38 year old Serie A police officer killed!

@yourservice

Should have their world title stripped. Which they shouldn'y have been allowed to compete for in the first place IMHO.

Why?

because their league was proved to be fraudulent and fixed.

The clubs involved were punished though. And to strip them of the World Cup win because of the actions of some fans would be grossly unfair too. Security and policing at Italian legaue matches needs to be seriously looked at though. Ultras control some of the gates into the grounds at places like the Stadio Olympico ffs!

Should have their world title stripped. Which they shouldn'y have been allowed to compete for in the first place IMHO.

Why?

The clubs involved were punished though. And to strip them of the World Cup win because of the actions of some fans would be grossly unfair too. Security and policing at Italian legaue matches needs to be seriously looked at though. Ultras control some of the gates into the grounds at places like the Stadio Olympico ffs!

If all the clubs involved were really punished I will eat my jeans. To have the same political influence in football that Italy does while at the same time Greece was threatened with international suspension because of it shows the hypocrisy that is at the heart of FIFA and UEFA.

Why?

If all the clubs involved were really punished I will eat my jeans. To have the same political influence in football that Italy does while at the same time Greece was threatened with international suspension because of it shows the hypocrisy that is at the heart of FIFA and UEFA.

So what, they punished the really big clubs and let the lesser ones off? Righto. The Greek issue was a completely different one too.

Why?

So what, they punished the really big clubs and let the lesser ones off? Righto. The Greek issue was a completely different one too.

Political interference is political interference. I have nothing against the Italian league but neither am I a huge fan. They have not been treated like a smaller nation would have been treated. The racism in the game is swept under the table. FIFA never mentioned there crowd trouble when warning others about it. I just think they should have been properly brought to brook for the way their league is run.

Why?

Political interference is political interference. I have nothing against the Italian league but neither am I a huge fan. They have not been treated like a smaller nation would have been treated. The racism in the game is swept under the table. FIFA never mentioned there crowd trouble when warning others about it. I just think they should have been properly brought to brook for the way their league is run.

What political interference?

The way they police football is very confrontational almost as if they want trouble. England fans have a bad reputation, but i still remember when we got a 0-0 draw over there and some trouble kicked off the tv pictures showed England fans backing away in the stands and the police running forward and smacking anything that moveed.

When we played Milan over there, a flare was chucked down on the Newcastle fans, the police response was to baton charge the Newcastle fans to clear an area...

Why?

You saying Burlesconi never interefered.

Why?

I thought you meant the recent calling off of the football matches. There's no evidence of what you claim though, is there? Difficult to act without that. The Greek government was trying to pass a law which threatened the independence of the Greek FA (according to said FA) btw.

Why?

I thought you meant the recent calling off of the football matches. There's no evidence of what you claim though, is there? Difficult to act without that. The Greek government was trying to pass a law which threatened the independence of the Greek FA (according to said FA) btw.

Ok I will concede that point. I still believe that they shouldn't have been allowed at the world cup. IMO the whole of the italian leagues results over the past 10 years have been cast in shadow.

Ok I will concede that point. I still believe that they shouldn't have been allowed at the world cup. IMO the whole of the italian leagues results over the past 10 years have been cast in shadow.

I don't think there's much doubt about how rotten the game is over there. On so many different levels. I suppose it would have been impossible to kick them out though as the hearings were still going on during (and up until just after iirc) the World Cup.

Edited by alex

I don't think there's much doubt about how rotten the game is over there. On so many different levels. I suppose it would have been impossible to kick them out though as the hearings were still going on during (and up until just after iirc) the World Cup.

I agree with the difficulty but it was obvious what was going to happen. Put's Ericsson's successes over there in context though.

I agree with the difficulty but it was obvious what was going to happen. Put's Ericsson's successes over there in context though.

That's a bit unfair I reckon. Although with Lazio he merely bought the league (with the short-term in mind) and left behind an ageing squad and a debt-ridden club.

Nothing will come of it,

prosecutors office looking into it, catonia chairman resigning, Italian football postponed indefinitely

aye nothing tbh.

Imagine the trouble if Leeds fans were prevented from entering Cardiff until the second half?

:o

Leeds fans were banned from travelling to Cardiff last season and vica versa.