Owen-Martins and Dyer.

Park Life

So, did this work on Football Manager then Parky? ;)

........I know I'm kinda losing track on what I'm trying to say...I'm sure I had it a few minutes ago! :lol:

But I would play all three of the buggers and as insurance have two 'propa' DM's.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So, did this work on Football Manager then Parky? ;)

........I know I'm kinda losing track on what I'm trying to say...I'm sure I had it a few minutes ago! :lol:

But I would play all three of the buggers and as insurance have two 'propa' DM's.

Roeder's a rigid 4-4-2 man though, or so it would seem. That's not a dig at your argument, I just don't see him trying 3 up-front (or a variation on that).

Spanish clubs play the best formation, 4-2-3-1 with 2 holding players leaving 4 attack minded players with very little defensive responsibilities.

Doubt it would work with Owen though. ;)

Aye, they often play with two disciplined DM's. As you say though, where would Owen (or indeed Martins) fit into that.

Spanish clubs play the best formation, 4-2-3-1 with 2 holding players leaving 4 attack minded players with very little defensive responsibilities.

That's exactly it Baggio. 4231.

Well then why not have Martins further forward than Owen. Or is that tearing up the handbook?

We'd have to play 3-4-1-2/4-3-1-2 imo, if you're playing those three. And even then, I think you'd struggle away from home in the PL without a target man-type player.

---------------MARTINS----OWEN------------------

------------------------DYER------------------------

---------------EMRE------------PARKER------------

--DUFF-----------------------------------SOLANO--

---------EDGAR----GOOCH----TAYLOR------------

----------------------GIVEN--------------------------

I'll give Papa L. 10 Minutes...

Aye, they often play with two disciplined DM's. As you say though, where would Owen (or indeed Martins) fit into that.

Martins could play out on the left or through the middle, he's the same type of player as Eto'o and he often cuts in from the left for Barcelona.

At home this is def worth ago against average sides. But not sure unless they are Italian or Dutch CD's really know how to play 3 at the back.

Well then why not have Martins further forward than Owen. Or is that tearing up the handbook?

Apart from scoring goals Owen offers little else in the way of team play, he would be ineffective out wide.

Martins could play out on the left or through the middle, he's the same type of player as Eto'o and he often cuts in from the left for Barcelona.

Rijkaard has stuck to this iirc from the word go.

................Eto'o.................

Ronny........Xavi...........Messi

Doubt it would work with Owen though. :lol:

Aye, I think there's little doubt he has the personnel to handle that system though ;)

Apart from scoring goals Owen offers little else in the way of team play, he would be ineffective out wide.

I meant more as the veiled striker as Raul was in his prime 4/5 years ago.

Butt Emre

Milner Dyer N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

This would be ideal although you would lose the creativity of Solano at RB and it's doubtful wether the quality of defenders we possess could play 3 at the back. I suppose Butt misses out.

Milner Dyer Emre N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

Edited by Nate

Eto'o and Ronaldinho often swap positions for large portions of the game, Eto'o spent the majority of the CL final out on the left.

A what?

'In the hole' they call it here luv.

But on the continent the veiled striker rotates with the main striker and has more a less a free role. He is the one player who is expected to know what the most dangrous area for the opp is at anytime. Like Messi and Ronni do......They 'veil'. The act almost disinterested in striking untill you're picking the ball out of the net.

Raul was also very good at it.

Eto'o and Ronaldinho often swap positions for large portions of the game, Eto'o spent the majority of the CL final out on the left.

Personally I thrill at such interchanging and role defying styles.

A what?

'In the hole' they call it here luv.

But on the continent the veiled striker rotates with the main striker and has more a less a free role. He is the one player who is expected to know what the most dangrous area for the opp is at anytime. Like Messi and Ronni do......They 'veil'. The act almost disinterested in striking untill you're picking the ball out of the net.

Raul was also very good at it.

Ah, never heard that phrase before.

Personally I thrill at such interchanging and role defying styles.

;) Me too :lol:

ON ME 'EAD SON!

niqab02gg8.jpg

ON ME 'EAD SON!

niqab02gg8.jpg

Is that Mido? ;)