• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see smoggeordie! B)

"Proves we're a bigger club than Liverpool, we're gonna win the league!"

:razz: Howay man, have a word! :P

23710[/snapback]

That was smoggeordie!?!?! :fuk: Oh dear! :)

Sky Sports guy at St James has just said (paraphrasing) "The important news is there is NO one year get out clause, all these people saying he could go after a year, I've heard from the very top and I can tell you catagorically there is NO such clause and he is not just coming here for a year"

Hope that guts the Independant and the Mail, they've practically got a supplement each today on why Owen has made such a bad move, how he's only going to play 2 games, how we've got a clause saying that he can leave tomorrow for 35p etc etc.

Edited by BlueStar

Did anyone see the ITV news last night - I was fucking livid! [mad]

"Michael Owen forced into signing for Newcastle United"

"A huge step back in his career"

Fuck off ITV, I thought the BBC were bad, but you lot just take the piss!

The more annoying thing was the cut of the press conference they showed of Eriksson. Sky Sports showed the whole segment including the part where Sven said "Newcastle is a fantastic club"

Surprisingly the cut that ITV showed didn't have that part!!!

Wankers! :fuk:

My Dad rang me as soon as he met back up with my mum in manchester. He doesn't have a mobile, so he was just milling around manchester, still gutted from the west ham match, when he saw the billboard "Owen to join Magpies", ran over and bought a paper. Almost wish I'd found out like that, he was like a kid at Christmas when I talked to him :fuk:

My Dad rang me as soon as he met back up with my mum in manchester.  He doesn't have a mobile, so he was just milling around manchester, still gutted from the west ham match, when he saw the billboard "Owen to join Magpies", ran over and bought a paper.  Almost wish I'd found out like that, he was like a kid at Christmas when I talked to him  :fuk:

24259[/snapback]

Despite my early scepticism, I think this is a great move. Admittedly we have paid too much for him, we are gonna paying him too much and things like picking him up in a helicopter every morning is a little OTT but...

if he didnt buy someone who really is gonna guarantee us goals this season we will lose more by getting relegated. We shouldnt kid ourselves that this couldnt happen! As a morale boost its invaluable and who cares that we were his second choice??? Cant wait to see pics of him at 1.00 today. ( Another busy day at work for me then!)

I had the misfortune to see the interview with Phil Thompson on SSN last night and I have to say what a bitter bitter bitter bitter bitter bastid. I'm sure if he'd tried he could have made his digs at the club less obvious.

'Don't cry Pinnochio! Don't cry Pinnochio!'

What did Freddy Shepherd say about the year contract?

Couldn't hear it properly.

24501[/snapback]

He said "shut the fuck up, you've got the details in front of you, we're not talking about that", with his hand clamped firmly over Owens mouth.

Edited by BlueStar

OK, I'm paraphrasing, but he cut owen off and said something like "If I can just cut in there, you've seen the details, you've got them there in front of you on paper, it's not a verbal thing, we've made our press release and we're not going to talk about it."