Newcastle Supporters/ Dissertation

Toon1981

Dear All,

I am a final year sociology student at Newcastle University and have chosen to write my dissertation on the experiences of Newcastle United supporters. As part of this, I am looking to interview a handful of Newcstle supporters who have been attending matches since at least the late 1980's/ early 1990's, as what I want to find out about is how being a Newcastle United supporter has changed over time, if indeed it has. The interviews are expected to last 45 mins to an hour and would preferably take place in a town centre pub at a relatively quiet time, although these details are not inflexible. I am hoping to conduct the interviews over the next 3-4 weeks if possible.

If you yourself are interested in taking part, or know anyone that might be, I would be hugely appreciative if you could contact me at the e-mail address below. There's a pint or equivalent in it for anyone who agrees to be interviewed! Many thanks,

Lee Burns

L.J.Burns@ncl.ac.uk

Dear All,

I am a final year sociology student at Newcastle University and have chosen to write my dissertation on the experiences of Newcastle United supporters. As part of this, I am looking to interview a handful of Newcstle supporters who have been attending matches since at least the late 1980's/ early 1990's, as what I want to find out about is how being a Newcastle United supporter has changed over time, if indeed it has. The interviews are expected to last 45 mins to an hour and would preferably take place in a town centre pub at a relatively quiet time, although these details are not inflexible. I am hoping to conduct the interviews over the next 3-4 weeks if possible.

If you yourself are interested in taking part, or know anyone that might be, I would be hugely appreciative if you could contact me at the e-mail address below. There's a pint or equivalent in it for anyone who agrees to be interviewed! Many thanks,

Lee Burns

L.J.Burns@ncl.ac.uk

Being as how my tenure as a Newcassel supporter is most probably longer than anyone else on this Forum I would be only too happy to be interviewed by you, and I know I could add flavour to your dissertation.

Please send me a return flight ticket on British Airways from LAX to Newcastle at a convenient time suited to your agenda.

I can stay with a friend in Gosforth(no expense to you, and he will provide transportation) and I would prefer to meet in the "County" on Gosforth High St. as it is within walking distance of my friends house.

I'm prepared to travel economy-class but if you feel I should travel in more comfort then by all means buy a 1st. Class ticket.

Please let me know when I can expect the ticket and what time & date you would like to meet.

Just posting to give this a shunt in the hope of picking up a few more interested personnel. Cheers to those who got in touch.

ps, Noel, by the time i've had a good think about the etymology of the word "tenure", I'll have doubtless forgotten to post the tickets out, sorry bout that. And yeah, I'm in the west end at the minute.

Edited by Toon1981

ps, Noel, by the time i've had a good think......................................................, I'll have doubtless forgotten to ost the tickets out, sorry bout that.

Fer crying out loud, I've already packed me bags, I'm the sorry one. <_<

And I was so looking forward to a cozy chat about the pitfalls of being a Newcastle supporter ;)

Just posting to give this a shunt in the hope of picking up a few more interested personnel. Cheers to those who got in touch.

ps, Noel, by the time i've had a good think about the etymology of the word "tenure", I'll have doubtless forgotten to post the tickets out, sorry bout that. And yeah, I'm in the west end at the minute.

Used to be best of pals with a lad called lee burns back in the day....he was a local lad so probably got my wires crossed. <_<

• 2 weeks later...