Sir Bobby Robson

Tooj

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the money on Gemmill thinking 'Sir Berb' has croaked it because a thread's been started about him? :unsure:

Happy birthday SBR <_<

I thought something like that, but glad to see it's Happy Birthday instead. <_<

nah, including keegan.

did a better job with his resources than keegan did.

just mho of course, happy birthday to him in any case.

I disagree, KK built a better side from scratch. Robson was class but he took over the club in a better position with better players. Both had plenty money but KK made the better signings. KK had a better win ratio and when you analyse where the club was when both managers joined and then when they both left Keegan did far better overall. Nothing against Robson though.

nah, including keegan.

I disagree, KK built a better side from scratch. Robson was class but he took over the club in a better position with better players. Both had plenty money but KK made the better signings. KK had a better win ratio and when you analyse where the club was when both managers joined and then when they both left Keegan did far better overall. Nothing against Robson though.

There are elements of Keegan's reign you can criticise (the scrapping of the reserves being one) but overall I thought his signings were top class given his resources at various stages. He signed the right players to get them out of the first div, Kilcline, Peacock etc and then made some very shrewd signings once you were up. Players like Cole were available to anybody who wanted them but Keegan saw the potential befoe others. Even players who I didn't particularly rate before he signed them like Scott Sellars proved to be very shrewd buys.

I still maintain he made a mistake in playing (not necessarily signing) Asprilla towards the end of that glorious season though :unsure:

nah, including keegan.

There are elements are Keegan's reign you can criticise (the scrapping of the reserves being one) but overall I thought his signings were top class given his resources at various stages. He signed the right players to get them out of the first div, Kilcline, Peacock etc and then made some very shrewd signings once you were up. Players like Cole were available to anybody who wanted them but Keegan saw the potential befoe others. Even players who I didn't particularly rate before he signed them like Scott Sellars proved to be very shrewd buys.

I still maintain he made a mistake in playing (not necessarily signing) Asprilla towards the end of that glorious season though <_<

yeah, thanks for reminding us :unsure: