Wigan (A)

Matty

we're the perfect team to play if you're wigan. want to end a winless streak? get the mags in town.

i'm predicting a fulham-esque no-show. 2-0 home win

Almost word-for-word tbh and horribly all too predictable.

The old addage 'that performance was not good enough for (club x y or z)' must apply to the Toon more so than any other 'top' club. As far as I'm concerned it's the worst indictment too as it's just another way of saying the team has players that are good enough to win but they just a) have been sent out there without a clue or :naughty: simply haven't had the desire for it.

It's something that you should really never have to hear more than once a season.

Incidentally, Wigan are a team of 11 doormen tbh. Might as well have been playing the Rugby league team.

we just turned up expecting to win

I don't think we were even that prepared.

We just turned up. Full stop.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was reading a piece recently about "well coached" teams. Teams that get the most out of players. Names of Bolton, Blackburn and Everton were mentioned as teams who wouldn't have the greatest individual players, but are coached and trained to maximise their abilities.

Have a look at our underachieving club. Are we poorly coached? Players like Duff, who has all the ability needed to play for a top team looks crap for us presently.

I mentioned before the Fulham game, that on paper, they have very few individuals any better than ours and that there is now way we should contemplate being beaten by them. We were, of course, completely humiliated as we rolled over for them. The standard of our football has been bloody shcoking at stages this season as well. Long ball tactics, and players looking short of ideas has been a major issue.

As much as I'm not that great a fan of Milner, the lad is the only one for me who looks like he gives a shit at the moment and is the only one making things happen. So we go to 4th bottom Wigan and drop him. Steve McMahon was saying we'd attack them becasuse 'Newcastle know no other way'. Utter bullshit. This isn't 1996 anymore Stevie baby. We need to be more ruthless if we're going to get anywhere near the top half. This is my main gripe with Roeder, perhaps he's just too nice and gives other teams too much respect.

Aye, couldn't understand Milner not playing. Honestly man, as soon as Roeder gets a few people back from injury and has some decisions to make, he starts making mistakes.

In a nutshell :naughty:

we're the perfect team to play if you're wigan. want to end a winless streak? get the mags in town.

The old addage 'that performance was not good enough for (club x y or z)' must apply to the Toon more so than any other 'top' club. As far as I'm concerned it's the worst indictment too as it's just another way of saying the team has players that are good enough to win but they just a) have been sent out there without a clue or :naughty: simply haven't had the desire for it.

It's something that you should really never have to hear more than once a season.

Incidentally, Wigan are a team of 11 doormen tbh. Might as well have been playing the Rugby league team.

expecting to walk over them,

expecting to walk over them,

If anything I'd actually say expecting to lose.

Most frustrating game i have ever been to. Wigan's whole set up is about an existence in the bottom half of the table, no ambition. Their ground is an MFI job stuck in a field. Their pitch was shocking.

Disappointed with the team Roeder picked. You don't rest key players like Dyer when you have a selection problem.

Charlie was promising when he came on We need to keep a hold of him.

Role on the smoggies.

How come Wigan are getting so much stick? For a team who belong in the Championship (according to you lot) to beat us, isn't that our fault, not theirs?

It is our fault. But they are a joke club. THey don't need cheerleaders, a mascot, or music after goals.

It's our fault that we get beat by these jokers, but it doesn't stop me from ripping into their small club fair ground shite.

Edited by NewcastleRocker

Not much of a fan of Paul Jewell, but this quote had me in stitches...

"I was sat in the Arsenal dugout and didn't see it!"

Wigan boss Paul Jewell puts on his Wenger specs when asked to comment on the dodgy penalty won for Newcastle by Antoine Sibierski.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/6396803.stm

:lol: :lol: :nufc:

Not much of a fan of Paul Jewell, but this quote had me in stitches...

"I was sat in the Arsenal dugout and didn't see it!"

Wigan boss Paul Jewell puts on his Wenger specs when asked to comment on the dodgy penalty won for Newcastle by Antoine Sibierski.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/6396803.stm

:lol: :lol: :nufc:

;)

Fair play to Jewell, thats a fine effort! Like Wenger I haven't seen it myself, didn't watch the "highlights" as it would be depressing!