*OWEN ARRIVES IN NEWCASTLE FOR TALKS**

Optimistic Nut

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I'm glued to it at the minute.

And even then, I'll wait for official confirmation from your telly!

EDIT - Sky Sports News has just said he'll talk to both us AND Liverpool.

21054[/snapback]

Talksport just said the same.

The papers have been saying since Saturday that he's coming over for the first few days of this week to talk to both Liverpool and us. Still expect him to go to Liverpool though, assuming they can agree a fee. The promising thing is that if they CAN'T agree a fee, at least we've spoken to the player and can have provisional terms agreed and a contract drafted, to avoid running out of time as Wednesday approaches.

I imagine that any talks with Liverpool would be regarding them making a move for him in January rather than joining them now.

Exactly.

For me, the fact he's willing to talk to us will mean it's unlikely for Real Madrid to let him go to Liverpool on the cheap.

21100[/snapback]

Liverpool are relying on

A/ Owen's begging and pleading to go to Liverpool will have him hanging on til the last second

B/ Real want some cash and if it's left to the last second they will accept half Shepherd has offered.

C/ Liverpool think they can get him on the cheap because of Owen's fretful bleatings about going back.

Can you guess I dont expect him to come here then ? :blink:

Owen arrives at Newcastle airport.

Michael Owen: "Hallo Mr. Shepherd, Hallo Mr. Souness. I just wanted to tell you personally that I am not going to join Newcastle. I'll rather stay at Real to play Championsleague. So where is my taxi to Liverpool?"

Walks out of the front door, jumps into a waiting taxi and is off...

I'm surprised he is wasting his time even thinking of signing for relegation fodder.

21261[/snapback]

What a ray of sunshine you are :blink:

21307[/snapback]

Tis the sad truth though.

from .com

He's here

It's now been confirmed that Michael Owen is in the region today (Monday) for transfer talks - although he's expected to meet with Liverpool officials for similar negotiations before linking up with the England squad.

Owen didn't feature for Real Madrid in their opening Primera Liga game of the season on Sunday night, as they won 2-1 at Cadiz.

He'll join the England squad ahead of World Cup qualifiers in Wales and Northern Ireland on Saturday and Wednesday week  respectively - although he's suspended from the game in Cardiff.

This transfer will bankrupt us in the high unlikelyhood that it does happen.

21333[/snapback]

Has Ugly Mackems taken you under his wing? Why else would you post complete conjecture, based on absolutely no concrete knowledge whatsoever, as a statement of fact?

In fact, the only way your post could have been more insipid is if you'd written "FACT." at the end.

Edited by Baron von Fat

Where has this money suddenly come from?

How can we afford it even after shelling out £10m for Luque?

Why have we haggled over £500k here and there with re Anelka & Boa Morte?

Writing FACT after everything is © SMB

OMG FACTAMUNDO, GERLD ETC.

I'm surprised he is wasting his time even thinking of signing for relegation fodder.

21261[/snapback]

Im surprised such a downhearted person would bother supporting Newcastle. Cos what your saying isn't support, not saying your not allowed be downhearted but when come on keep positive.

Where has this money suddenly come from?

How can we afford it even after shelling out £10m for Luque?

Why have we haggled over £500k here and there with re Anelka & Boa Morte?

Writing FACT after everything is © SMB

OMG FACTAMUNDO, GERLD ETC.

21358[/snapback]

Exactly my view, if we have it why not have bought earlier.