Official Match thread: Fulham Vs Newcastle United

Jimbo

For their second goal,Carr was in the left back position when he got skinned?,it's not just a left back needed but most of the current squad needs to be shipped out,a total mish mash of individual and not team players.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I congratulate our caution shown in the transfer market.

Not getting a left-back in was the worst possible thing to do. That, and letting Stephen "form of his life" Carr go anywhere near a fooball pitch.

not denying we could do with a left back, but why do you think a left back would have prevented Fulham putting pressure on us and dictating the pace of the game ?

Decent midfielders would do that job. NOT the strikers, as you seem to think.

I've posted this question to you hundreds of times, so I know you'll avoid it this time:

Why do the top teams rely on their defenders so much, when you seem to think that it's the strikers which are the important players when it comes to stopping the other team scoring. How come NONE of the top teams have strikers capable of keeping cleansheets? How come Chelsea rely on John Terry, rather than just telling Drogba to keep the ball in the corner?

Watch Arsenal play - their defence is under more pressure than ours, yet they conceed less goals. Why? Is that down to Henry, or maybe down to having good defenders?

Well suprise surprise... once again when Roeder's hand is not forced by injuries/suspensions etc and he has to make decisions himself, it all goes tits up.

Nice one. Onyewu seemed to do okay, just put in a decent shift... kind of refreshing in a way :blink:

I just want him and Taylor to be the central pairing in defense until the end of the season. Seems like the totally obvious way to go....

Sad but true. As soon as Roeder had the choice of defenders to pick, he compeltely and utterly fucked it up, which is extremely worrying.

I wouldn't play Carr at RB in the championship, the idea of pickign him at LB is a work of insanity!

Knee Jeck Tastic some of you lot like

Agreed, ask any Fulham fan if they would swap their last decade of football for ours.

Some of you whippersnappers don't even know how good you've got it. :blink:

Knee Jeck Tastic some of you lot like

Agreed, ask any Fulham fan if they would swap their last decade of football for ours.

Some of you whippersnappers don't even know how good you've got it. :angry:

:blink::P

How is that in any way relevant? [/anti whoosh shield]

The fact remains, Roeder had decisions to make today, and once again, as has been the case many times this season, he clearly got them all wrong.

Well suprise surprise... once again when Roeder's hand is not forced by injuries/suspensions etc and he has to make decisions himself, it all goes tits up.

Nice one. Onyewu seemed to do okay, just put in a decent shift... kind of refreshing in a way :blink:

I just want him and Taylor to be the central pairing in defense until the end of the season. Seems like the totally obvious way to go....

Sad but true. As soon as Roeder had the choice of defenders to pick, he compeltely and utterly fucked it up, which is extremely worrying.

I wouldn't play Carr at RB in the championship, the idea of pickign him at LB is a work of insanity!

I wouldn't play Carr in the toontastic 5 a side team.

It appears that, like managers before him, Roeder has his favourites who will always get a game. Our best results have come when he has been forced to make decisions he otherwise wouldn't have done.

I wouldn't play Carr in the toontastic 5 a side team.

It appears that, like managers before him, Roeder has his favourites who will always get a game. Our best results have come when he has been forced to make decisions he otherwise wouldn't have done.

He might get on the bench for the TT team!

Its something i've never understood with football managers and favourites. When everybody (and i mean everybody!) can see one player (or maybe several) are better than the one they keep pickng, you can only be left with 1 of 2 options. Either, they also know the player they're picking is worse and yet do it deliberately, or they can't see the player is worse, in which case they must be blind!

I mean its their job on the line, so you have to believe they are genuinely doing what they think is best to get the results, but you end up thinking, how the hell can they think thats whats best!

Just got back from London to see the match.

Arguably better in the first-half, but we were awful since. Two ridiculously soft goals, aided brilliantly from our favourite defenders Stephen and Titus. Left the ground early also as we didn't want to wait ages to leave, so we missed Oba's goal too. How miserable.

Oh and Fulham fans are terrible.

What was the new lad like, mate?

I was there too mate. He was ok, very steady.

I kept a close eye on him throughout so can say with confidence that he seems to be a talker after he had a go at Parker (who needs to decide whether he's an attacking midfielder OR a defensive midfielder - he was fucking awful) and talked to the other defenders alot.

His distribution was reasonable. The one thing that I would say though is that his timing didn't look bang on in that he would commit to a tackle/header before he needed to.

For such a big fella he was beaten in the air more than you might think. Having said that he was up against a very good Forward in McBride.

Also, for what it's worth, Titus didn't have that bad of a game. Puts tin hat on.

What was the new lad like, mate?

Very promising debut I thought. It's not easy playing your first game in a back four with clowns like Bramble and Carr. Started off a bit nervy and his distribution wasn't too good, but he played well despite that I thought - seemed to win everything, despite being up against two big strong forward who are excellent in the air. No mistakes so I guess that means I good performance for a Toon player. :blink: Edited by TheInspiration

Managed to see the 2nd. half via Live-footy and wished I hadn't.

The commentary was in a foreign tongue but you didn't need to hear how bad Newcassel was cos you could see it with sore eyes!

The defence was like a sieve with enlarged holes and Carr was the biggest hole.

The ball must have been in their half of the field for about 10 minutes of the allotted 45.

The mid-field? not sure there was one out there judging by the amount of posession Fulham had.

And the attacks launched against the Londoners were as frequent and successful as an Italian tank brigade who had their vehicles fitted with back-up lights.

Newcastle's performence in the 2nd.half rated on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being bad, I rated Newcastle as a 20+.

One of the worst displays I have ever seen.

OH! and to start Taylor at right-back and leave Solano on the bench until the last 5 minutes was a diabolicol decision by Roeder.

The commentary was in a foreign tongue but you didn't need to hear how bad Newcassel was cos you could see it with sore eyes!

The ball must have been in their half of the field for about 10 minutes of the allotted 45.

The mid-field? not sure there was one out there judging by the amount of posession Fulham had.

And the attacks launched against the Londoners were as frequent and successful as an Italian tank brigade who had their vehicles fitted with back-up lights.

Newcastle's performence in the 2nd.half rated on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being bad, I rated Newcastle as a 20+.

OH! and to start Taylor at right-back and leave Solano on the bench until the last 5 minutes was a diabolicol decision by Roeder.

Thats where you're wrong. To pick Stephen Carr over Solano was idiotic.

....and yet on various boards across the land once things have settled people will again say, "He's doing an alright job"...etc.

GR has to go this summer or the 3 year recovery will turn into a 5 year one.

NO NO, that's not where I'm wrong, he didn't pick Carr over Solano, Carr was picked to play left-back and that didn't put Nobby on the bench. Taylor playing right-back did.

NO NO, that's not where I'm wrong, he didn't pick Carr over Solano, Carr was picked to play left-back and that didn't put Nobby on the bench. Taylor playing right-back did.

Sorry, maybe you didn't grasp what I was getting at. Stick Taylor at LB, and Solano at RB, and sack Carr.

.cock

Glenn: Not Good Enough

By Craig Hope

GLENN Roeder has expressed his disappointment at a performance which he says was way below the standards set by Newcastle United after the 2-1 defeat at Fulham.

The United boss could only watch in despair as his half-time teamtalk went up in smoke within minutes of the restart, a short backpass by Nicky Butt seized upon by Heidur Helguson and lifted above and beyond a helpless Steve Harper.

It was United's first Premiership defeat of 2007 and Roeder told nufc.co.uk: "We set our standards higher than that. It was a flat performance and I'm very disappointed.

"Maybe we shaded the first-half and had a couple of chances, and at half-time we said keep it tight and make sure we don't make a bad start.

"But that plan went up in smoke within a couple of minutes when we conceded a poor goal.

"And, I have to say, we found it difficult to pick ourselves up after that."

The Cottagers doubled their advantage in the 73rd minute, Papa Boupa Diop showing strength and skill to get the better of first Scott Parker and then Stephen Carr, before pulling back for Brian McBride to convert from close range.

Roeder added: "Stephen Carr was very disappointed to get out-muscled for the second goal, but there can't be many more powerful players in the Premiership than Boupa Diop.

"We put an awful lot of effort into the win against Villa on Wednesday night and maybe that caught us out a little bit.

"But we have to pick ourselves up and regroup before the Liverpool game at St.James' next Saturday."

Oba Martins scored his 11th goal of the season in the 93rd minute, but it turned out to be little more than a consolation on a disappointing afternoon in West London.