'Game's Not All About Craig'

Guest Patrokles

He may be an odious toerag but he always gave 100% when he played and hasn't turned round and slagged the club off in the way that Ginola or Hamann did.

very true. Only Souness [absolutely correctly] and Shearer [which if true smacks of player power which is more to Shearers detriment than Bellamy's IMO, as well as casting serious doubts on Shearers judgement and potential management qualities.

However - I believe that [as I know Shearer didn't actually like Souness very much] that he took the stance he did when defending Souness in public for only one reason. Which was so when the Scottish fuckpig got sacked, he wasn't smeared by the press again for "getting rid of another manager"

He may be an odious toerag but he always gave 100% when he played and hasn't turned round and slagged the club off in the way that Ginola or Hamann did.

very true. Only Souness [absolutely correctly] and Shearer [which if true smacks of player power which is more to Shearers detriment than Bellamy's IMO, as well as casting serious doubts on Shearers judgement and potential management qualities.

However - I believe that [as I know Shearer didn't actually like Souness very much] that he took the stance he did when defending Souness in public for only one reason. Which was so when the Scottish fuckpig got sacked, he wasn't smeared by the press again for "getting rid of another manager"

More made up bollocks to suit your argument.

True. Told me by the same person who told me Shearer was not going to retire, which I posted on Newcastle Online a few weeks before he announced it.

Didn't Bellamy call us "The circus"?

nah that was you :razz:

Nah that was Bellamy :lol:

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...rcus&st=111

seems like he is correctly calling the Scottish fuckpig and his rent boys to me

We are doing much better than when he was here aren't we ?

Didn't Bellamy call us "The circus"?

nah that was you :razz:

Nah that was Bellamy :lol:

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...rcus&st=111

seems like he is correctly calling the Scottish fuckpig and his rent boys to me

We are doing much better than when he was here aren't we ?

If you check the date you will realise Souness was sacked 6 months before this interview was done so I can't see how him saying "The circus was in town on Wednesday" was any reference to him.

We're not doing better than we were when he was here but that is down to several things, not just Bellamy.

He will get hammered and rightly so. Absolute arsehole. His actions at Anfield showed his 'affection'. Too many incidents for even the most myopic of his fans to claim he 'loved' Newcastle. He loves himself. Plain and simple. Not unlike the boy (Men don't hit women) himself.

We will see the depth of adoration tomorrow :lol:

True. Told me by the same person who told me Shearer was not going to retire, which I posted on Newcastle Online a few weeks before he announced it.

Everyone knew he wasnt gonna retire ffs!

the press and everyone connected in the football media knew that one.If you couldnt sniff that one out more the fool you.

the press and everyone connected in the football media knew that one.If you couldnt sniff that one out more the fool you.

hoho.....I didn't see YOU telling anybody :lol:

Whats more, when I posted it, not one person agreed with what I posted.

hoho.....I didn't see YOU telling anybody :razz:

nothing new there then :lol:

hoho.....I didn't see YOU telling anybody :lol:

September 06?

He will get hammered and rightly so. Absolute arsehole. His actions at Anfield showed his 'affection'. Too many incidents for even the most myopic of his fans to claim he 'loved' Newcastle. He loves himself. Plain and simple. Not unlike the boy (Men don't hit women) himself.

the amazing thing is that you actually seem unable to realise or admit that very few footballers are welcomed back by supporters by clubs they have left. You wouldn't expect anything else but 100% committment now to Liverpool. The same as he showed Newcastle. Which is the whole point. He always gave that, unlike lots of others who people think we were better off keeping.

Short memories, as well as poor judgement. The only thing wrong with Craig Bellamy is he doesn't play for us anymore .......

Astounding that despite everything that has happened, the money we have wasted replacing him, and the sacking of the fuckpig who brainwashed people like you into thinking he was putting the club first, you STILL think we are better off without a quality footballer who ran through brick walls for the club.

hoho.....I didn't see YOU telling anybody :razz:

nothing new there then :lol:

aye, I was right. Again.

the amazing thing is that you actually seem unable to realise or admit that very few footballers are welcomed back by supporters by clubs they have left. You wouldn't expect anything else but 100% committment now to Liverpool. The same as he showed Newcastle. Which is the whole point. He always gave that, unlike lots of others who people think we were better off keeping.

Short memories, as well as poor judgement. The only thing wrong with Craig Bellamy is he doesn't play for us anymore .......

