Betfair- The lads with patience.

Pegasus Bridge

FFS I wasted my 1000th post on this MONG :lol:

The fact you've had 1000 posts, in the short space of time you've been here, clearly states you're a sad fucker.

Everyone hates you, your a filthy student, and you can't get a woman.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, you are limited by liquidity, so put those millionaire dreams away.

Interestingly, on the 'total goals' market, nearly all the liquidity is on '1 goal or more' which suggests that you are in good number in making these bets, while there are just as many people willing to take you on at such short odds. There's about £100k sitting either side of the fence on the Liverpool-Everton game for example.

Guest stevieintoon

FFS I wasted my 1000th post on this MONG :blink:

The fact you've had 1000 posts, in the short space of time you've been here, clearly states you're a sad fucker.

Everyone hates you, your a filthy student, and you can't get a woman.

It's incredibly difficult to argue with anything you have mentioned there, but you have to realise there's at least a 40% chance the lad is ginger. He supports Rangers anyway reading between the lines.

With regards to this scheme, as a veteran gambler who has had his hands burned and actually singed off, what a good scheme it is. My only concern would be Betfair's 5% commisson. Explain this so I understand. If put £1,000 on Red Dippers 0 Scouse Mackems 0 not happenning and it was 2-1 or whatever today at odds of 1.09, I'd get £1,090 back, but with betfairs 5% levy, does that mean I'd actually only walk away with £1,040?

Edited by stevieintoon

aaaaaaah the old pyramid bet!!!!!

for a start you have forgotten that every time you make a bet 10% is taken in betting tax - which may only be 10p on a quid but it really impacts the return in the long run

Secondly you are assuming that those kind bookmakers aren't going to withdraw that sort of bet or change the rules - once they see someone (you) putting several hundred or thousand quid on that bet do you really think the odds will stay the same?

Suppose they suddenly say in the small print that say abandoned match will be deemed to be 0-0???

No-one beats the bookies ESPECIALLY in the long run

Guest stevieintoon

for a start you have forgotten that every time you make a bet 10% is taken in betting tax - which may only be 10p on a quid but it really impacts the return in the long run

Secondly you are assuming that those kind bookmakers aren't going to withdraw that sort of bet or change the rules - once they see someone (you) putting several hundred or thousand quid on that bet do you really think the odds will stay the same?

Suppose they suddenly say in the small print that say abandoned match will be deemed to be 0-0???

No disrespect Rob and I know you're old, but we're living in 2007 now not 1987. There's no such thing as betting tax now, it was abolished half a decade ago.

It's lucky Betfair isn't a bookie, just somewhere for other mugs who won't notice any betting pattern to lay the bets you want to place.

And doubly lucky they only take 5% of your winnings as commission rather than 10%.

To be fair it is a daft bet.

Who wants to risk a tenner for 70p?

Who wants to risk a hundred grand for £7000?

Might as well spend the money in your pocket.

I do an accumulator (which is basically what you're advocating) for the dead certs every week and they rareley pay out. Anyone putting more than a tenner on a 34 game accumulator wants their head read. The booky loves you more than any other customers.

EDIT: Good luck with it though, hope you don't come a cropper and blow £45K or owt daft. As if you'd even have the balls to place it. :blink:

Edited by Happy Face

If you look in the Betfair forum under soccer there is a huge thread where people have tried this before.

EDIT - The thread is called £20-£10000 1+goal challenge

Edited by Baggio

Rob, have ever been on Betfair?

Loved the betting tax comment though.....

you dont pay commision when you back something on betfair

You do though don't you though?

When you win.

Hope you dont put too much money on, themags, HF is correct- most markets are 5% commission on winnings, asian handicap markets are 1%.

When you win.

Hope you dont put too much money on, themags, HF is correct- most markets are 5% commission on winnings, asian handicap markets are 1%.

Obviously doesn't get many winners. :blink:

When you win.

Obviously doesn't get many winners. :blink:

i dont get many winners, i'm gonna log in and check :P

Large Bollock dropped on Bet Fair - i am malu..................... :blink::P:angry::up::blush:

But its even worse if you have to find a matching bet - either you have to do your larger bets in one go - in which case who will take them ; or hundreds of small bets - and how many people have the appetite for this sort of deal?

Edited by Rob W

Despite my doubts on this kind of bet making any money long term, I think it's worth £20 to see how many games I can go as a bit of fun.

Game 1 - Tottenham v Man U - £20 @ 1.07 = £21.40

Hopefully I'll go further than Walliver. :blink: