Planning...

Isegrim

No.

The point is fairly straightforward Renton.

How come all these clubs with "plans" [when we don't] that is where we are going wrong, are not really doing so well ......... :lol:

I suggest you reread it. Even by your standards, that particular post made no sense at all.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With some decent planning we might have got where we could have got to.

Decent planning has qualified us for europe regularly over a decade, filled the stadium, bought major England internationals [including selling Jeanarse to a club with a "better plan"] and achieved the highest league positions in over 50 years. FACT.

And - only 4 clubs - have "planned" better in the last decade. This is based on results, not fiction.

You know what Leazes, debating with you really isn't worth the effort.

I won't bother again.

OK.

Shame you consider it to be a "debate" just because I have shot your stupid theory to shreds.

You haven't shot it to shreads, you just go into the same copy and paste rant about stuff that makes little sense, then throw in insults to try and make your opinion sound superior.

You silly old fucking idiot.

hoho.....why the insults ?????

:lol:

I'm happy that I know enough about the club to know what I'm on about. If you think you know better, answer the points constructively............but I suspect you know you can't, and also being uninformed and unknowledgeable, through being hardly out of short pants, won't even attempt to

I'm sure a bright young spark like you, understands what is meant by "constructive"........

So. Go ahead. It's all yours. Tell us how these clubs with superior "plans" are doing in comparison to us ?

You're talking bollocks son, and whats more you know it.

Decent planning has qualified us for europe regularly over a decade, filled the stadium, bought major England internationals [including selling Jeanarse to a club with a "better plan"] and achieved the highest league positions in over 50 years. FACT.

And - only 4 clubs - have "planned" better in the last decade. This is based on results, not fiction.

And all with an incompetent in charge. So near and yet so far.

And all with an incompetent in charge. So near and yet so far.

Shame all those 87 clubs below us have competent people running the club then, wouldn't you agree ? Or is logic not your strong point, or is it that you also don't have a mind of your own :lol:

I don't give a shit who is below us tbh, only who is above us. I don't feel particularly chuffed that Southend get less in the ground than us.

Edited by nufc4ever

You know what Leazes, debating with you really isn't worth the effort.

I won't bother again.

OK.

Shame you consider it to be a "debate" just because I have shot your stupid theory to shreds.

You haven't shot it to shreads, you just go into the same copy and paste rant about stuff that makes little sense, then throw in insults to try and make your opinion sound superior.

You silly old fucking idiot.

hoho.....why the insults ?????

:lol:

I'm happy that I know enough about the club to know what I'm on about. If you think you know better, answer the points constructively............but I suspect you know you can't, and also being uninformed and unknowledgeable, through being hardly out of short pants, won't even attempt to

I'm sure a bright young spark like you, understands what is meant by "constructive"........

So. Go ahead. It's all yours. Tell us how these clubs with superior "plans" are doing in comparison to us ?

You're talking bollocks son, and whats more you know it.

Not even wasting my time with you :lol:

you could try telling us how all those clubs with better "plans" than us, have consistently qualified for europe more, or won the trophies that you harp on about. By my reckoning, there is only 4.

I dunno qualified for Europe, yes if you use the right stats.

But won the trophies? Even if you count the Intertoto Cup (which I seriously don't myself) we're not doing so well even over all never mind in the last few decades, Sunderland are way ahead of us in that context.

Planning is an inexact science. There are too many unknowns in business to have a contingency for every eventuality that your environment throws up. I think there have been conflicting priorities for the club and the main one has been to stabilise the business and shift the overall philosophy from gambling on big signings. To what is not yet clear.

I have always said that the transfer market is too uncertain to have a fixed plan as each deal is related to other deals in the way the housing market is.

In the business i work in, we have a strategic brand plan each year that is revised as an ongoing process a minimum of 3 times in the year due to unforeseen challenges. We deliver over £30 billion of sales each year so we are really expert at it too. Still feels like guesswork though.

Tomorrow my boss is in Philadelphia doing due dilligence on a product we need. The company that owns it wants to deal but they also want to merge their whole business with our main competitor, in which case the deal is off. If we dont get it, we will be fucked in the area for good. Failure of management if it doesnt come off?

Not in the slightest imo.

I'd rather have my eyeballs syringed than go to the Reebok week in week out.

and of course that has everything to do with their steady progress up the premiership doesn't... the ground they play in...

:lol: whats the fucking point? You try to debate a point and the opponent skits about tangents like a bee in a flower shop!

Bolton, with sound malleable tactics and shrewd business have climbed the premiership and are now thought of as perennial European contenders.

Newcastle, with shoddy one dimensional tactics and poor business have descended the premiership and are now thought of as mid-table at best.

"Planning" :lol:

I meant watching the shite that they serve up as entertainment not just visiting that plastic shithole.

Apologies, i didnt mean to flit about the subject. Our previous strategy fell on its arse and we are now in a fucked state as a club. Bolton have done better this season but they arent exactly inspiring.

