Planning...

Isegrim

Why don't you ever post about other subjects Fred?

ask Peasepud if I am Fred :P

Still suffering from the delusion that someone will walk into NUFC and be better than the current board, although noticeably you - and others - after all this time, STILL can't tell us who it would be

Have I even said that? :blink:

I said before, and I say now, that the job the board are doing at present isn't good enough. I don't care what they were doing 10 years ago, unlike you. I couldn't care less if they stayed as the NUFC board, as long as they stop screwing up like they have recently.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said it before on here: LM is Fred's perfect fan. If he wanted a blueprint for the other 40-odd thousand in the ground he would use LM. Unambitious, happy being slightly better than previously, and a huge fan of the trophy signing. LM even thinks qualifying for the UEFA Cup is a big achievement ffs. :blink:

Said it before on here: LM is Fred's perfect fan. If he wanted a blueprint for the other 40-odd thousand in the ground he would use LM. Unambitious, happy being slightly better than previously, and a huge fan of the trophy signing. LM even thinks qualifying for the UEFA Cup is a big achievement ffs. :blink:

is it not then?

is it not then?

Based on the teams we end up playing in it, I'd say no. It's a fucking pathetic tournament tbh.

is it not then?

For a club that's got a top five fanbase (at least) I would think not, especially when three times we have qualified though the back door (failed FA cup finalists or intertoto).

But then, you will say anything to be contrary, won't you?

is it not then?

For a club that's got a top five fanbase (at least) I would think not, especially when three times we have qualified though the back door (failed FA cup finalists or intertoto).

whereas you just talk shite tbh

number of fans = number of trophies?

fuck off you retard

Said it before on here: LM is Fred's perfect fan. If he wanted a blueprint for the other 40-odd thousand in the ground he would use LM. Unambitious, happy being slightly better than previously, and a huge fan of the trophy signing. LM even thinks qualifying for the UEFA Cup is a big achievement ffs. :P

is it not then?

fuck off you retard

More fans equals more money, which should mean employing a better manager and players. Have you not noticed there tends to be a relationship between better supported clubs and trophy counts, with us being the main exception to the rule over the last 50 years?

I would have thought this was blatently obvious to anyone, but it seems not to you. Well done for making a tit out of yourself again though. :blink:

Edited by Renton

Said it before on here: LM is Fred's perfect fan. If he wanted a blueprint for the other 40-odd thousand in the ground he would use LM. Unambitious, happy being slightly better than previously, and a huge fan of the trophy signing. LM even thinks qualifying for the UEFA Cup is a big achievement ffs. :P

is it not then?

fuck off you retard

More fans equals more money, which should mean employing a better manager and players. Have you not noticed there tends to be a relationship between better supported clubs and trophy counts, with us being the main exception to the rule over the last 50 years?

I would have thought this was blatently obvious to anyone, but it seems not to you. Well done for making a tit out of yourself again though. :blink:

aye whatever

just fuck off and support chelsea then, seeing as you think the shite you've written up there's got fuck all to do with football

tit

Said it before on here: LM is Fred's perfect fan. If he wanted a blueprint for the other 40-odd thousand in the ground he would use LM. Unambitious, happy being slightly better than previously, and a huge fan of the trophy signing. LM even thinks qualifying for the UEFA Cup is a big achievement ffs. :up:

Finally........he admits he thinks we have a divine right to be one of the top clubs and a group of directors who set their sights on this, so much so he doesn't understand that shit directors run clubs that get nowhere near europe, sell their best players, play in front of a half full stadium etc etc ....

As for unambitious....I am pleased you think putting my cash and time into supporting the club for over 40 years - 30 of which was watching the dross you think is impossible for Newcastle United to serve up - is "happy" you are even more deluded than I thought with even less grasp of reality.

You wouldn't know what a club without "trophy signing" - the 2nd biggest shite cliche after "planning" - was if it hit you in the head with a rusty hammer. You wouldn't be happy though, unless you would rather sign players such as Jon Stead than Michael Owen :blink::P:angry:

is it not then?

Renton - what happened during the 30 years pre-1992 when we only qualified for europe 4 times ? Why is this impossible to happen again ?

Do you think the mackems haven't a huge fanbase ? What would you do if we had a chairman like Bob Murray ? Do you think this is impossible too ?

What about clubs such as Man City, Spurs, Leeds, Birmingham, Wolves, Portsmouth, Southampton, Everton, to name some ? Why haven't they capitalised on their fanbases ? They DID get more fans than us for periods - some prolonged and lengthy periods - in the past ? Why ? And why are we now doing better than them ? Do you or don't you think it is because we NOW have better directors than they do ?

