Summer Festivals

Scottish Mag

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must've been a shit past few years.

Having said that, I'm glad for Laura Marling that she's on the Pyramid Stage. Saw her warm up for the Kooks when I was 17 and thought she was incredible. Really refreshing and brilliant artist.

there's a nice diverse mix at glasto this year. i'd go if you could still hop over the fence and i didn't have a newborn baby to look after.

Wu Tang Clan live? SICK

Beyonce - HELL YEAH! (just so i can see her shake her big booty in the flesh)

DJ Shadow

Plan B

Primal Scream

The Streets

Carl Cox

Miles Kane

Kool and the Gang

Chase and Status

Claude Von Stroke

Krafty Kuts

Sub Focus

Photek

even paul simon would be a good crack. apparently he's playing his greatest hits set. the old simon and garfunkel stuff would be awesome on the sunday afternoon nursing a sore head with a few biftas.

tbh though, if i was going i'd probably do what i did last time i went and spend most of my time getting mashed on the fringes and on the green fields and not seeing anywhere near that many acts.

Must've been a shit past few years.

Having said that, I'm glad for Laura Marling that she's on the Pyramid Stage. Saw her warm up for the Kooks when I was 17 and thought she was incredible. Really refreshing and brilliant artist.

She's great.

Can't stand U2 and Coldplay though, just not my thing. Boring as can be.

Topless Gay Love Tekno Party? :(

They're some weird fucking festivals.

i've never heard of them either and its one festival those are all the different stages, its a 5 day party in the middle of no-where, it did win this

http://www.breakspoll.com/blog/breakspoll-2011-the-results/

best large festival, and you're right it's like nothing else i've seen anywhere.....and there's lots of toplessness..... :razz:

Edited by tooner

there's a nice diverse mix at glasto this year. i'd go if you could still hop over the fence and i didn't have a newborn baby to look after.

Wu Tang Clan live? SICK

Beyonce - HELL YEAH! (just so i can see her shake her big booty in the flesh)

DJ Shadow

Plan B

Primal Scream

The Streets

Carl Cox

Miles Kane

Kool and the Gang

Chase and Status

Claude Von Stroke

Krafty Kuts

Sub Focus

Photek

even paul simon would be a good crack. apparently he's playing his greatest hits set. the old simon and garfunkel stuff would be awesome on the sunday afternoon nursing a sore head with a few biftas.

tbh though, if i was going i'd probably do what i did last time i went and spend most of my time getting mashed on the fringes and on the green fields and not seeing anywhere near that many acts.

Arcade Fire and Fleet Foxes too.

Went last year with an old mate who has had the extreme good fortune to have landed a job on the farm next to Worthy Farm which entitled him to 2 free wristbands for the whole 4 days. Got him a few tickets to see us in the last year including Villa last Sunday where he said he had 5 bands this year and one of them again had my name on it....but I'm in fuckin Portugal on holiday this year :razz:

Your description of jumping fences,the Green Field getting mashed and not seeing any bands sounds familiar...I did that regularly till about 94 when a bloke started firing into the crowd as someone made off with his stash. Hugely different affair now, no travellers,cristies,greboes rastas or sound systems....no atmosphere of violence either. Thats what a huge fence and the best part of £300 quid a ticket buys you I suppose :(

Edited by PaddockLad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone going to the evolution weekender thing in Newcastle end of month?!

I'm up your way visiting family and wouldn't mind going on the saturday but wondering how far away is the train station from Quayside

would be going back to Hartlepool like

Iggy and the Stooges

Two Door Cinema Club

The Kills

Brother

Hercules and Love Affair

Fashguns

Billy Bragg

anyone going to the evolution weekender thing in Newcastle end of month?!

I'm up your way visiting family and wouldn't mind going on the saturday but wondering how far away is the train station from Quayside

would be going back to Hartlepool like

Iggy and the Stooges

Two Door Cinema Club

The Kills

Brother

Hercules and Love Affair

Fashguns

Billy Bragg

Its a bit of a walk from Central Station down to where the bands are but it shouldn't take more than 10/15 minutes.

• 3 months later...

At least 4 people have died after a stage collapsed at Pukkelpop in Belgium - apparently some trees got uprooted in a massive storm and took out some of the rigging. They've stopped bands for the day, but it sounds like the whole festival will be pretty fucked if the weather is as bad as it sounds - not sure what all the punters will do for the next few days as there tents will inevitably have been wrecked,

A couple of good friends have gone over for it, hoping they're all okay :lol:

• 1 year later...

It's only a few hours old and I'm sick to fucking death of hearing about fucking Glastonbury already.

Dear BBC,

If I wanted my entire weekend to be full of middle class cunts called Pippa listening to shite, I'D GO TO FUCKING GLASTONBURY!

I DON'T WANT IT ALL OVER EVERYTHING YOU FUCKING BROADCAST!

j40f.jpg

Haven't been as disinterested in it as I am this year .

Mumford & Cunts .

Having said that I'm watching it at the minute with the fucking God-awful presenter above which sums up the whole sketch and the BBC London-centric wankfest .

''send me a tweet about my jacket people, do you think it's crr@zy enough or should it be GlastonCr@@zier ? . . Jake Bugg there with his new song - Sex with a Labrador . . so I was like O . M . G . there's no flavafels ?'' *needless childish inflection*

Edited by LoveTheBobby

They'll have fucking Miranda headlining next year .

"MAKE SOME NOISE GLAZZLEBURY *trips over for laughs*"

It is a source of genuine vexation to me that that man-faced, thunderously unfunny twat has become a BBC "favourite".

Fuck me I'm grumpy tonight :lol:

The sanitisation of Glastonbury complete with Chris Evans presenting for the bbc. Think when it was "de rigeur" to drive to Somerset, abandon your vehicle in a country lane, jump over the fence and commune with 100k or so drug casualties, that cunt was making tea for Timmy fuckin Mallet. I rest my case m'lud :glare:

Mrs. Fist got her book as a gift ( aye, the friend has been fucking told!), and I said " Oh, I bet she's fell withing the first three pages".

I picked up the book, turned it over and saw the back cover ..

51K2P0gqKFL._SX_.jpg

Hilarious isn't it?