Wigan (A)

Matty

Papa, when was the last time we deserved a victory in a league game?

The last time we scored more than the opposition, irrespective of who had the most possesion, or had the most shots, or any other bollocks people come out with.

And the last time we deserved a defeat was today because Wigan scored more than us (the aim of football) and it would still be a deserved defeat even if we'd spent 90 mins camped in their half and had 20 shots against their 1 because your job is to take your chances and stop the other team taking theirs, not dominate possession etc.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time we scored more than the opposition, irrespective of who had the most possesion, or had the most shots, or any other bollocks people come out with.

And the last time we deserved a defeat was today because Wigan scored more than us (the aim of football) and it would still be a deserved defeat even if we'd spent 90 mins camped in their half and had 20 shots against their 1 because your job is to take your chances and stop the other team taking theirs, not dominate possession etc.

I love it when Neil goes on a rant. :rolleyes:

3-5-2 next match anyone?

That's the whole point in football I agree. If we play shite football (as we do) and we create very little (as we are) Don't you think that our best players Martins, Owen etc Will want to be in a team that can maximise there ability?

If you carry on just to scrap out performances morale among the classier players will go down.

Just got back, fucking shite, going out for a pint.

Ditto

I'm gaan to kip. I'm fucked.

WIGAN IS A SHIT HOLE. SHIT GROUND, CHARVER 'SUPPORTERS'. CHEERLEADERS, MASCOTS AND MUSIC AFTER GOALS.

FUCK OFF BACK TO DIVISION ONE YOU PIE EATING CUNTS.

That's the whole point in football I agree. If we play shite football (as we do) and we create very little (as we are) Don't you think that our best players Martins, Owen etc Will want to be in a team that can maximise there ability?

If you carry on just to scrap out performances morale among the classier players will go down.

I agree with you, whilst the wins are deserved because we scored more, a string of under par performances means you will start to lose games (deservedly!) and that the better players will be pissed off! And i think we've put in plenty of shite to average performances this season under Roeder which is not acceptable.

And Jonny, did you dare mention 3-5-2!!! :lol::naughty:

Ditto

WIGAN IS A SHIT HOLE. SHIT GROUND, CHARVER 'SUPPORTERS'. CHEERLEADERS, MASCOTS AND MUSIC AFTER GOALS.

;)

:naughty::lol:

was bollocks like.

why the hell roeder swapped like for like with his subs i'll never know.

Ditto

The Rocker speaks the truth :naughty:

....................................................... The fact that fucking Spurs beat Bolton makes it even worse.

And the fact that Blackburn beat Portsmouth makes it even worse :lol:

Spurs score 4, Blackburn score 3, and we can't even score a penalty. :naughty:

I concur, we were shite today. Duff couldn't put a foot right, Onyewu was dodgy - gave away several free kicks including the one they scored from.

Other than that - they do nice pies at Wigan, and the atmosphere at the Red Robin pub before the game was jumping.

I met Smoggeordie, Newcastle Rocker, Andrew Flintoff on the briefly on the bus - meeting people of internet forums seems wierd like.

Their fans were keen on giving us the vs afterwards - including a bus load of kids with inflatable Wigan hammers and a bloke and his kid from the window of their home.

And I haven't even mentioned the Wigan charver with his hands down his trackie bottoms.

Rugby playing cunts who don't do anything unless the Scoreboard has COME ON WIGAN! displayed.

I met Smoggeordie, Newcastle Rocker, Andrew Flintoff on the briefly on the bus - meeting people of internet forums seems wierd like.

Sure you're not forgetting someone? :lol:

Twat ;):naughty:

Sorry mate

Edited by Tom_NUFC

Twat :razz::naughty:

Sorry mate

;)

Just watched MOTD2.

They highlighted that Duff and Solano were easy to close down and that cut our options from the flanks.

That was so obviously going to happen given that our fullbacks of Taylor and Huntington.

Piss poor tactics tbh.

Duff was closed down by some Belgian part-timers in midweek. I'm pretty sure Wigan were never going to struggle.

What a piss-poor signing he's turned out to be. If the rumours of the £7m offer in January were true, why the fuck didn't we sell him?

Just watched MOTD2.

They highlighted that Duff and Solano were easy to close down and that cut our options from the flanks.

That was so obviously going to happen given that our fullbacks of Taylor and Huntington.

Piss poor tactics tbh.

Duff was closed down by some Belgian part-timers in midweek. I'm pretty sure Wigan were never going to struggle.

What a piss-poor signing he's turned out to be. If the rumours of the £7m offer in January were true, why the fuck didn't we sell him?

If you get tight to him he seems totally unable to get past one let alone two.

Don't you think that if the LB made the occasional overlap it would have given him some space though?

Seems a daft way to play 4-4-2, especially with Parker and Butt in the middle if you're not going to have your fullbacks pushing on.

Anyone who says that if we'd scored the penalty it would have been different is missing the point tbh

watched the game via a live feed

our passing is a disgrace, simple basics of ball to feet is beyond us

Given and the defence were just wildy punting the ball up front

Wigan is a shithole, i went down when we got beat last year, i thought i was at boro when the Latic's all star dancers came on, some 13/14 year olds in gym suits dancing, how the fuck this still qualfies for entertainment in this day and age is unreal!

I saw them as I was walking to the pub at the top of that industrial estate as they were walking towards the ground.

we're the perfect team to play if you're wigan. want to end a winless streak? get the mags in town.

i'm predicting a fulham-esque no-show. 2-0 home win

Almost word-for-word tbh and horribly all too predictable.

The old addage 'that performance was not good enough for (club x y or z)' must apply to the Toon more so than any other 'top' club. As far as I'm concerned it's the worst indictment too as it's just another way of saying the team has players that are good enough to win but they just a) have been sent out there without a clue or :naughty: simply haven't had the desire for it.

It's something that you should really never have to hear more than once a season.

Incidentally, Wigan are a team of 11 doormen tbh. Might as well have been playing the Rugby league team.

we're the perfect team to play if you're wigan. want to end a winless streak? get the mags in town.

i'm predicting a fulham-esque no-show. 2-0 home win

Almost word-for-word tbh and horribly all too predictable.

The old addage 'that performance was not good enough for (club x y or z)' must apply to the Toon more so than any other 'top' club. As far as I'm concerned it's the worst indictment too as it's just another way of saying the team has players that are good enough to win but they just a) have been sent out there without a clue or :naughty: simply haven't had the desire for it.

It's something that you should really never have to hear more than once a season.

Incidentally, Wigan are a team of 11 doormen tbh. Might as well have been playing the Rugby league team.

we just turned up expecting to win