Said it before on here: LM is Fred's perfect fan. If he wanted a blueprint for the other 40-odd thousand in the ground he would use LM. Unambitious, happy being slightly better than previously, and a huge fan of the trophy signing. LM even thinks qualifying for the UEFA Cup is a big achievement ffs. :up:

is it not then?

fuck off you retard

I would have thought this was blatently obvious to anyone, but it seems not to you. Well done for making a tit out of yourself again though. :P

aye whatever

just fuck off and support chelsea then, seeing as you think the shite you've written up there's got fuck all to do with football

tit

:blink:

That made no sense at all. Well done. :angry:

is it not then?

Renton - what happened during the 30 years pre-1992 when we only qualified for europe 4 times ? Why is this impossible to happen again ?

Do you think the mackems haven't a huge fanbase ? What would you do if we had a chairman like Bob Murray ? Do you think this is impossible too ?

What about clubs such as Man City, Spurs, Leeds, Birmingham, Wolves, Portsmouth, Southampton, Everton, to name some ? Why haven't they capitalised on their fanbases ? They DID get more fans than us for periods - some prolonged and lengthy periods - in the past ? Why ? And why are we now doing better than them ? Do you or don't you think it is because we NOW have better directors than they do ?

My point was having a large fanbase is a huge advantage in winning silverware, obviously. Infact nowadays, with the exception of clubs funded like Chelsea, it is probably a prerequisite. But, as is patently clear when you look at us, it is no guarantee.

You constantly compare us to clubs that have done worse than us (although most of them have won trophies more recently), whereas I think it is more constructive to contrast us with clubs that have been more successful and try and learn how they have done this - Liverpool and Arsenal should be our role models, clubs we aspire to be like. Why do you do this?

Also, why do you keep harping on about the last 10 years? Most of these years have been pretty mediocre, the last 2 or 3 in particular have been gash. But even they are in the past. My interest and concerns are where we are now and where we are heading in the immediate future, what happened 20, 10 or 2 years is past and is not relevant. Are you optimistic for the future? What do you think our realistic goals should be and what do you think will actually happen? Are you content with nothing more than UEFA qualification like Gemmill suggests? Serious questions.

is it not then?

My point was having a large fanbase is a huge advantage in winning silverware, obviously. Infact nowadays, with the exception of clubs funded like Chelsea, it is probably a prerequisite. But, as is patently clear when you look at us, it is no guarantee.

You constantly compare us to clubs that have done worse than us (although most of them have won trophies more recently), whereas I think it is more constructive to contrast us with clubs that have been more successful and try and learn how they have done this - Liverpool and Arsenal should be our role models, clubs we aspire to be like. Why do you do this?

Also, why do you keep harping on about the last 10 years? Most of these years have been pretty mediocre, the last 2 or 3 in particular have been gash. But even they are in the past. My interest and concerns are where we are now and where we are heading in the immediate future, what happened 20, 10 or 2 years is past and is not relevant. Are you optimistic for the future? What do you think our realistic goals should be and what do you think will actually happen? Are you content with nothing more than UEFA qualification like Gemmill suggests? Serious questions.

Having a large fanbase is a huge advantage. We have ALWAYS had a potential huge fanbase. The current board has tapped this fanbase better than any other of the clubs directors in the last 50 years. This is NOT looking back, it is showing how far forward they have came and how we all now have raised expectations. This is BECAUSE of the current board, THEY are the ones who have achieved this.

I have said before - maybe they have taken the club as far forward as they can, if that is so then fair enough and I for one would certainly not turn down a better board. I can only explain that finding a better board is a very difficult task, if you look at people who have run us previuosly and other clubs who have had takeovers that have produced a worse situation, is looking at the picture realistically, nothing more nothing less. To believe that they will automatically be better just doesn't make any sense to anyone who thinks about it logically and looks at the facts as I state.

I have long believed that Newcastle United could match Man U. We are the only club that could. Even Liverpool in their prime when they had a better team did not match them in terms of support, stadium capacity etc etc and nationwide appeal. We can do better than that for the simple reason that we are a one club city, the only one in England - although to a degree the mackems are only 12 miles down the road and are close enough to share support as a 2 club city does. In fact, the mackems too are massively underachieving and they too are potentially one of the top 6 clubs in the country and if they were well run could easily win lots of trophies and pack a 60,000 stadium. Draw a comparison between us and them. If you think we are badly run what do you think of them? You can only look at the situation during the time of the board, and the facts are that we have qualified for europe more than any other team bar 4, so that tells you we have not been badly run, maybe not as well as we could, but the vast majority of teams could say the same. In context, this board has done a very good job for Newcastle United, despite faults and failures in certain areas and with some decisions, but you won't find anybody who doesn't make some bad decisions.

