**MICHAEL OWEN SIGNS FOR NEWCASTLE!**

Tom_NUFC

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're fucking doomed, this is the end of NUFC.  I blame the fans.

22430[/snapback]

call me a pessimistic but i really cant see how this signing is really gonna change anything. we are in dire straits and need more than just one half decent striker to turn this season around.

Its great and it will make a huge difference, however, £17m is a lot of cash and doesn't help our woeful defence any!

22437[/snapback]

Scoring goals take pressure off the defence we've had none of that lately which explains the sluggish display for some of the players.

time is getting closer. Plus any deal would be announced at half three ?

22342[/snapback]

you cant be kidding yourself that we have any chance of signing Owen though are you?

22349[/snapback]

Yes i think i do.

I am delighted but does anyone think that £17m is a ridiculous fee???

22428[/snapback]

Yes, but he's only 25 and SCORES GOALS (remember them?)

22432[/snapback]

Plus, we might not have had our offer accepted if we hadn't bid considerably greater than Pool

Someone e-mail the Liverpool Echo! You over confidence shower of socuse shit!  :D

22440[/snapback]

Someone who doesn't have as much work as I'm supposed to be doing find those threads with the scouse "sources" againa nd ressurect the bastards!

I am delighted but does anyone think that £17m is a ridiculous fee???

22428[/snapback]

It is, but I couldn't give a fuck. This is our money, hoarded from the past few years of spending naff all. Spend it.

Plus it fucks the entire media and Liverpool off to boot. Exceptional.

Edited by nufc4ever

HAHAHA, Liverpool fans texting sky sports saying "He needs his head read", "He'll get nowehere", "If liverpool want him he'll come straight away" and "No trophies, not europe, mid table finish max" "He's made totally the wrong choice".

HAHAHAHAHAHA

22434[/snapback]

Sour Grapes on Merseyside me thinks

22436[/snapback]

but true unfortunately.

unless he sees out his four year contract in which time he could become a real legend here and in with a chance of winning something :D

Its great and it will make a huge difference, however, £17m is a lot of cash and doesn't help our woeful defence any!

22437[/snapback]

Scoring goals take pressure off the defence we've had none of that lately which explains the sluggish display for some of the players.

22441[/snapback]

Besides which, this signing will give everyone a huge boost... which is nice!

Owen is a Geordie, Owen is a Geordie, trala la la, trala la la...

:D

Haha, I've just texted all my mates, and immediately got practically exactly the same message from them "OWENS SIGNED" criss crossing in text space

22449[/snapback]

so has he signed or just agreed to join us? until the contract is signed in blood i wont be texting my pool mates just yet!

We're fucking doomed, this is the end of NUFC.  I blame the fans.

22430[/snapback]

call me a pessimistic but i really cant see how this signing is really gonna change anything. we are in dire straits and need more than just one half decent striker to turn this season around.

22438[/snapback]

At the moment it has to be viewed in context-it isnt going to assist our shite defence but obviously it does assist our shite attack. So at least we will have a chance of outscoring our opponents even if we do continue to ship soft goals, which is a better position than we were in half an hour ago.

Not for a minute gonna turn us into the complete team (we'll still be hopeless at the back/down the flanks unless we strengthen there too) but could actually be the difference between relegation and survival.

HAHAHA, Liverpool fans texting sky sports saying "He needs his head read", "He'll get nowehere", "If liverpool want him he'll come straight away" and "No trophies, not europe, mid table finish max" "He's made totally the wrong choice".

HAHAHAHAHAHA

22434[/snapback]

Sour Grapes on Merseyside me thinks

22436[/snapback]

That reminds me, no one invited R.A. Softlad over? :D