Dyer/Emre Injuries

Guest Sima

I'm sure after the match somebody said Emre had torn his hamstring, that sounds like 4-6 weeks for sure.

For rushing those two back to cover for his own cockup in leaving us with an inadequate squad Souness should pay their wages for every game they miss.

4-6 weeks?

Well he was going to be out for 6 originally.

Owt about Dyer?

21558[/snapback]

I think they were saying he wasn't really over this problem that has been hanging around since he got injured towards the end of last season. So i'm worried it could either be a good long lay off to make sure he is 150% right or it could be in and out alls eason with him never being at his best in the games he does play.

Yeah,mate told me that Dyer is out for the rest of the season aswell.

21584[/snapback]

I'd imagine he's just guessing like the rest of us - tbh I'm not even convinced that the people who are supposed to be dealing with his injury know exactly what the problem is, or how long it'll take to recover.

It's a complete shambles.

Any news on the length of time these 2 are going to be out due to Souness's carelessness?

21551[/snapback]

Why is it Souness' fault? He takes advice from so called expert medical staff on their condition. The physios tell him the players in question pass a fitness test. He puts them in the team.

If they then break down in 20 minutes surely Souness has been fed duff information?

The medical staff at this club are shit. Not up to modern-day professional sport with highly paid, highly tuned athletes.

I'd sack them all. Club doctors, medical staff, physios, fitness coaches, masseurs. Clear them all out and bring in top quality people with up to date methods who are up to the task. It'll cost a bit more but its the only way you'll cure the problem of muscle injuries that has blighted this club for the last few years.

It was well known that these players had long term injuries. All of a sudden last Thursday they were back in training.

Any manager with a modicum of sense would not have played them. Like someone said before he has put himself into this posistion by decimating a thin squad and not bringing the replacements in.

It was well known that these players had long term injuries.  All of a sudden last Thursday they were back in training.

Any manager with a modicum of sense would not have played them.  Like someone said before he has put himself into this posistion by decimating a thin squad and not bringing the replacements in.

22023[/snapback]

Theres also the fact that Alan Murray in the chronicle has admitted in his own words that Souness took a "calculated gamble" that didn't come off. This means they knew there was a chance they would breakdown but played them anyway.