Time for action is now

Kevin Carr's Gloves

The time to get rid of Souness is Thursday morning (not exactly now I know). On Thursday the window is shut no more players moving anywhere. We then have the weekend off and a week and 3 days of the caretaker manager to organise the team how he wants. It also gives FF time to organise a replacement for a*seface (apologies Preacher mag fans). However if i had been in charge I would be doing that now (actually if i was in charge we wouldnt have got the useless get in the first place). Souness couldnt manage a bus route on Arran never mind a premiership team. I still don't understand how anyone can back him.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The time to get rid of Souness is Thursday morning (not exactly now I know). On Thursday the window is shut no more players moving anywhere. We then have the weekend off and a week and 3 days of the caretaker manager to organise the team how he wants. It also gives FF time to organise a replacement for a*seface (apologies Preacher mag fans). However if i had been in charge I would be doing that now (actually if i was in charge we wouldnt have got the useless get in the first place). Souness couldnt manage a bus route on Arran never mind a premiership team. I still don't understand how anyone can back him.

21126[/snapback]

It take it you didn't see our great performance against the mighty ManU then. :)

He's doing a great job. :blink:

21126[/snapback]

Who WOULD you have got after SBR?

21126[/snapback]

The caretaker manager? ahh so that would be Roeder...or Terry Mac....or Saunders...*shudders

Yawn, same old crap.

21128[/snapback]

Thats the problem - its same old crap, all right - but from the manager and powers that be at Newcastle.

If you're happy at how things are, fine. Doesnt say much for your awareness, but fine.

The rest of us however want action before this bastard takes away Sunderland record low amount of premiership points in taking us down despite spending vast amounts.

21134[/snapback]

How about Hirtzfeld ? He was available - but Shepherd wanted a "British" manager.

And what a wonderful job he's done, eh ? Sold our better players on the cheap and is willing to pay DOUBLE the going rate to patch up the gaps.

Fabulous.

21134[/snapback]

How about Hirtzfeld ? He was available - but Shepherd wanted a "British" manager.

And what a wonderful job he's done, eh ? Sold our better players on the cheap and is willing to pay DOUBLE the going rate to patch up the gaps.

Fabulous.

21144[/snapback]

The Hitzfeld that turned down Real Madrid because he wanted some time away from football? Never gonna happen.

21134[/snapback]

Fabulous.

21144[/snapback]

Hitzfeld wasn't available. He was taking a year out. He turned down the Germany job. Fat Fred may have only have been looking for Brirish managers but Hitzfeld was a non starter. There was a tenuous link on .com about someone seeing him on a plane and that was it. Not even a mention in the German press.

Edit: Doesn't matter, Gemmill has already made the point.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Souness is one bad game from the sack and if's not Fulham, then it'll probably be Blackburn.

21148[/snapback]

Agreed, he's got the international break to regroup, another loss at Fulham would, and should, seal his fate.

Souness is one bad game from the sack and if's not Fulham, then it'll probably be Blackburn.

21148[/snapback]

Agree. If he loses a match in the next 6 games, he'll be out.

If he wins all 6 however, we're right up the table and then see what happens.

21154[/snapback]

Aye, we're 3 points off 9th place. Although to be fair the 3 points looks even further away than 9th place at the minute.

Hitzfeld wasn't available. He was taking a year out. He turned down the Germany job. Fat Fred may have only have been looking for Brirish managers but Hitzfeld was a non starter. There was a tenuous link on .com about someone seeing him on a plane and that was it. Not even a mention in the German press.

21151[/snapback]

Regardless. Bottom line is Shepherd brought this bloke in, and 95% of us were anything but happy about it. He is even worse than we were all expecting him to be too. FAR worse. Shepherd then MUST take the blame.

Yawn, same old crap.

21128[/snapback]

Thats the problem - its same old crap, all right - but from the manager and powers that be at Newcastle.

If you're happy at how things are, fine. Doesnt say much for your awareness, but fine.

The rest of us however want action before this bastard takes away Sunderland record low amount of premiership points in taking us down despite spending vast amounts.

21142[/snapback]

No I'm not happy you fool, so what do we do start a sack the board chant or post. Nothing will happen, Sack the board?? Shep owns a massive part of this club so he won't walk away and as for the manager I'm sticking by him. No point in sacking another one. So you do what you want.

The Hitzfeld that turned down Real Madrid because he wanted some time away from football?  Never gonna happen.

21145[/snapback]

If you don't try you don't get.

21149[/snapback]

The fans had lost faith in SBR.

His results were terrible at the start of a new season....do you see where I'm going with this?

Then to appease the fans they sacked him and realised, oh shit, no good manager is going to come in the MIDDLE OF A SEASON. It looks disorganised.

So O'Leary, Bruce, McClaren, et al turn us down and we END UP WITH SOUNESS.

In order to look like a club that even half knows what it's doing, a club should ride storms and regroup in the summers.

SACKING SOUNESS NOW would just start the whole fucking sorry sequence again.

The guy has spent big, let him stand and face the music, and if need be REPLACE HIM IN THE SUMMER WITH SOMEONE BETTER!!!

The Hitzfeld that turned down Real Madrid because he wanted some time away from football?  Never gonna happen.

21145[/snapback]

21149[/snapback]

Spot on. We should not bother with the likes of Souness, who has lived off winning the poxy Scottish title for all his managerial career. [no offence intended Scottish Mag!].

21145[/snapback]

21149[/snapback]

The fans had lost faith in SBR.

His results were terrible at the start of a new season....do you see where I'm going with this?

Then to appease the fans they sacked him and realised, oh shit, no good manager is going to come in the MIDDLE OF A SEASON. It looks disorganised.

So O'Leary, Bruce, McClaren, et al turn us down and we END UP WITH SOUNESS.

In order to look like a club that even half knows what it's doing, a club should ride storms and regroup in the summers.

SACKING SOUNESS NOW would just start the whole fucking sorry sequence again.

The guy has spent big, let him stand and face the music, and if need be REPLACE HIM IN THE SUMMER WITH SOMEONE BETTER!!!

21166[/snapback]

yes, it wouldn't then be such a big step for a lower league manager to a championship club

21166[/snapback]

If Souness is allowed to continue making an ever greater mockery of us the only place we'll be "regrouping" is down in the "Championship/Division One/Division Two" whatever stupid name they come up with next. Because this bloke will take us down, make no mistake about that. It may have missed your notice, but NO goals scored, and ONE point against a just promoted team with 10 men. Yeah. Regroup ?

21145[/snapback]

21149[/snapback]

Spot on. We should not bother with the likes of Souness, who has lived off winning the poxy Scottish title for all his managerial career. [no offence intended Scottish Mag!].

21168[/snapback]

Why would i be offended? I agree... :blink:

The chairman wastes his tiem chasing "superstar" players, yet settles for a mediocre manager. I am still sceptical as to why Souness ever got the job in the first place. I do not believe he was the only one interested or that he was here for discipline reasons..

Sacking another manager at around the same time in successive seasons is not going to make us attractive to ANY manager, let alone the good ones. We'll be left in a situation where we have to make another rash appointment (similar to the one where Souness got the job). And before anyone says "Anything's better than Souness"....maybe, maybe not, but "anything" is hardly the long term plan that we're all hoping for, is it?