Micheal Owen

Invicta_Toon

now, poor wee johnny has been out for 2 years, but has come back with a MOTM star fucking performance

anyone see wee Micky doing the same for his first match back?

[thread inspired after seeing a Micky V Johny mutual we're so unlucky interview a while back]

I'm sure he won't be anything like Johnny on his return, but then i doubt many players of any sport would be able to come back and match Wilkinson's first performance, the guy is a one off!

I reckon Owen will be a decent bet to score on his return to be honest, providing he's on the pitch for a decent length of time.

I seem to be alone in thinking Owen will come back and prove himself to be one of the best strikers in the league, i can't wait for him and Oba to get a partnership going. Let's just hope Roeder has figured out how to buy defenders by then.

I seem to be alone in thinking Owen will come back and prove himself to be one of the best strikers in the league, i can't wait for him and Oba to get a partnership going. Let's just hope Roeder has figured out how to buy defenders by then.

I agree with you, apart from the partnership thing. Can't see them working together at all.

Maybe Martins will improve when he starts watching Owen though.

Owen, haha sorry every time I hear his name I just laugh at what you paid, makes me feel good also.

Despite the fact you were no doubt whining at how we could so nastily prize your Micky O from your hands. After all Liverpool are special and one of the big four.

I agree with you, apart from the partnership thing. Can't see them working together at all.

I couldn't at first, but thinking beyond the ideal of a little and large, Bellamy and Shearer type partnership; i can see it working well. Owen will sit on the shoulder of the last defender, making runs in behind; whereas Martins, despite his pace, tends to come deep more often and regularly picks the ball up around the halfway line. The important thing is they're both intelligent football-wise, so it can work, let's hope they're both here and fit to see if it does.

Edited by Nate