**MICHAEL OWEN SIGNS FOR NEWCASTLE!**

Tom_NUFC

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another negative. :stars:

The last time I saw Owen play in the flesh was against Espanol when he was at Real Madrid. To say he was shit (came on as a sub) is somewhat of an understatement. Real were appalling that night at the Olympic stadium, they lost 1-0 but in all seriousness could easily have lost 10-0 (Espanol even missed 3 penalties). Carlos made Babyaro look like a world beater. Now, of course this wasn't Owen's fault, but my point is, is it possible he may not be great in a shit team? This is a nagging concern I have which will hopefully be dispelled against Fulham.

And I can just see him breaking a leg too.  :suicide:

Wullie is right about all our eggs in one fragile basket.

23020[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Still can't believe we pulled it off!! I always thought he would be going to Pool. Well done FF and Souey.

:icon_lol:

23149[/snapback]

I'm still glued to the office ceiling! :stars:

I wonder how much of it was down to FF and Souey and how much was the hard work Shearer put it...

Regardless of anything, Souness will always be the manager who brought Michael Owen to Newcastle United!

Of the three super-signings I've seen in my time, this one is the cream of the crop. Keegan was coming to the end of his career and Shearer was effectively 'coming home'.

Here we've signed the current best English centre-forward in his prime from under the noses of his dream team...

I couldn't be happier! :suicide:

According to ITV teletext his contract does include a 1 year get out clause.

23208[/snapback]

I don't doubt they're saying that but seriously, how the fuck do they know - are they stood over him as he's signing it??

:stars:

HAHAHA!

BBC have removed the 'Liverpool hijack' bit from their website.

What an absolute set of cunts. I hate the media, so glad that we've done this, if only to fuck everyone off. Skit.

/rant

PS - why is everyone making out that this is a bad thing, belittling us every time. The whole 'he went to win things, NUFC never win owt' is infuriating. Oh, so we haven't won anything for ages, should we just fucking give up then? What's the point of having a club if you have no ambition?

Edited by nufc4ever

funniest thing i've read all day:

Owen moves to Newcastle for sole purpose of saving his World Cup bacon

why doesn't he just sign for England and give up club football entirely...

The Scousers are claiming he doesn't want to sign for us and has been on the phone crying to Gerrard and Carragher all day :suicide:

Also his contract clause lets him leave for £12 million after the first year...

Bitter cnuts :stars:

Edited by Baggio

Still can't believe we pulled it off!! I always thought he would be going to Pool. Well done FF and Souey.

:blush:

23149[/snapback]

I'm still glued to the office ceiling! :stars:

I wonder how much of it was down to FF and Souey and how much was the hard work Shearer put it...

Regardless of anything, Souness will always be the manager who brought Michael Owen to Newcastle United!

Of the three super-signings I've seen in my time, this one is the cream of the crop. Keegan was coming to the end of his career and Shearer was effectively 'coming home'.

Here we've signed the current best English centre-forward in his prime from under the noses of his dream team...

I couldn't be happier! :suicide:

23212[/snapback]

To be honest, I get the feeling Shearer might be the main factor here. You never know, Shearer might make a great manager after all. He has a head start in attracting big names, being a living legend himself.

Yet he doesn't half get some stick on these boards. :icon_lol:

its in tommorws times, interview with owen, it says that shearer was the pulling force for this, and he offered to give up the number 9 shirt for him

Not a bad looking starting 11. I can see a lot of moaning comimg from Dyer if we do get Nobby. There's no place for him really...!

.............OWEN....SHEARER

LUQUE....EMRE......PARKER...SOLANO

BABA.....TAYLOR.....BOUM.........CARR

.....................GVEN

Well maybe, but....err...!

..........OWEN...SHEARER

LUQUE........DYER.........SOLANO

...........EMRE.....PARKER

...TAYLOR...BOUM....BRAMBLE

.................GIVEN

?

Edited by Geordie Boyo

ha ha has anyone seen anal oliver on SSN just couple of mins ago- he's a right dick ain't he

23706[/snapback]

Someone stab him.....please.