Damien Duff

Baggio

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surely it's only a matter of time untilk he picks up? we all know he's talented, but if he doesn't improve he can be considered a waste of money.

it could be a case of the same syndrome nicky butt went through when he first joined a smaller club....or the fact that he doesn't have major competition for his place so he doesn't put a proper shift.

On paper a very good player, but not on the field so far. My biggest grudge isn't his signing itself, because I think he will find form again, but the fact that he was a luxury signing as we could have done with using the money for more important positions.

Part of the problem of his poor performances seem to be that he is missing a"partner" in midfield or attack he can play with and therefore is making stupid runs directly into defenders instead. I have noted on a couple of occasions that he runs down the wing looking up and pointing with both hands down to the ball like saying "Look, I have the ball, what shall I do, give me options."

Not that I exempt Duff from criticism so far, but I really think it's also down to the managment not being able to give the team any shape and changing the style of play to the strengths of their better players, something that also applies to the likes of Emre and Martins etc. btw.

Were there some injuries before Moaney got rid of him?

Nothing too serious iirc.

He seems skinnier and unfitter these days. He hasn't been on holiday to Russia or anything has he?

Or Colombia? ;)

Funny thing is I suspect Chelsea tend to burn our certain players...Robben has gone downhill over the last two years or so.

Well if he is going down hill the way he goes down he will roll all the way to the bottom.

I never realised he had asthma.

The worst i have ever seen him play on saturday. Indecisive, poor control and lacking confidence.

In terms of it being too early to say then just look at how Butt has sorted himself out as an example of a player rediscovering lost form.

Waste of money so far though, apart from the goal at West Ham which was vital for 3 points.

The worst i have ever seen him play on saturday. Indecisive, poor control and lacking confidence.

In terms of it being too early to say then just look at how Butt has sorted himself out as an example of a player rediscovering lost form.

Waste of money so far though, apart from the goal at West Ham which was vital for 3 points.

Must have been a culture shock going from the Mourinho legendry match preperation to Glenda's 10 min. nasal whine just before the game starts.

from what i know of him he's always been a dedicate professional that gave his all. i read somewhere that when at chelsea he spent a large part of the day sleeping so that he could be fresh for the next days training.

i think he's massively lacking in confidence which, by defenition makes up a fair bit of his game.

from what i know of him he's always been a dedicate professional that gave his all. i read somewhere that when at chelsea he spent a large part of the day sleeping so that he could be fresh for the next days training.

He sounds like a genius. :lol:

"What you doing this afternoon Damo?"

"Back to bed lads. Get a few hours kip in and that. Begorrah, I'm wrecked."

"Lazy fucker!"

"Nar, it's only so I'm fresh for training tomorrow!? OMG THAT IS SO UNFAIR THE WAY YOU HAVE THIS LOW OPINION OF ME! tbs tbs."

He clearly hasn't performed but I think a major part of it is down to our lack of a leftback.

If you look at the way wingers play a large portion of their performance is linking up with the fullback.

Duff (and N'Zgobia) have no one to link up with as Babayarou (on the rare occassions he fancies a kick about) doesn't bother his arse and the four right footed centrebacks (fucking hell it sounds so ridiculous when you say it) that have played their don't contribute anything going forward.

Because of the leftback issue we also basically keep the ball on the right side of the pitch so consequently whoever plays left wing rarely sees the ball.

Of course you can argue that he should be coming inside looking for the ball and all of this doesn't mean that he should look inept when he does get the ball, and I would agree with that.

But I think the leftback issue must be contributing to his lack of confidence and probably just makes him pissed off most of the game.

I don't forsee Duff or anyone else managing to find form on our left wing until we can get a decent leftback in place tbh.

honestly think we should have sold him in the window... before his stock falls further.

£7million bid from Spurs supposedly. I'd have swapped him for Malbranque.

honestly think we should have sold him in the window... before his stock falls further.

£7million bid from Spurs supposedly. I'd have swapped him for Malbranque.

would have bitten their hands off.

£7m could have bought two decent full backs.

but of course we could have signed one £7m striker... :lol: