Liverpool - the finest supporters on earth, or just wankers?

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

Alex if you read my post, I said, I (me) associate you'll never walk alone, more with Celtic than I do with Liverpool, never did I say the song has no association with Liverpool.

You never said why you were so obsessed with the subject though. :D

I'm not really, various wanks took this subject completely off topic.

Well, I thought you said the rest of the world associate it with Celtic. I'd say most people associate it far more with Liverpool than Celtic. Domestically and abroad.

Guest stevieintoon

Well, I thought you said the rest of the world associate it with Celtic. I'd say most people associate it far more with Liverpool than Celtic. Domestically and abroad.

]

No mate.

No matter who has or hasn't sang ynwa it will always be associated, world wide, with the redshite.

You seriously need to seek help son, if that's not obsessional hate then you give a very good impression.

I'm a blue for my sins and hate them passionately, never miss an opportunity to take the piss out of them, but deep down I know I'm jealous of them really and wish Everton could have had half the success they have.

As for your comment about being glad you weren't born on Merseyside, I can only second that wholeheartedly.

That's just ignorant. I associate YNWA with Celtic more than those cunts, they had it before Liverpool as their anthem. I understand though how insular the place is, and can see just why you would think that.

I don't think it, it's a fact, can't stand the shitty thing myself and if you associate it with Celtic, then fine, the rest of the world don't though. Maybe you should examine your own insular little place in the world.

Errrrr yes they do.

He's saying the rest of the world don't associate YNWA with Celtic, I didn't say once they don't associate it with Liverpool.

Most European football fans know it's Celtic's song too Newcastle BootBoy.

]

No mate.

No matter who has or hasn't sang ynwa it will always be associated, world wide, with the redshite.

You seriously need to seek help son, if that's not obsessional hate then you give a very good impression.

I'm a blue for my sins and hate them passionately, never miss an opportunity to take the piss out of them, but deep down I know I'm jealous of them really and wish Everton could have had half the success they have.

As for your comment about being glad you weren't born on Merseyside, I can only second that wholeheartedly.

That's just ignorant. I associate YNWA with Celtic more than those cunts, they had it before Liverpool as their anthem. I understand though how insular the place is, and can see just why you would think that.

I don't think it, it's a fact, can't stand the shitty thing myself and if you associate it with Celtic, then fine, the rest of the world don't though. Maybe you should examine your own insular little place in the world.

Errrrr yes they do.

He's saying the rest of the world don't associate YNWA with Celtic, I didn't say once they don't associate it with Liverpool.

Ok then. Thank fuck that's sorted :gettin::D

Cilla was the local bike in the Cavern, she was only their to hang coats up and ended up shagging her way to stardom, or the teeth did.

I was just in The Cavern on Saturday like

Even though they've moved it, it was stil pretty nice like.

Not that i care, but everyone i've ever heard talk on the subject, home or abroad associates it with Liverpool and i've yet to meet anyone who thinks its Celtics song (even if it is).

In fact it wasn't until relatively recent years (when they played each other in europe) i even found out Celtic had ever sung it at all, it'll always be associated with Liverpool.

I give up, fuckin hell, Celtic didn't even do YNWA in Lisbon when they won the European cup. wev'e been singing it since 63

Nice Heysel link..

Do that yourself? :D

As already stated, I'm a blue and agree with Gemmil about the song, but my older bro is a big red and has informed me that Celtic were the first team to play Liverpool after Hillsborough in a warm up game. Gerry Marsden was there to lead the fans in a joint ynwa. Celtic have sung it ever since.

Edited by Footyfan

]

No mate.

Errrrr yes they do.

OK... great... obviously you didn't catch on that I wasn't trying to start a debate with you... but Most European football fans know it's Celtic's song??? Hardlly the rest of the world, wouldn't you agree?

Guest stevieintoon

As already stated, I'm a blue and agree with Gemmil about the song, but my older bro is a big red and has informed me that Celtic were the first team to play Liverpool after Hillsborough in a warm up game. Gerry Marsden was there to lead the fans in a joint ynwa. Celtic have sung it ever since.

What a clueless twat :D

That was April 1989. Celtic have been singing since the 60's and many sources suggest after the film Carousel in 1958.

That was April 1989. Celtic have been singing since the 60's and many sources suggest after the film Carousel in 1958.

Twat describes you adequately it's fair to say. Again, but as you aren't any good at providing sources for your made up fantasies I won't hold my breath while waiting, can you provide a source to your 1958 comment> Surely, as has already been suggested, they would have sung it at their European Cup Final.

Guest stevieintoon

]

No mate.

Errrrr yes they do.

OK... great... obviously you didn't catch on that I wasn't trying to start a debate with you... but Most European football fans know it's Celtic's song??? Hardlly the rest of the world, wouldn't you agree?

Well in football terms it is.

As Paul Fields points out: "Before the early 60s football fans made noise and occasionally chanted something brief (like Play Up Pompey!) but it was the Kop that started singing popular songs of the day (mainly Merseybeat songs such as Gerry and the Pacemakers' You'll Never Walk Alone) and later started to adapt the lyrics of songs to celebrate the team and its players.

"If any Celtic fans still claim that they sang it first, it would have to predate Gerry's version. Now can you really see thousands of working class Glaswegians in the 50s/early 60s spontaneously joining in a sing-along from a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical?" No, us neither.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/news/thekno...,912750,00.html

No idea why I googled that cos I honestly couldn't give a fuck.

further down that page:

However Ravi Hiranand remembers how some clubs found a way round this. "Rather than bring in a different sponsor, Liverpool and Carlsberg instead decided to put the word 'Probably...' on the front of the shirt (referring of course to Carlsberg catchphrase 'Probably the best lager in the world')," he says. "A sneaky way of getting past the law while still getting a sponsor's word in."

But sometimes it's a case of political sensitivity, as Chelsea - sponsored by Arabian airline Emirates - decided when they visited Hapoel Tel Aviv.

Finally, sponsors' words don't always mean the same thing in your opposition's language, as Arsenal found out when they played in Italy a few years back. "The Gunners had to wear their change strip which had Sega as the sponsor," says Pat Stafford. "An Italian-speaking friend told me that 'Sega' is a slang term for self-gratification."

:D

Edited by Super_Steve_Howey

Twat describes you adequately it's fair to say. Again, but as you aren't any good at providing sources for your made up fantasies I won't hold my breath while waiting, can you provide a source to your 1958 comment> Surely, as has already been suggested, they would have sung it at their European Cup Final.

Still no source? You are one of the stupidest, bigotted fans I've come across and appear to add made up tales in the hope it adds weight to your little stories.

Guest stevieintoon

Still no source? You are one of the stupidest, bigotted fans I've come across and appear to add made up tales in the hope it adds weight to your little stories.

http://www.celticminded.com/showthread.php?t=272139

That's no way to speak to yourself!