*OWEN ARRIVES IN NEWCASTLE FOR TALKS**

Optimistic Nut

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying he will sign for Newcastle but Real madrid have stated that a loan deal is not an option and that is why Newcastle put the bid in. If he is not interested at all in coming then I would be amazed if he is going to come all the way down here and spend over two hours talking to NUFC officials. I also find it strange that no cameras have got pictures of Owen talking to Liverpool this morning and how can a player talk to a club if a bid has not been accepted by his current club.

I'm not saying he will sign for Newcastle but Real madrid have stated that a loan deal is not an option and that is why Newcastle put the bid in. If he is not interested at all in coming then I would be amazed if he is going to come all the way down here and spend over two hours talking to NUFC officials. I also find it strange that no cameras have got pictures of Owen talking to Liverpool this morning and how can a player talk to a club if a bid has not been accepted by his current club.

21764[/snapback]

You mean like Emre & Luque?

I would be amazed if he is going to come all the way down here and spend over two hours talking to NUFC officials.

SSN said talks lasted 5-6 hours :D

21771[/snapback]

Probably the actual talks lasted 5 seconds ("No, I won't join Newcastle.") and they started playing cards and eating pies afterwards...

I would be amazed if he is going to come all the way down here and spend over two hours talking to NUFC officials.

21771[/snapback]

Probably the actual talks lasted 5 seconds ("No, I won't join Newcastle.") and they started playing cards and eating pies afterwards...

21776[/snapback]

HAHA

I don't agree with your opinions on here, but that was a fuckin funny line!! :D

21764[/snapback]

That's true :D but do you not think it seems a bit strange and surely no player is going to talk for 7 hours to a club without being interested. If he doesn't want to come he says no but I just don't feel Liverpool have got the money for him and are not prepared to pay what we have offered. Rafa has already stated he wants to bolster other areas. You never know and seems funny he followed Shearer as if possibly he might be staying there overnight :D

21771[/snapback]

21776[/snapback]

or tuning into the Horse Racing at The Toon or Chepstow

21771[/snapback]

21776[/snapback]

or tuning into the Horse Racing at The Toon or Chepstow

21781[/snapback]

Hmm, that might also be the reason why they invited Shearer. Probably Owen's flight was scheduled for the evening and they were just polite and accompanied him. Waiting at Newcastle airport can be f***ing boring...

It seems that everyone with some say at the club has been at this meeting according to the BBC. I think if Owen does come, then we can thank Shearer for engineering the deal as it seems from what he's said, that he has spent a lot of time negotiating with Owen to come to us. He's obviously talked through the experiences he's had while he's been here, told him that he'll be the next manager and that there are some cracking golf courses in the area where he can while away the hours. The fact that we're desperate for a forward and that there is a void for every first team game which needs filling will also no doubt add to the pull factor.

It seems that everyone with some say at the club has been at this meeting according to the BBC. I think if Owen does come, then we can thank Shearer for engineering the deal as it seems from what he's said, that he has spent a lot of time negotiating with Owen to come to us. He's obviously talked through the experiences he's had while he's been here, told him that he'll be the next manager and that there are some cracking golf courses in the area where he can while away the hours. The fact that we're desperate for a forward and that there is a void for every first team game which needs filling will also no doubt add to the pull factor.

21796[/snapback]

What? There's no way he'd say that.

21796[/snapback]

What? There's no way he'd say that.

21800[/snapback]

Not sure, but didnt Souness hint at that a couple of weeks ago. Maybe FS and GS have sat down and said that he (Shearer) will be taking over from Souness once he has all the badges. I could see this in 1/2 years, but the lack of experience would be a concern, although Pearce at Man City has done it no problem.

I'm hearing that Liverpool have pulled out the deal, that a statement could be issued soon where they say they have no desire to sign Michael Owen. Could be bull but I'm not ruling it out.

21817[/snapback]

Who told you that?

I'm hearing that Liverpool have pulled out the deal, that a statement could be issued soon where they say they have no desire to sign Michael Owen. Could be bull but I'm not ruling it out.

21817[/snapback]

source HTT? :D