**MICHAEL OWEN SIGNS FOR NEWCASTLE!**

Tom_NUFC

Hang on, you're both making me out to be the only anti-Souness person here.  :rolleyes: I never said there should be Souness Out chants either.

I just hope that the criticisms the fans had of Souness are not washed away just because Owen has signed.

24719[/snapback]

There is a third camp. The one that I'm in.

Souness sceptics.

I don't hate him. I don't slag him. I just don't see him turning us around.

24732[/snapback]

*Pitches his tent next to Snakehips*

I've said before, at this stage it's a bad idea to get rid. I seem to recall many people saying that he needed a full season, we've had a bad start and now he should go? It's the same situation as letting SBR go this time last year we didn't get what we wanted, so there is little to believe we can do differently now.

I don't rate him, but it's counter-productive to constantly slate him. He is what we have, so I plan to at least give him a crack. The results will speak volumes. I'm not saying we should be happy with failure or poor form, but constant negativity is not the answer.

I think that many of the player's he's brought in are good choices, especially this summer, so let see what happens over the coming months eh?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on, you're both making me out to be the only anti-Souness person here.  :rolleyes: I never said there should be Souness Out chants either.

I just hope that the criticisms the fans had of Souness are not washed away just because Owen has signed.

24719[/snapback]

Souness sceptics.

24732[/snapback]

I've said before, at this stage it's a bad idea to get rid. I seem to recall many people saying that he needed a full season, we've had a bad start and now he should go? It's the same situation as letting SBR go this time last year we didn't get what we wanted, so there is little to believe we can do differently now.

I don't rate him, but it's counter-productive to constantly slate him. He is what we have, so I plan to at least give him a crack. The results will speak volumes. I'm not saying we should be happy with failure or poor form, but constant negativity is not the answer.

I think that many of the player's he's brought in are good choices, especially this summer, so let see what happens over the coming months eh?

24844[/snapback]

No - that's too sensible! You have to decide he's shit and always going to be shit and stamp your feet til someone takes him away and brings us Peyter Reid on a silver platter! :angry:

Hang on, you're both making me out to be the only anti-Souness person here.  :angry: I never said there should be Souness Out chants either.

24719[/snapback]

Souness sceptics.

24732[/snapback]

24844[/snapback]

No - that's too sensible! You have to decide he's shit and always going to be shit and stamp your feet til someone takes him away and brings us Peyter Reid on a silver platter! :lol:

24849[/snapback]

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. :rolleyes:

Hang on, you're both making me out to be the only anti-Souness person here.  :lol: I never said there should be Souness Out chants either.

24719[/snapback]

Souness sceptics.

24732[/snapback]

24844[/snapback]

No - that's too sensible! You have to decide he's shit and always going to be shit and stamp your feet til someone takes him away and brings us Peyter Reid on a silver platter! :lol:

24849[/snapback]

Aye, I'm having a good day today. Got lots of serious stuff going on at work today, so I'm on form :angry:

EDIT: Cath pet, that huff smiley is so you! :rolleyes:

Edited by maggiespaws

I watched the whole SkyNews broadcast earlier - that was so cool how many people turned up. You've gotta love a club if you're given a reception like that when you sign. So chuffed about this - let's hope all goes as well as possible, and then we can REALLY give all the southern press something to whinge about.

FUCKING WOO, OWEN!!!! Fucking woo :lol:

And look, I didn't even mention once how goddamn pretty he is..........!!!