Roeder stepping up chase for Bale

Scottish Mag

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless we have a large transfer fund for the summer we are wasting our time. Also for the price he is going to cost I would rather go for someone with a bit experience and some experence at the top level. We need someone who will perform straight away, not in a couple of seasons! Look at Walcott.

Reckon we could tempt Wigan to get Baines for a similar fee that will be demanded for Bale.

I don't rate Leighton Baines at all, can't understand what all of the hype is tbh

I thought I was the only one. :mellow:

do you really wish he didn't let people know that we were interested in young talent????

I would much rather hear that we were at least in the market for problem positions than not. Seems that Newcastle cannot do anything right by you guys, i am feeling pretty optimistic these days.

You moan that we did not buy anyone in January but a couple of years ago you moaned when we bought an eight million pound defender. Roeders transfer record is exceptional and he is blooding youngsters - i know you will mention Duff but he will find form hes a quality player and we will always make a profit on the 5 mill spent regardless ofhow he does. Our best players are coming back from injury were moving up the table we are interested in young quality british players - - - - - whats everyones issue?

Poor:

Rossi

Duff

Bernard

Srnicek

Ok:

Sibierski

The Gooch (too early to say)

Good:

Martins

Exceptional indeed :mellow:

do you really wish he didn't let people know that we were interested in young talent????

I would much rather hear that we were at least in the market for problem positions than not. Seems that Newcastle cannot do anything right by you guys, i am feeling pretty optimistic these days.

You moan that we did not buy anyone in January but a couple of years ago you moaned when we bought an eight million pound defender. Roeders transfer record is exceptional and he is blooding youngsters - i know you will mention Duff but he will find form hes a quality player and we will always make a profit on the 5 mill spent regardless ofhow he does. Our best players are coming back from injury were moving up the table we are interested in young quality british players - - - - - whats everyones issue?

Poor:

Rossi

Duff

Bernard

Srnicek

Ok:

Sibierski

Good:

Martins

Rossi - free so who cares really we got him in as cover and he provided exactly that.

Duff - IS quality hasn't performed yet but he will and even we sell him we will make a profit therefore compared to other signings was good.

Bernard - Agreed has done less than nothing but again free - and we have no idea the terms of his contract we can only speculate.

Srnicek - see Rossi

Sibierski - was a quality striker name me another striker in the premier league that has a better cost to goals ratio?

'Gooch' - Cannot even consider after a couple of games

Martins - Everyone thought he was second choice to Kuyt, who would you rather now?

Who would you rather we signed? Ignoring Campbell who has, like Sibierski, over performed who would you have signed for 15mill?

Players like Lescott have done fantastic but had we paid 5mill for him last season people like you would have doubted him as being overpriced unproven player.

LOL

Baines is a quality left back, would vastly improve our back 4.

That's hardly glowing praise tbh.

And not strictly true. He's not exactly much better than Babayaro tbh

He is a hell of a lot better than Babayaro :mellow:

Disagree. You still love Faye :blink:

Poor:

Rossi

Duff

Bernard

Srnicek

Ok:

Sibierski

Good:

Martins

Rossi - free so who cares really we got him in as cover and he provided exactly that.

Duff - IS quality hasn't performed yet but he will and even we sell him we will make a profit therefore compared to other signings was good.

Bernard - Agreed has done less than nothing but again free - and we have no idea the terms of his contract we can only speculate.

Srnicek - see Rossi

Sibierski - was a quality striker name me another striker in the premier league that has a better cost to goals ratio?

Martins - Everyone thought he was second choice to Kuyt, who would you rather now?

Who would you rather we signed? Ignoring Campbell who has, like Sibierski, over performed who would you have signed for 15mill?

Players like Lescott have done fantastic but had we paid 5mill for him last season people like you would have doubted him as being overpriced unproven player.

LOL

Exceptional though? You've named 1 player who has done well, purely on the basis that he was Roeder's second choice anyway.

Disagree. You still love Faye ;)

Will have to agree to disagree, I could put some comment on the end of this about things you have said in the past but I wont :blink:

Poor:

Rossi

Duff

Bernard

Srnicek

Ok:

Sibierski

Good:

Martins

Srnicek - see Rossi

LOL

Exceptional though? You've named 1 player who has done well, purely on the basis that he was Roeder's second choice anyway.

Maybe exceptional is a strong phrase - he has a better track record for transfers than any recent newcastle manager and very comprable to the best in the premier league.

Is it confirmed Martins was Roeders second choice? - i may be wrong but when has he actually stated this, as far as i was aware he always made it very apparent he wanted both?

Mcbride cost a million, goals to cost ratio is significantly worse

Kevin Doyle has scored more goals - but cost more than Sibbers - 78k giving sibers a better goal to cost ratio

Kanu has more goals agreed but in more full games. Who would you rather partnering Martins? Seriously.

Edited by lktmpl

Poor:

Rossi

Duff

Bernard

Srnicek

Ok:

Sibierski

Good:

Martins

Srnicek - see Rossi

LOL

2 players - i think sibierski has done exceptional for a free transfer and Martins is clearly a very dangerous striker.