Leazes response to Baggio's post earlier on in this thread is just incredible. Baggio sets out how Spurs have tried to put things right over the last 3 years and the signs that they are going in the right direction. Leazes response? "Ask Spurs fans if they'd swap their last decade for ours". The fact that Spurs are putting in the foundations for a far better future than us sails straight over his head.

It's all about the past and being slightly better than we used to be with Leazes. Qualify for the UEFA Cup and sign an England international and you keep him happy. This won't be regarded as an insult to Leazes, but he genuinely is Freddy Shepherd's ideal Newcastle fan. He thinks like Shepherd and like Shepherd he thinks that we should all be content with how things are going at the minute.

It's pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Edited by Gemmill

I meant watching the shite that they serve up as entertainment not just visiting that plastic shithole.

I cannot understand why Boltons play continues to get such stick, I would say whats been served up to us since Souness took over or perhaps even Robsons last years has been worse tbh. When was the last time we put on a decent performance? There has been very few in the last 3 seasons...

Planning and some common sense would have seen Sol Cambell here last year. Yes not a brilliant player but i think his experience would have installed a little less of the headless chicken attitude we have at the moment. And best of all he was on a free and he wanted to come.

But no the master plan was in place and he was deemed surplus to requirements. I think Jan 1st hits and at St James Park people are walking around scratching their head thinking "Something important today can't remember what" and by the last week its took late.

I am sick of empty headed 'Soundbites' in the press quoting - Hard Work, scouring available players, someone worthy of newcastle et al - being thrown about instead of some honest "you know lads i do not have a clue" comments.

sol campbell is the very definition of headless chicken. How many teams succeed by continously signing players for 1 or 2 years?

And where are his club?

Planning is an inexact science. There are too many unknowns in business to have a contingency for every eventuality that your environment throws up. I think there have been conflicting priorities for the club and the main one has been to stabilise the business and shift the overall philosophy from gambling on big signings. To what is not yet clear.

I have always said that the transfer market is too uncertain to have a fixed plan as each deal is related to other deals in the way the housing market is.

In the business i work in, we have a strategic brand plan each year that is revised as an ongoing process a minimum of 3 times in the year due to unforeseen challenges. We deliver over £30 billion of sales each year so we are really expert at it too. Still feels like guesswork though.

Tomorrow my boss is in Philadelphia doing due dilligence on a product we need. The company that owns it wants to deal but they also want to merge their whole business with our main competitor, in which case the deal is off. If we dont get it, we will be fucked in the area for good. Failure of management if it doesnt come off?

Adam mate, you've done this before (comparing the management and strategic planning in your company to that at NUFC) and I can't help but feel it's a sackable offence. :lol:

It might be fun for one of the financial wizz kids on here to work out how much we've spent over the last 10 years and then compare that to how many points we won in each season. We could see how much we spend per point compared to our rivals like Bolton and Villa, etc. In fact every club that's stayed in the division over the last 10 seasons.

I'm certainly not doing it but it'd be worth a read.

It won't tell the whole story by any means but i think it might be a quick and simple way to see how efficient we've been with our resources.

Set to lads, i want this finished by close of business :lol:

Adam mate, you've done this before (comparing the management and strategic planning in your company to that at NUFC) and I can't help but feel it's a sackable offence. :lol:

But you can apply economic planning to football management. One of the main areas of Economic study is the control predicament. The scarcity and choice conundrum. The idea being there is finite resources with a number of entities wanting choice. by taking this into consideration if you know you have a short time in which to exercise the end move of a deal you should begin the deal as soon as possible. As has already been pointed out the Transfer window is for the conclusion of deals between clubs. Clubs can contact each other at any time about the possibility of a players availability. Scouts can go to games at any time to watch players. A well run club should have had for the 2 months prior to the window opening scouts at games and been in contact with clubs who have players of a high enough calibre in positions needed to instigate negotiations. By waiting to start anything until the window opens. Or in the case of our summer campaign six weeks after it opens. We shoot ourselves in the foot and reduce our operational ability.

But you can apply economic planning to football management. One of the main areas of Economic study is the control predicament. The scarcity and choice conundrum. The idea being there is finite resources with a number of entities wanting choice. by taking this into consideration if you know you have a short time in which to exercise the end move of a deal you should begin the deal as soon as possible. As has already been pointed out the Transfer window is for the conclusion of deals between clubs. Clubs can contact each other at any time about the possibility of a players availability. Scouts can go to games at any time to watch players. A well run club should have had for the 2 months prior to the window opening scouts at games and been in contact with clubs who have players of a high enough calibre in positions needed to instigate negotiations. By waiting to start anything until the window opens. Or in the case of our summer campaign six weeks after it opens. We shoot ourselves in the foot and reduce our operational ability.

Yeah I know all of that. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be doing that. I'm saying that comparing strategic plans at big successful companies to those at NUFC is like comparing apples and oranges.

Yeah I know all of that. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be doing that. I'm saying that comparing strategic plans at big successful companies to those at NUFC is like comparing apples and oranges.

5th best oranges on average tbf.

5th best oranges on average tbf.

Yeah those Apples were just a selling fruit