Letter Bomb in London

Craig

Just had word to our switchboard that a letter bomb has exploded in London.

Not heard anything on the news wires yet but as we have loads of offices in the city, I'm not surprised we've heard about it quickly...

A woman has received minor injuries in a "small" explosion at an office building in central London.

BBC Home Affairs correspondent Daniel Sandford said what was thought to be a letter bomb was found at the Capita building in Victoria Street, Victoria.

London Ambulance said a female employee had been taken to hospital for treatment to her injuries.

Bomb disposal experts were at the scene and Scotland Yard's anti-terrorism command was investigating.

The scene is just 200 yards from Scotland Yard's headquarters. The Capita building remains closed off, but a cordon on Victoria Street has now been lifted.

Chief Supt Ian Thomas, of the Metropolitan Police, speaking at the scene, said: "At about 9.40am emergency services were called to the offices behind us following reports of a small explosion.

"We are still investigating the cause of that explosion and the Met Counter Terrorism Command are looking at all the issues involved.

"One female employee was injured and taken to a local hospital and while this is a very traumatic incident for her, her injuries are fairly minor."

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the counter-terrorism group was leading the inquiry "as a matter of procedure for an incident involving an explosion of this nature".

The Capita Group is a leading business out-sourcing company which runs London's congestion charge system among other services.

All six floors of the office were evacuated.

A spokesman for the company said: "Capita can confirm that a small incident took place at its Victoria street office this morning involving an incendiary device.

"The police have asked us to make no further comment at this time as their investigation is proceeding."

Ben Hetchin, an eye-witness, said: "At first we thought, presumed, it was a fire alert, as we often get, but then a woman was led out with her hands bandaged like a boxing glove, totally covered.

"She looked shocked and shaken, nervous. They then ushered us away behind the police cordon and two firemen said that it was a letter bomb on Victoria Street."

The location of the blast is less than a mile from the Houses of Parliament, Victoria Station and Westminster Abbey.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6331427.stm

Because she only had minor hand injuries??

A bomb is a bomb tbh

It doesn't count. I want to see limbs flying and a good spatter pattern tbh. :o

You're quite right, factually it is still a bomb.

A bomb is a bomb tbh

It doesn't count. I want to see limbs flying and a good spatter pattern tbh. ;)

Sounds more like a big cracker to me tbh. Envelope full of devil bangers (by the way, how charvers get so much entertainment out of these is beyond me. Throw it at the floor....*bang*...Ooooo. AGAIN! AGAIN! :lol: )

Aimed at the company responsible for congestion charges, could be some disgruntled commuter...

the outfit bombed today had some dodgy business dealing in the Channel Islands - maybe Capita were also involved as well

Aimed at the company responsible for congestion charges, could be some disgruntled commuter...

the outfit bombed today had some dodgy business dealing in the Channel Islands - maybe Capita were also involved as well

Is this what they call 'direct action'? ;)

A bomb is a bomb tbh

It doesn't count. I want to see limbs flying and a good spatter pattern tbh. ;)

Sounds more like a big cracker to me tbh. Envelope full of devil bangers (by the way, how charvers get so much entertainment out of these is beyond me. Throw it at the floor....*bang*...Ooooo. AGAIN! AGAIN! :lol: )

Part of our GCSE Geography field study was to take account of how many pedestrians were walking into and out of Hexham town centre over a 2 hour period.

Got bored shitless after 10 minutes so we simply multiplied the numbers by 12, went to the joke shop bought some devil bangers and started throwing them on the pavement to see who'd jump the most.

The pathetic shit you get up to when you're 15 :lol: