**MICHAEL OWEN SIGNS FOR NEWCASTLE!**

Tom_NUFC

I see Wullie is sticking with his miserable bastid stance over the signing.

Jesus Wept!

22928[/snapback]

Really? How surprising. :suicide:

22931[/snapback]

Well, I'm pleased but we do need further strengthening. Owen isnt enough.

And someone said that the bloated price is probably down to Newcastle cutting a deal on the Woodgate money.

22946[/snapback]

Of course we need further stengthening.

However while you try to find negatives, just think if he didn't sign, no striker signed, and then come back to me and say you are not happy that Owen is coming to Newcastle.

22954[/snapback]

To be honest even I am struggling to come up with a negative in us signing arguably the best English striker. It's completely allayed my relegation fears, for one thing.

I still think we have yet to make the most important transfer though - Souness out! We could sign Ronaldino, Schevenko and Henry and still not win anything with this prat in charge. There, I've managed to make this a negative post after all. :stars:

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twas me who requested it be a sticky.

I just think it's a funny thread to read all the way through. It contains nearly all the emotions supporting this club is about.

Disbelief, humour, cynicism, nerves, being 'astounded'(!), disbelief (again), relief, amazement, joy etc etc.

What will be the Owen song? I'm guessing it will be the same one as he had at Liverpool?

How many goals has he already scored at St James' Park?

22953[/snapback]

14 goals in 10 appearances, I think. Remeber the hand rubbing celebration after his hat-trick?

The cheeky little shit.

:stars:

Jesus Wept!

22928[/snapback]

22931[/snapback]

And someone said that the bloated price is probably down to Newcastle cutting a deal on the Woodgate money.

22946[/snapback]

However while you try to find negatives, just think if he didn't sign, no striker signed, and then come back to me and say you are not happy that Owen is coming to Newcastle.

22954[/snapback]

To be honest even I am struggling to come up with a negative in us signing arguably the best English striker. It's completely allayed my relegation fears, for one thing.

I still think we have yet to make the most important transfer though - Souness out! We could sign Ronaldino, Schevenko and Henry and still not win anything with this prat in charge. There, I've managed to make this a negative post after all. :stars:

22962[/snapback]

Jesus Wept!

22928[/snapback]

22931[/snapback]

22946[/snapback]

22954[/snapback]

22962[/snapback]

Didn't he do that before the kick-off of that match?

22975[/snapback]

I think you must be mistaking him for Stephan Guivarch being awesome. Or maybe Ruud Gullit coming out to the crowd before his first game in charge. Also awesome.

What will be the Owen song? I'm guessing it will be the same one as he had at Liverpool?

22953[/snapback]

14 goals in 10 appearances, I think. Remeber the hand rubbing celebration after his hat-trick?

The cheeky little shit.

22973[/snapback]

He's scored more against us, than Dyer has for us...

Didn't he do that before the kick-off of that match?

22975[/snapback]

I think you must be mistaking him for Stephan Guivarch being awesome. Or maybe Ruud Gullit coming out to the crowd before his first game in charge. Also awesome.

22987[/snapback]

You've well and truly lost me!

I mean - Owen rubbed his hands in the centre circle, then kicked off, they proceeded to hammer us with him getting a hatrick.

Either way I hope there'll be many more at St James'.

once excitment over heres a negative for you ..

say owen gets injured 5 games into playing for toon .

he is out for say 5 weeks ,

do we go back to 1st 4games results=1pt,no goals.(saying that he turns us round like)

i say swap jenas for robbie keane plus 3 mill ,buy solano.

least robbie wud give us back up ?.

22953[/snapback]

The cheeky little shit.

22973[/snapback]

22989[/snapback]

Nice variation on the 'Paul Scholes has scored more at SJP' attack that is usually made on Dyer.

He did that smarmy little celebration on completion of his demolition job IIRC.

I might be wrong, but I never have been before. See above reference to Guivarch being awesome for further proof.

0006AA83-D123-1226-975280BFB6FA0000.jpg

22953[/snapback]

The cheeky little shit.

:suicide:

22973[/snapback]

22989[/snapback]

Nice variation on the 'Paul Scholes has scored more at SJP' attack that is usually made on Dyer.

22992[/snapback]

Aye :stars:

Twas me who requested it be a sticky.

I just think it's a funny thread to read all the way through. It contains nearly all the emotions supporting this club is about.

Disbelief, humour, cynicism, nerves, being 'astounded'(!), disbelief (again), relief, amazement, joy etc etc.

22966[/snapback]

finished off with more dismay?? :stars:

from .com

this day 7 years ago......

1998 Liverpool (h) 

1-4 (1-4)

Premiership

Guivarc'h

Owen 3, Berger

Ruud was in place and introduced to the crowd but had nothing to do with the team selection. Michael Owen rubbed his hands with glee at his first half hat-trick and Stephane Guivarc'h showed us how wisely Kenny had lashed out his millions for the Frenchman - by scuffing a shot in off the post in front of an open goal....

Given; Watson(Dabizas), Serrant (Barton); Charvet, Albert, Pearce; Lee, Hamann(Glass), Shearer, Guivarc’h, Speed

Friedel; Heggem, Staunton, Redknapp(McAteer), Carragher, Babb, McManaman(Thompson), Ince, Riedle, Owen, Berger

98-08-30gullitvliverpoolh.jpg

He did that smarmy little celebration on completion of his demolition job IIRC.

I might be wrong, but I never have been before. See above reference to Guivarch being awesome for further proof.

0006AA83-D123-1226-975280BFB6FA0000.jpg

22995[/snapback]

I stand corrected, said the man in the orthopaedic shoes!

Here's another negative. :stars:

The last time I saw Owen play in the flesh was against Espanol when he was at Real Madrid. To say he was shit (came on as a sub) is somewhat of an understatement. Real were appalling that night at the Olympic stadium, they lost 1-0 but in all seriousness could easily have lost 10-0 (Espanol even missed 3 penalties). Carlos made Babyaro look like a world beater. Now, of course this wasn't Owen's fault, but my point is, is it possible he may not be great in a shit team? This is a nagging concern I have which will hopefully be dispelled against Fulham.

And I can just see him breaking a leg too. :icon_lol:

Wullie is right about all our eggs in one fragile basket.

But overall, I think this may be a fantastic signing, and no way am I going to criticise the board for it. :suicide:

We needed two centre forwards, we've gone and bought them, one of them a proven international golascorer, the other a man who can play left wing. The only problem I have is the fact we've wasted four games we could have possibly got results in.

We needed two centre forwards, we've gone and bought them, one of them a proven international golascorer, the other a man who can play left wing. The only problem I have is the fact we've wasted four games we could have possibly got results in.

23033[/snapback]

Luque's not really a centre forward though, is he?

I hope Owen combines well with Shearer, because that will be the combination we will use (or Ameobi plus Owen).

If we persist with 4-5-1 we're shagged anyway tbh. God, I really hope Owen fits in alright.

23033[/snapback]

Luque's not really a centre forward though, is he?

I hope Owen combines well with Shearer, because that will be the combination we will use (or Ameobi plus Owen).

If we persist with 4-5-1 we're shagged anyway tbh. God, I really hope Owen fits in alright.

23052[/snapback]

You nearly made it to 3pm. :stars:

Luque can play up front or wide left, which at least gives us another option. Come on Hobbes son, worse things happen at sea...

'Always look on the bright side of life...