Larsson snubs Man United extension

Gemmill

Must be mental if you ask me - a chance to add a few more medals to his haul and only miss a couple of months of the Swedish season. :unsure:

Although I suppose if you're a fan of his club in Sweden he's a bit of a hero for doing it.

If he'd stayed at Man Utd it would have contradicted the reasons he left Barcelona. If he wanted to win medals he could have just stayed there.

True, but to be two months away from the medals when you leave?

If he'd stayed at Man Utd it would have contradicted the reasons he left Barcelona. If he wanted to win medals he could have just stayed there.

True, but to be two months away from the medals when you leave?

Yeah it is slightly baffling. Maybe he thought his body wouldn't be up to it come March and after due to Man Utd's fixtures beginning to pile up.

Aye, there might be that I suppose. Irrelevant to this discussion, but I wonder if he regrets how long he stayed at Celtic now that he knows how well he can play in both Spain and the Premiership on the verge of retirement.

Nothing baffling about it at all

same reason shearer joined us instead of Man United he wants to play for the team he supported as a boy

I can assure you that if Alan Shearer was 6 weeks away from the possibility of a Premiership or a European Cup at Manchester United, NUFC would be the very last thing on his mind. It's 6 weeks man. He doesn't not get to play for them if he extends his loan period. Pretty baffling if you ask me.

same reason shearer joined us instead of Man United he wants to play for the team he supported as a boy

I can assure you that if Alan Shearer was 6 weeks away from the possibility of a Premiership or a European Cup at Manchester United, NUFC would be the very last thing on his mind. It's 6 weeks man. He doesn't not get to play for them if he extends his loan period. Pretty baffling if you ask me.

Would he not qualify for a Premiership medal for the games he's played? Only joinded in Jan so maybe not.

Would he not qualify for a Premiership medal for the games he's played? Only joinded in Jan so maybe not.

I don't know how many games he's taken part in. The minimum is 10 (unless it has changed in recent years)... don't think he's managed that many.

think you have to play for 20+ league games....

also i completely understand him not wanting to stay as he's commuting from his home in sweden. must be a bit tiring?

one thing he has done is shown us all how a proper forward plays, his movement and all round play is exceptional even at 35.

I don't know how many games he's taken part in. The minimum is 10 (unless it has changed in recent years)... don't think he's managed that many.

Aye but don't the Champions also get two discretionary medals to give to players who haven't made the quota? I could see them giving him one of them.

Why go in the first place then? He's still missing part of the season either way. It is strange.

Why go in the first place then? He's still missing part of the season either way. It is strange.

I didn't think he was, as they play in the summer months.

i am surprised like, especially as his club seemed happy for him to stay till may.

looks like it's more of a family thing - he's traveling between the uk and sweden every week to see his wife and kids.

gutted if you're a manc... you'd much rather larrson in your squad than smudger smith.

I didn't think he was, as they play in the summer months.

Aye looking at it he's basially played for them over their winter break period.

I know a guy who plays in that league and I could have sworn he was playing, but I guess it must be pre-season matches.

The manu fans will have to spend the next decade singing songs about him then for daring to turn them down like they did with Shearer!

I couldn't believe when i went to the semi at Cardiff and they were still signing about him, and this was in the streets after the match! He came here and won fuck all whilst they won loads and yet the sad little pricks still can't accept any player daring to choose to play for anyone else other than them!