As I am 52 I am more desperate to see Newcastle United dominate this country, or even win one trophy, more than almost anybody.

For the record, and Gem, I hated the attitude that Newcastle United supporters and the club had in the 1960's, 70's and 80's under the old board, that lived in the past and was happy to have a number 9 like Wor Jackie and bollocks to the rest of the team. I have said this before on here. I was a big supporter of Gordon Lee, because he brought a professional attitude to the club and the team ethic. This is why he is slated for selling Macdonald - the correct decision - and attempt to build a proper all round football team, it isn't what the fans wanted, or they think they didn't want it. He went to Everton, simply because they had a better and more ambitious club than Newcastle had at the time. Do you - and others - understand this ?

THIS is how far forward the club has came since 1992. Think about it, and I'm trying not to sound patronising, but think about it. And Lee did well at Everton, he lifted them from a relegation spot to finish in the top 4 in the league for 3 or 4 years, bought England international footballers that he was denied at Newcastle, and was sacked for having one bad year, but not before laying on the Everton youth policy that produced 7 or 8 of the players that Howard Kendall won 2 leagues and the European Cup Winners Cup with.

This is a man who said he "didn't like stars".......what he meant was that he didn't like "trophy" players surrounded by shite. He was ahead of his time, and people were too thick to understand what he meant and even worse was the fact that the crap, shite, amateur board we had let him down badly. And people say they hate THIS board.........they haven't a clue.

Similar scenario 10 year later when the rebuilding job Cox did was thrown away by the same set of bastards, losing Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle. Would those players leave now ? Would they shite.

As for the future. I think anybody who wants to finish above both Chelsea and manure has an extremely difficult task. Get your act together and you could finish above one of them. But both ???????? I know you have not supported Roeder, but I have mixed views on it. We want trophy winners, but we have been down that route and they have not succeeded here, primarily because they came in and changed too much and/or put themselves first rather than the club. There is a strong case for appointing a manager who is prepared to work hard for the club, with the clubs interests coming first, and feeling for the club, to lay down some good "building bricks". People on here keep harping on about "plans", well this is what they are getting now.

Add the new training complex etc to the picture. Do they really want this, or the instant fix, or just want to slate the club off whatever they attempt to do.

Roeder can do a decent job here and leave a good platform for the next manager if he can't do it himself. There is nothing to lose really, he will succeed himself or be replaced if it goes wrong or it looks like he has gone as far as he can, which is what always happens. So give him some slack and a chance is what I say, its only a couple of more years. By then he will either have succeeded or he'll be gone if not. I reckon he deserves a chance, unlike the last wanker.

Edited by LeazesMag

is it not then?

Having a large fanbase is a huge advantage. We have ALWAYS had a potential huge fanbase. The current board has tapped this fanbase better than any other of the clubs directors in the last 50 years. This is NOT looking back, it is showing how far forward they have came and how we all now have raised expectations. This is BECAUSE of the current board, THEY are the ones who have achieved this.

I have said before - maybe they have taken the club as far forward as they can, if that is so then fair enough and I for one would certainly not turn down a better board. I can only explain that finding a better board is a very difficult task, if you look at people who have run us previuosly and other clubs who have had takeovers that have produced a worse situation, is looking at the picture realistically, nothing more nothing less. To believe that they will automatically be better just doesn't make any sense to anyone who thinks about it logically and looks at the facts as I state.

I have long believed that Newcastle United could match Man U. We are the only club that could. Even Liverpool in their prime when they had a better team did not match them in terms of support, stadium capacity etc etc and nationwide appeal. We can do better than that for the simple reason that we are a one club city, the only one in England - although to a degree the mackems are only 12 miles down the road and are close enough to share support as a 2 club city does. In fact, the mackems too are massively underachieving and they too are potentially one of the top 6 clubs in the country and if they were well run could easily win lots of trophies and pack a 60,000 stadium. Draw a comparison between us and them. If you think we are badly run what do you think of them? You can only look at the situation during the time of the board, and the facts are that we have qualified for europe more than any other team bar 4, so that tells you we have not been badly run, maybe not as well as we could, but the vast majority of teams could say the same. In context, this board has done a very good job for Newcastle United, despite faults and failures in certain areas and with some decisions, but you won't find anybody who doesn't make some bad decisions.

