How Times Have Changed

wykikitoon

I've no sound but it still gives me terrrible nostalgia. Will listen to it tonight.

The first comment is interesting, I really enjoyed the fact that we were everyone's second favourite team, it made away games better and just felt good. Those days are long, long, gone now and will never return. :lol:

What's really seaddening is that we won fuck all in that time and yet we would still give anything to be back there.

I would happily settle for winning fuck all if we had football like that though. I'd prefer to win things too though, obviously.

What's really seaddening is that we won fuck all in that time and yet we would still give anything to be back there.

I would happily settle for winning fuck all if we had football like that though. I'd prefer to win things too though, obviously.

I agree, it was such an exciting time. It just makes our current state all the more sad to me!

I agree, it was such an exciting time. It just makes our current state all the more sad to me!

I'd definitely settle for winning nowt if we could have those sorts of days back again. It was always an absolute pleasure.

I can remember about 1991 when we were really shit going to a game with me Mam, as I did back then. We were walking up the steps from St James Metro and I said something like 'why do we bother?', and my Mam said 'because one day we'll be really good and you'll appreciate it more because we go now.' At the time I never imagined that would ever happen, but it did, and me Mam was right.

If they'd just left alone with that fucking PLC shite, we'd have won something by now.

Or if Dalglish hadn't had meddled. I mean the second half of that season when he came in, we all thought he'd cracked it. Same football, but the defence seemed sturdier as well, and then he goes and does stuff like sell Ferdinand and then Shearer gets injured....... aaggghhh! Drives me nuts that does.

Or if SBR had come when Keegan left and not stayed with Barcelona out of loyalty after they'd shafted him anyway.......

if if if

Or if SBR had come when Keegan left and not stayed with Barcelona out of loyalty after they'd shafted him anyway.......

Without a doubt if he'd come then we would have won something by now, assuming he wasn't sacked for coming fifth anyway.

I'd definitely settle for winning nowt if we could have those sorts of days back again. It was always an absolute pleasure.

I can remember about 1991 when we were really shit going to a game with me Mam, as I did back then. We were walking up the steps from St James Metro and I said something like 'why do we bother?', and my Mam said 'because one day we'll be really good and you'll appreciate it more because we go now.' At the time I never imagined that would ever happen, but it did, and me Mam was right.

If they'd just left alone with that fucking PLC shite, we'd have won something by now.

Or if Dalglish hadn't had meddled. I mean the second half of that season when he came in, we all thought he'd cracked it. Same football, but the defence seemed sturdier as well, and then he goes and does stuff like sell Ferdinand and then Shearer gets injured....... aaggghhh! Drives me nuts that does.

if if if

If only Peter Schmeichel had missed that game.....