth the effort.

I won't bother again.

OK.

Shame you consider it to be a "debate" just because I have shot your stupid theory to shreds.

You haven't shot it to shreads, you just go into the same copy and paste rant about stuff that makes little sense, then throw in insults to try and make your opinion sound superior.

You silly old fucking idiot.