As I am 52 I am more desperate to see Newcastle United dominate this country, or even win one trophy, more than almost anybody.

For the record, and Gem, I hated the attitude that Newcastle United supporters and the club had in the 1960's, 70's and 80's under the old board, that lived in the past and was happy to have a number 9 like Wor Jackie and bollocks to the rest of the team. I have said this before on here. I was a big supporter of Gordon Lee, because he brought a professional attitude to the club and the team ethic. This is why he is slated for selling Macdonald - the correct decision - and attempt to build a proper all round football team, it isn't what the fans wanted, or they think they didn't want it. He went to Everton, simply because they had a better and more ambitious club than Newcastle had at the time. Do you - and others - understand this ?

THIS is how far forward the club has came since 1992. Think about it, and I'm trying not to sound patronising, but think about it. And Lee did well at Everton, he lifted them from a relegation spot to finish in the top 4 in the league for 3 or 4 years, bought England international footballers that he was denied at Newcastle, and was sacked for having one bad year, but not before laying on the Everton youth policy that produced 7 or 8 of the players that Howard Kendall won 2 leagues and the European Cup Winners Cup with.

This is a man who said he "didn't like stars".......what he meant was that he didn't like "trophy" players surrounded by shite. He was ahead of his time, and people were too thick to understand what he meant and even worse was the fact that the crap, shite, amateur board we had let him down badly. And people say they hate THIS board.........they haven't a clue.

Similar scenario 10 year later when the rebuilding job Cox did was thrown away by the same set of bastards, losing Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle. Would those players leave now ? Would they shite.

As for the future. I think anybody who wants to finish above both Chelsea and manure has an extremely difficult task. Get your act together and you could finish above one of them. But both ???????? I know you have not supported Roeder, but I have mixed views on it. We want trophy winners, but we have been down that route and they have not succeeded here, primarily because they came in and changed too much and/or put themselves first rather than the club. There is a strong case for appointing a manager who is prepared to work hard for the club, with the clubs interests coming first, and feeling for the club, to lay down some good "building bricks". People on here keep harping on about "plans", well this is what they are getting now.

Add the new training complex etc to the picture. Do they really want this, or the instant fix, or just want to slate the club off whatever they attempt to do.

Roeder can do a decent job here and leave a good platform for the next manager if he can't do it himself. There is nothing to lose really, he will succeed himself or be replaced if it goes wrong or it looks like he has gone as far as he can, which is what always happens. So give him some slack and a chance is what I say, its only a couple of more years. By then he will either have succeeded or he'll be gone if not. I reckon he deserves a chance, unlike the last wanker.

Aye well, fair enough, there's not a lot there you can disagree with. Talking of whether a takeover would be beneficial will remain hypothetical for some time to come anyway it seems - we are not an attractive proposition financially.

But regarding Shepherd's present performance, well, I think he has a lot to answer for. I know you agree it was a huge mistake, but I simply cannot forgive him for the biggest cock up of all time - employing Souness. Not just that, but the timing of his dismissal of Robson without a replacement lined up, and then of course, gambling the future of our club by giving Souness £50M spending money (one example where it would have been prudent not to back the manager).

Even if this was his one and only mistake (I don't think it was personally), it was so monumental in size it ruins any good work he did before for me, and as I am sure you will agree, we will suffer from it for many years to come. It's not just Shepherd though, parasites like Douglas Hall and the rife nepotism seen at the club are also hugely damaging imo.

What's the future hold? Who knows, but I expect dwindling crowds, apathy and mediochrity (not compared to the 80s but compared to Keegan or Robsons' time) in the next few years. It's not just Newcastle, its a general apathy about the premier league at the moment caused by the top 4 being unreachable. Unless we can sign a top class manager who can turn us around with limited funds, I personally find it very hard to be enthusiastic about the beautiful game.

Who knows, perhaps Shearer will prove his doubters wrong. I really hope so.

is it not then?

Aye well, fair enough, there's not a lot there you can disagree with. Talking of whether a takeover would be beneficial will remain hypothetical for some time to come anyway it seems - we are not an attractive proposition financially.

But regarding Shepherd's present performance, well, I think he has a lot to answer for. I know you agree it was a huge mistake, but I simply cannot forgive him for the biggest cock up of all time - employing Souness. Not just that, but the timing of his dismissal of Robson without a replacement lined up, and then of course, gambling the future of our club by giving Souness £50M spending money (one example where it would have been prudent not to back the manager).