Poor:

Rossi

Duff

Bernard

Srnicek

Ok:

Sibierski

Good:

Martins

Gol i think thats a bit harsh. Rossi was a loan signing, didnt cost us anything and he's gone now. Anyone would have taken Duff at £5mil and who knows, it may be next year before we see the best of him. As far as Bernard and Srnicek go, Im not sure whether Bernard was a sole decision by Roeder, considering he's never even been given a place through all our injuries. Srnicek has been poor granted and i think it was maybe a poor attempt to get some fans off his back at the time (ooh look we've signed a former favourite)

Le Sib aint no world beater but i think its been an excellent signing considering that we got him for nothing on the last day, everyone was totally underwhelmed but hes scored goals, and got us points where they didnt look possible.

Gooch cant be considered

Martins, yes a good buy

Im more optimistic under Roeder than I was under Souness and think he's going about the right way to put the club back onto some solid foundations. No-one in the national media seems to consider us as a big club anymore so I'd like to think that while we're out of the limelight, we can continue to develop our young players and play the underdog. We may actually win something when the expectation isnt there.

The reason Roeder's record is poor is because who he hasn't signed. Both in the summer and January we were crying out for defenders (particularly full backs) and Gooch aside he has failed to address this.

We have been 'crying out' for defenders in Jan and the summer for about the last 6 years! We signed an 8million pound disaster a couple of years ago and have alway splashed out on defenders that have failed - this cycle needs to change.

Boumsong 8mill

Bramble 5mill

Babayaro 2mill

Marcelino 5mill

Carr 2.5mill

Would you rather we blew another large amount of money on an unproven player?

I fully agree with Roeders decision to take a centre back on loan only, with hindsight i guess you wish we did the same with the above surely? I know we need other full backs but who was available - at a reasonable price. Ashley Young went for 10mill, Bale would have cost 10mill - prices where hyper inflated. It is a bad idea to panic buy when we have youngsters who granted aren't going to win us the league - but they could get us into Europe. We are not in a position to spend millions on a player when we could get him for half the price in the summer and i am glad we didn't.

I guess we could pack our defence with journey men foreigners like Bolton but i think the only way will ever get into a position like we were a few years ago is through youngsters. I am perfectly happy to consolidate for a couple of years using youngsters and i think we will have a very good team, if we had an under 23's league we would be one of the best teams in it. Buying cheap foreigners would just disrupt this progression.

Some of our supporters may have no faith in our youth but other more Knowledgeable people do. Taylor is on the verge of an England call up, Huntington has been singled out for praise via various mangers, Gooch was wanted by some of Europes to clubs, Edgar will be a good squad player and Solano has proved he is more than capable at fullback. Our defence is not that bad for the time being.

Edited by lktmpl

Poor:

Rossi

Duff

Bernard

Srnicek

Ok:

Sibierski

Good:

Martins

Gol i think thats a bit harsh. Rossi was a loan signing, didnt cost us anything and he's gone now. Anyone would have taken Duff at £5mil and who knows, it may be next year before we see the best of him. As far as Bernard and Srnicek go, Im not sure whether Bernard was a sole decision by Roeder, considering he's never even been given a place through all our injuries. Srnicek has been poor granted and i think it was maybe a poor attempt to get some fans off his back at the time (ooh look we've signed a former favourite )

Le Sib aint no world beater but i think its been an excellent signing considering that we got him for nothing on the last day, everyone was totally underwhelmed but hes scored goals, and got us points where they didnt look possible.

Gooch cant be considered

Martins, yes a good buy

Im more optimistic under Roeder than I was under Souness and think he's going about the right way to put the club back onto some solid foundations. No-one in the national media seems to consider us as a big club anymore so I'd like to think that while we're out of the limelight, we can continue to develop our young players and play the underdog. We may actually win something when the expectation isnt there.

Srnicek was only signed as Give Harper and Krul all got injured at the same time. Abit harsh to criticise Roeder for that

Poor:

Rossi

Duff

Bernard

Srnicek

Ok:

Sibierski

Good:

Martins

Gol i think thats a bit harsh. Rossi was a loan signing, didnt cost us anything and he's gone now. Anyone would have taken Duff at £5mil and who knows, it may be next year before we see the best of him. As far as Bernard and Srnicek go, Im not sure whether Bernard was a sole decision by Roeder, considering he's never even been given a place through all our injuries. Srnicek has been poor granted and i think it was maybe a poor attempt to get some fans off his back at the time (ooh look we've signed a former favourite )

Gooch cant be considered

Martins, yes a good buy

Srnicek was only signed as Give Harper and Krul all got injured at the same time. Abit harsh to criticise Roeder for that

dont think he was first choice either - Hedman was. If no-one else is available might as well have someone how cares the club and the fans respect.

I don't reckon roeder actually thought he would have to play though!!!!!!

Poor:

Rossi

Duff

Bernard

Srnicek

Ok:

Sibierski

Good:

Martins

Exceptional indeed :lol:

Gooch cant be considered

Martins, yes a good buy

I wasn't. I was criticising the word "exceptional"

Poor:

Rossi

Duff

Bernard

Srnicek

Ok:

Sibierski

Good:

Martins

Gooch cant be considered

Martins, yes a good buy

so how would you describe Roeders record?

I withdrew exceptional and said possibly the best record of all recent newcastle managers and competative with the best in the league.

Edited by lktmpl

Poor:

Rossi

Duff

Bernard

Srnicek

Ok:

Sibierski

Good:

Martins

Gooch cant be considered

Martins, yes a good buy

so how would you describe Roeders record?

I withdrew exceptional and said possibly the best record of all recent newcastle managers and competative with the best in the league.

One question: Are you fucking mental?