Damien Duff

Baggio

surely it's only a matter of time untilk he picks up? we all know he's talented, but if he doesn't improve he can be considered a waste of money.

it could be a case of the same syndrome nicky butt went through when he first joined a smaller club....or the fact that he doesn't have major competition for his place so he doesn't put a proper shift.

I'd say N'Zogbia was major competition tbh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surely it's only a matter of time untilk he picks up? we all know he's talented, but if he doesn't improve he can be considered a waste of money.

it could be a case of the same syndrome nicky butt went through when he first joined a smaller club....or the fact that he doesn't have major competition for his place so he doesn't put a proper shift.

I'd say N'Zogbia was major competition tbh

not exactly the same as competing with cole and robben for a place though is it? when fit, he's guaranteed a start under roder.

Tell you what, he was fucking shit tonight. £60k a week and him and his other overpaid waste of space mates struggled to put san marino away.

I watched that shambles tonight too and yet again Duff was utter cack. How lucky though? 94.40 on the clock when they got that winner.

I think that it's too early to judge and I agree that the left hand troubles aren't just down to him. He seems to be gagging to play the ball in sometimes, but he isn't getting many options, causing him to run on too far and lose possession. His confidence isn't exactly sky high at the moment either. I'm looking forward to getting a decent left back and seeing how he fares with some support behind him.

I think that it's too early to judge and I agree that the left hand troubles aren't just down to him. He seems to be gagging to play the ball in sometimes, but he isn't getting many options, causing him to run on too far and lose possession. His confidence isn't exactly sky high at the moment either. I'm looking forward to getting a decent left back and seeing how he fares with some support behind him.

the worrying thing is we don't seem to be targeting a left back at the moment.

surely theres someone decent that can be loaned to us. a team like man utd must have some good prospects. someone like richardson would do a job?

unfortunately Richardson is on the fringes of the ManU first team so wouldn't want to go out on loan in case he had the chance of a decent run of games through an injury.

The other problem with that, is if we so publically announce that Duff is surplus to requirements we won't get anything close to the fee we paid.

I'd play him sporadically until the summer then sell him to the likes of Blackburn or Everton, we should look to get at least £4m for him.

Tell you what, he was fucking shit tonight. £60k a week and him and his other overpaid waste of space mates struggled to put san marino away.

I watched that shambles tonight too and yet again Duff was utter cack. How lucky though? 94.40 on the clock when they got that winner.

I've seen blind peole with a better eye for goal.

That team had no plan it seemed, Staunton must've just told them to just show up and we'll win. Everything about the FAI stinks, from the top right down to the current manager.

That team had no plan it seemed, Staunton must've just told them to just show up and we'll win. Everything about the FAI stinks, from the top right down to the current manager.

BBC called him a 'livewire' :lol:

Not sure Staunton is up to the job, certainly no more clue how to get the best out of Duff than Roeder.

BBC called him a 'livewire' :lol:

Not sure Staunton is up to the job, certainly no more clue how to get the best out of Duff than Roeder.

Add Duff to every other player Staunton has chosen.

I was surprised to see him on the bench today, Glen usually sticks with his favourites no matter how shit they've been.

me too. good to see glenn dropping an under-peforming 'big name' player.

i can't understand why he sees bramble as an automatic starter though.

Poor again last night, I can't remember him putting one decent ball into the box.

Good that everybody on here has his own agenda regarding certain players. We should split them equally. Dan has Martins, MattM4 has Ameobi, I have Emre, Baggio has Duff, so there are still plenty left...

Poor again last night, I can't remember him putting one decent ball into the box.

Good that everybody on here has his own agenda regarding certain players. We should split them equally. Dan has Martins, MattM4 has Ameobi, I have Emre, Baggio has Duff, so there are still plenty left...

So you think he played well then?

So you think he played well then?

I didn't see it tbh. But from what I picked up at the radio and others said it didn't sound as he was playing particularly bad.

Edited by Isegrim

tbh mate, i don't have an agenda with martins.

i want him to do well.

i'm just not sure he's worth the money we spent on him.

i hope he proves me wrong. i'm willing him to do well.