Even if this was his one and only mistake (I don't think it was personally), it was so monumental in size it ruins any good work he did before for me, and as I am sure you will agree, we will suffer from it for many years to come. It's not just Shepherd though, parasites like Douglas Hall and the rife nepotism seen at the club are also hugely damaging imo.

What's the future hold? Who knows, but I expect dwindling crowds, apathy and mediochrity (not compared to the 80s but compared to Keegan or Robsons' time) in the next few years. It's not just Newcastle, its a general apathy about the premier league at the moment caused by the top 4 being unreachable. Unless we can sign a top class manager who can turn us around with limited funds, I personally find it very hard to be enthusiastic about the beautiful game.

Who knows, perhaps Shearer will prove his doubters wrong. I really hope so.

pretty much agree

Blimey :blink:

Of course, it is also possible that Wenger will leave Arsenal and they appoint a shit replacement, and Liverpool the same. ManU too, despite their money, won't replace Fergie easily. So you never know.

Generally speaking, you have to wonder whether the premiership itself has peaked. You can sense more and more fans are fed up of the whole thing ie high ticket prices, arsehole footballers, too much TV etc

is it not then?

fuck off you retard

I would have thought this was blatently obvious to anyone, but it seems not to you. Well done for making a tit out of yourself again though. :P

aye whatever

tit

That made no sense at all. Well done. :angry:

it's not my fault your simple, I couldn't give 2 fucks of you understood it or not

the fact that you think you made a good point and responded with a dummy speaks volumes tbh

Said it before on here: LM is Fred's perfect fan. If he wanted a blueprint for the other 40-odd thousand in the ground he would use LM. Unambitious, happy being slightly better than previously, and a huge fan of the trophy signing. LM even thinks qualifying for the UEFA Cup is a big achievement ffs. :blush:

is it not then?

fuck off you retard

I would have thought this was blatently obvious to anyone, but it seems not to you. Well done for making a tit out of yourself again though. :angry:

aye whatever

tit

That made no sense at all. Well done. :up:

it's not my fault your simple, I couldn't give 2 fucks of you understood it or not

the fact that you think you made a good point and responded with a dummy speaks volumes tbh

:P

Said it before on here: LM is Fred's perfect fan. If he wanted a blueprint for the other 40-odd thousand in the ground he would use LM. Unambitious, happy being slightly better than previously, and a huge fan of the trophy signing. LM even thinks qualifying for the UEFA Cup is a big achievement ffs. :blush:

is it not then?

fuck off you retard

I would have thought this was blatently obvious to anyone, but it seems not to you. Well done for making a tit out of yourself again though. :angry:

aye whatever

tit

That made no sense at all. Well done. :up:

:P

that is the very definition of your personality tbh

come back when you have a fucking clue twat

Tit

Wankstain

Retard

Twat

All insults you've thrown at me in this thread alone. What's your problem, a limited vocabulary, Tourette syndrome, or are you really just an angry spotty kid stuggling to cope with puberty?

Craig/Gol, I know we have an anything goes culture on Toontastic, but I'd make an exception for Victoria. All he does is ruin threads with his moronic "banter", the board really would be better off without him. I see he's banned on N-O for a few weeks too which is probably why we have to suffer him on here - if you get shot of him it'll be funny to see how he copes on Skunkers.

Tit

Wankstain

Retard

Twat

All insults you've thrown at me in this thread alone. What's your problem, a limited vocabulary, Tourette syndrome, or are you really just an angry spotty kid stuggling to cope with puberty?

Craig/Gol, I know we have an anything goes culture on Toontastic, but I'd make an exception for Victoria. All he does is ruin threads with his moronic "banter", the board really would be better off without him. I see he's banned on N-O for a few weeks too which is probably why we have to suffer him on here - if you get shot of him it'll be funny to see how he copes on Skunkers.

I could trawl back through the post and point a few things out to you. I coud point out that it was you who jumped in on a debate that didn't involve you, just to make personal comments at me (Patrokles mark II tbh) and a retarded point (crowds = trophies). I could point out that when pulled up on it, rather than fight your viewpoint, you resorted to dummy smilies. I could then run to admin and demand you be banned with a post enforcing my point by including the said smilies used

I could do all those things, if I was a big girl's blouse. But I'm not, so I'll just be me, and call you a tit/retard/wankstain/twat

Tit

Wankstain

Retard

Twat

just had a PM from Admin

well done you big girl's blouse :blink::P