*OWEN ARRIVES IN NEWCASTLE FOR TALKS**

Optimistic Nut

Marseille chairman says he's hopefull of getting Cisse. That would get Liverpool around £6m.

Real still owe Liverpool around £4m for the Owen deal.

That leaves Liverpool to find around £7m - the price of Crouch!!! :D

Whatever happens, this has not just been a publicity stunt by FFS, so all those who immediately criticised him should slap their wrists. :D

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure, but didnt Souness hint at that a couple of weeks ago. Maybe FS and GS have sat down and said that he (Shearer) will be taking over from Souness once he has all the badges. I could see this in 1/2 years, but the lack of experience would be a concern, although Pearce at Man City has done it no problem.

21813[/snapback]

pearce has spent a few years as a coach though, preparing for management. he didnt go straight from playing to managing. though people forget he did manage forest for awhile back in the mid nineties.

I'm hearing that Liverpool have pulled out the deal, that a statement could be issued soon where they say they have no desire to sign Michael Owen. Could be bull but I'm not ruling it out.

21817[/snapback]

:D:D My source never told me that!!

*goes to phone 'club insider'*

Whatever happens, this has not just been a publicity stunt by FFS, so all those who immediately criticised him should slap their wrists. :D

21822[/snapback]

I still question spending 18 million on one player when our squad is still lacking quite a few players.

21822[/snapback]

I still question spending 18 million on one player when our squad is still lacking quite a few players.

21830[/snapback]

players of Michael Owen's ability who are even considering joining us don't become available all too often

21822[/snapback]

21830[/snapback]

aye.

I reckon behind closed doors the foundations are already being put in place for Shearer to take over. The fact that he was at the meeting, is in a coaching role, has 1 season left all hints that this might be the situation. It doesnt have to be ideal for any of us fans - it ties in nicely with FFs decision to have a Geordie manager at the helm. If this is the case, then i hope to god that he is semi successful because anything less would result in his god like status being removed.

I reckon behind closed doors the foundations are already being put in place for Shearer to take over. The fact that he was at the meeting, is in a coaching role, has 1 season left all hints that this might be the situation. It doesnt have to be ideal for any of us fans - it ties in nicely with FFs decision to have a Geordie manager at the helm. If this is the case, then i hope to god that he is semi successful because anything less would result in his god like status being removed.

21833[/snapback]

Only people without a brain consider him a "god"

To me he is just a journeyman centre-forward who couldn't hit a cows arse with a handful of rice.

21822[/snapback]

21830[/snapback]

aye.

21832[/snapback]

"There's no pleasing some people"

"That's just what Jesus said sir!"

21833[/snapback]

Not to mention Scott Parker said Shearer had a big say in discussions between him and the club :D

im sorry but in my opinion and thousands of others, the guy is a living football legend. Despite not winning anything, he's given this club the best years of his career - and we've certainly seen repayment on the £15 million we paid.

Is this a Whooooosh Sima?

im sorry but in my opinion and thousands of others, the guy is a living football legend. Despite not winning anything, he's given this club the best years of his career - and we've certainly seen repayment on the £15 million we paid.

Is this a Whooooosh Sima?

21845[/snapback]

No, no doubting what he has done for us in the past but by staying on more and more fans are starting to lose respect for him.

I'm hearing that Liverpool have pulled out the deal, that a statement could be issued soon where they say they have no desire to sign Michael Owen. Could be bull but I'm not ruling it out.

21817[/snapback]

source HTT? :D

21819[/snapback]

A Liverpool supporting mate who kind of works in the media. Like I said could be bull, I'm just trying to stay up to date at that end and at our end but he could be winding me up.

Or I could be making it out as if I know something.

Just incase DotBum is reading :D

Either way, it seems strange Owen meeting up, spending hours discussing "things", especially for a player who doesn't want to play for us. Is this not the second meeting now?

Didn't Souness confirm just the other day that FS has met with Owen and his advisers?

Maybe the footage on Sky is from that supposed meeting :(

21845[/snapback]

Definately, but he's taking more than he's giving these days which will only damage his reputation. He would have retired if Souness hadn't begged him to hang on, and his body language suggests he's regretted it since the moment it was announced.

Newcastle Airport is one of the dullest places in the world, it hasn't even got a bar ffs :D

21789[/snapback]

Somehow I dont reckon that Shearer, Fat Fred, Souness and co would be sitting in the bar waiting for the 9.24 from Madrid. When they're getting players in like this, they bring em in the back way through a company called Samson Aviation. You want to see them leave then hang around next to the old Aero club and watch the little private jets from there.

Newcastle Airport is one of the dullest places in the world, it hasn't even got a bar ffs :D

21789[/snapback]

Somehow I dont reckon that Shearer, Fat Fred, Souness and co would be sitting in the bar waiting for the 9.24 from Madrid. When they're getting players in like this, they bring em in the back way through a company called Samson Aviation. You want to see them leave then hang around next to the old Aero club and watch the little private jets from there.

21858[/snapback]

I don't think his post was entirely serious dude.