Astounding that despite everything that has happened, the money we have wasted replacing him, and the sacking of the fuckpig who brainwashed people like you into thinking he was putting the club first, you STILL think we are better off without a quality footballer who ran through brick walls for the club.

Astounding that you can't see the wood for the trees on a daily basis yet still feel compelled to tell other people that they should bow down to your supposed superior wit.

Please stop it. Everyone is bored of it. Your becoming a parody of yourself.

Finally, please stop telling people how to make their mind up. My attitude is similar to that of many people tomorrow. Even you will see that and youre as dense as they come. Pure vitriol will spout from my gob towards him. He slated the club and deserves what is coming his way.

I don't recall Les Ferdinand getting that. Do you?

Guest Patrokles

We will see the depth of adoration tomorrow :razz:

It worked with Gemmill, I hear. :lol:

Bellamy remembers fondly taking goals to Newcastle

George Caulkin

Where Craig Bellamy travels, jeers, goals and mayhem have a habit of following, but even for a player who takes sustenance from controversy, St James’ Park should make for a ferocious venue today. The Wales forward returns to Tyneside for the first time since condemning Graeme Souness as a “liar” on television, although the opprobrium he generates will be tinged with grudging admiration.

Bellamy’s reputation as a bolshy irritant may be unparalleled, but his worth to the Newcastle United team managed by Sir Bobby Robson was also indisputable. “If Craig Bellamy wasn’t such a gifted footballer you would turn your back on him,” Robson wrote in his autobiography, “because he’s a nightmare of a boy.” And: “He’s a spiky little kid, very ambitious. He wants the best and he wants to win.”

Robson described the forward as “an unusual and volatile character”, but while Bellamy’s four years at Newcastle were peppered with disharmony, his commitment brought redemption. That cycle ended after a venomous confrontation with Souness in January 2005 — “he’s gone behind my back in front of my face,” the player said memor-ably — when Bellamy was dispatched on loan to Celtic.

Since then, he has moved to Blackburn Rovers for £5 million and, last summer, to Liverpool for £6 million, scotching Souness’s notion that he would never again represent an English club with comparable standing to Newcastle. His time at Anfield has been mixed, scoring seven goals in 30 appearances, but this is a fixture he is relishing.

“I had some really good years there and really enjoyed my football,” he said yesterday. “I started off playing for Sir Bobby Robson in what was a really good team and during my time we finished third, fourth and fifth. I learnt a lot about myself when I was a Newcastle player. I got involved in things outside of football, but I was lucky because the fans were always with me.

“They were so supportive of me and I have a lot of respect for them for that. Even through my injury problems I enjoyed it there. It’s a special place. I’m not their player any more and so I’ll probably get a little bit of stick, but I can accept that. I get stick from a lot of fans and from a lot of people who don’t know me, but I can take it from the Newcastle fans.”

The relationship is now difficult. Booed mercilessly during Newcastle’s 3-0 victory at Ewood Park in September 2005, Bellamy was involved in a tussle with Terry McDermott in the tunnel at Liverpool five months ago; Glenn Roeder’s coach subsequently branded the striker as a “little upstart”. Roeder suggested yesterday that McDermott “would want to” instigate a handshake.

“There’s always attention when a player like Craig, who is a top player, comes back to a club where he did well,” Roeder said. “Any problems he had were not my problems because I wasn’t around.”

McDermott added: “I’m sure Craig will have a bit of apprehension about how he will be treated by the fans here, but that’s no concern to us.”

Rafael BenÍtez is demanding discipline. “We will talk just in case,” the Liverpool manager said, “but I’m not worried because he [bellamy] is a professional and his commitment is good. He doesn’t need to do anything special. He can play well more frequently and be more consistent, but it won’t be a big problem. He has experience and he will be focused.”

The shame is that, in some respects, Newcastle and Bellamy were a good fit. “It’s amazing when other managers try to do things differently,” John Carver, Robson’s former assistant and a man who once had a chair thrown at him by Bellamy, said. “Of course, Craig could be a disruptive character, but sometimes you have to work with them because, come match day, he was worth his weight in gold.”

If he bangs a screamer in tomorrow I will feel physically sick, and there will be this doubt knawing away at my soul as to whether he upped his game on the back of the booing he is inevitably going to get

he won't score though, he only ever scored on the break, our defence will be deeper than the challenger deep tomorow.