**MICHAEL OWEN SIGNS FOR NEWCASTLE!**

Tom_NUFC

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do people think of fat fred then? i still think souness is a cunt who needs shooting, same with freddy, but there is no denying hes an awesome business man. man to man hes persuaded owen, robert, kluivert, parker, emre, luque, boumsong to join us when there have been other, maybe more attractive, clubs interested. not bad for a bloke that looks and sounds like he should belong in a working mens club 24/7!

Shearer needs a lot of credit for this deal, without him I doubt we would be signing Owen.

22485[/snapback]

I agree, he's obviously done everything he can to sway, lie to and threaten :D Owen until he agreed to sign!

So well played Big Al.

22490[/snapback]

Aye. He's made no secret of how he rates Owen in the past, and I have no doubt he will have played a big part in all of this. As for those who look at the £15/16/17m or whatever we have paid for him, 7yrs ago we paid almost that for Shearer. Owen is a proven goal scorer and should we sort our supply out in the team, I've had no doubt we will get our money back, just as we have with big Al, although I agree it looks excessive when you consider he only cost RM £8mil and he's only been a bit part player for the last season (and still scoring 16 goals I might add - compare that to Bellars).

We need a 'bare your arse in the window smily' adding as some of us are a bit far from Fenwicks to fullfill our promises. I'm not sure if I can do it as my drawing skills are not that good and my designers are on their holidays/stag week.

Fair play to FS and GS for their parts in pulling this off. Regardless of our situation, now is not the time to sack the manager.

Lets take this news, and the spare footy weekend to regroup and come out fighting.

Howay the f----n lads! :D

what do people think of fat fred then? i still think souness is a cunt who needs shooting, same with freddy, but there is no denying hes an awesome business man. man to man hes persuaded owen, robert, kluivert, parker, emre, luque, boumsong to join us when there have been other, maybe more attractive, clubs interested. not bad for a bloke that looks and sounds like he should belong in a working mens club 24/7!

22539[/snapback]

Great news, I'm genuinely, well, astounded! There can be no excuses for Souness now, none whatsoever. With the money he has spent he has to get a top 4 place, but that's not going to happen even with Owen, I don't think.

Shepherd, do the right thing and get someone who can do the job! You know it makes sense!

22523[/snapback]

Owen signs for Newcastle.

Renton is sort of happy.

Hell freazes over.

22536[/snapback]

:D

22539[/snapback]

money is more eloquent than FFS could ever be.

So many websites to read, so little time! :D

I might get myself up to St James for "the unveiling", put on my best charver accent and make sure I get on Sky saying somehting like, "It's mint this like. Owen's even better than Ronaldo, Shevchenko and Henry put together. We'll win the league now man, by a geet big mile!"

You know they'll be on there later! :D

22539[/snapback]

Disagree, we have paid well over the odds for Owen, not that I'm complaining, but I still think Shepherd is an idiot. It's all about money, and Owen made it clear he would have preferred to go to Liverpool, but they wouldn't pay up. Same is true for many of the other players on that list.

Ah, hopefully the return of 4-4-2!

--------Owen------Shearer---------

Luque----Emre----Parker-----Dyer

Baba--Boumsong--Bramble--Carr

---------------Given-----------------