**MICHAEL OWEN SIGNS FOR NEWCASTLE!**

Tom_NUFC

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I've just texted all my mates, and immediately got practically exactly the same message from them "OWENS SIGNED" criss crossing in text space

22449[/snapback]

so has he signed or just agreed to join us? until the contract is signed in blood i wont be texting my pool mates just yet!

22459[/snapback]

Well no, but I think "Owen agrees terms with Newcastle and bid accepted by Real Madrid, subject to medical" is a bit too much for my fat fingered mates to text.

Edited by BlueStar

I am delighted but does anyone think that £17m is a ridiculous fee???

22428[/snapback]

It is, but I couldn't give a fuck. This is our money, hoarded from the past few years of spending naff all. Spend it.

Plus it fucks the entire media and Liverpool off to boot. Exceptional.

22447[/snapback]

Chelsea have spent silly money on Wright Phillips, Essien, Drogba all of which are not as proven as Owen at International level yes its a lot of money but he will score goals.

FOOKIN FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

I was listening to talksport and 5 live yesterday, so many smug scousers ringing saying it was a fact it was a done deal to take him back to anfield !!! Up your bollocks !!!!

The Mackems in the office are gutted! Says it all for me.

22453[/snapback]

Whats the odds for him scoring a hat-trick against them?

Take it he'll get the number 10 shirt then.

22467[/snapback]

Rather than the usual which was against us

I'm very pleased but surprised. But really get the midfield and supply sorted. Its not up to speed is it ? Pointless having the gun with no bullets.

But oh yes, it'll be nice to ram this down the throat of the BBC and the media.

Ridiculously overpriced though.

Edited by Phil K

I was listening to talksport and 5 live yesterday, so many smug scousers ringing saying it was a fact it was a done deal to take him back to anfield !!! Up your bollocks !!!!

22471[/snapback]

Precisely! Shame N-O is down as I'd love to ram RA Softlad's words down his throat!

:D

Edited by MrBass

well its on bbc now, but states that he will sign after passing a medical today, so he hasnt signed just yet. I do feel quite excited about it ( just to piss the scousers off really!) but still waiting till i see him in a toon top before i act smug at work!

Alan Oliver to use the same headline yet again, "GOTCHA!"

No doubt he'll tell us all how he brokered the whole deal!

I never thought we would get him and have to admit that I'll be in the queue for Fenwick's window. :D:D

Shearer needs a lot of credit for this deal, without him I doubt we would be signing Owen.

22485[/snapback]

I agree, he's obviously done everything he can to sway, lie to and threaten :D Owen until he agreed to sign!

So well played Big Al.