Martins > Bellamy

Asprilla

1: Scores more

2: Much better attitude

3: Projects a good image for the club

4: Younger

:):(:(:blink:

No way. Bellamy is a welsh gobshite, although a talented one. But the bad outweigh the good.

Martins is 22, scored 14 goals for Newcastle this season (10 in the prem). He's faster than Bellamy, has a more powerful shot than Bellamy and has a better attitude than Bellamy.

The only thing Bellamy has over Martins is more premiership experience.

Bellamy will be trouble (sooner or later) wherever he goes. I'd rather not be associated with that, regardless of what he does on the pitch.

I'm happy with Martins, Owen and Shola although I would like to add someone with a bit of physical presence like Ashton.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

i think bellamy is the more intelligent footballer but martins is a good replacement, not least because he'll score more goals than the welsh gobshite.

the acid test will come when he starts a game alongside owen. can those two complement eachother?

If we were playing the Champions League final tomorrow i'd rather have Bellamy in the side than Martins. That said, due to the difference in their ages and attitude, you'd have to prefer Martins as the long-term signing.

For goals per chance ratio, I'll take Martins over Bellamy every time.

Like a lot of strikers, they work in pairs. Bellamy was and is underrated as a finisher, and IMO a few spectacular goals have contributed to Martins being overrated as a finisher. They are different sorts of players, but Bellamy gives the team more, consistently, and makes things happen. I'm surprised at you mate, I thought you would be one of the ones who have a better understanding of the game than simply to look at a goalscoring stat to show a players worth ..... Bellamy makes things happen for others. When Owen returns, we will see how well Martins does this. I'm not knocking him either before some of the plebs will suggest just because its my comment, like gram for instance. I actually think that Craig Bellamy would have been a brilliant partner for Owen, and still would be, and possibly Martins too for that matter.

Like a lot of strikers, they work in pairs. Bellamy was and is underrated as a finisher, and IMO a few spectacular goals have contributed to Martins being overrated as a finisher. They are different sorts of players, but Bellamy gives the team more, consistently, and makes things happen. I'm surprised at you mate, I thought you would be one of the ones who have a better understanding of the game than simply to look at a goalscoring stat to show a players worth ..... Bellamy makes things happen for others. When Owen returns, we will see how well Martins does this. I'm not knocking him either before some of the plebs will suggest just because its my comment, like gram for instance. I actually think that Craig Bellamy would have been a brilliant partner for Owen, and still would be, and possibly Martins too for that matter.

we might have all three on our books if fred hadn't hired the 'scottish fuckpig'.

that's the reason bellamy isn't at the club. you can blame souness for doing what souness does (ie fall out with gobby flair players that don't toe the line), but it's shepherd's fault that he was given the job in the first place.

once souness was appointed it was SO obvious that he would fall out with bellamy and robert.

I think Martins is being "ovverated" as a finisher due to his almost 1 in 2 goal ratio in his first season in the premiership at 21/22 years of age and a constantly changing team that has on occasion lacked worthwhile attacking build up play. Martins also has a good few assists this season so its not as if scoring is all he does.

I think Martins is being "ovverated" as a finisher due to his almost 1 in 2 goal ratio in his first season in the premiership at 21/22 years of age and a constantly changing team that has on occasion lacked worthwhile attacking build up play. Martins also has a good few assists this season so its not as if scoring is all he does.

Yeah but has he ever scored in the Nou Camp?

Long term i'm hoping Martins continues his progress and ends up being the better of the two players, because he's the one here and so that would be best for NUFC.

Certianly he is showing the potential to be a top class striker. In his first season in the prem as a young (or 28 year old!) lad he is playing in an average team who often don't make the best use of him, yet he is impressing and banging in the goals.

He also scores a variety of goals, with both feet and head, some placed, some blasted and he is matching up to the physical side of the prem.

Currently Bellamy has a few years having proved himself in the prem which Martins doesn't yet have. But i really like the look of Martins and think he will be the better of the two to have and i hope i'm right.

But as Dan said, but for Shepherd employing Souness we could have had them both, and Owen!

Long term i'm hoping Martins continues his progress and ends up being the better of the two players, because he's the one here and so that would be best for NUFC.

Certianly he is showing the potential to be a top class striker. In his first season in the prem as a young (or 28 year old!) lad he is playing in an average team who often don't make the best use of him, yet he is impressing and banging in the goals.

He also scores a variety of goals, with both feet and head, some placed, some blasted and he is matching up to the physical side of the prem.

Currently Bellamy has a few years having proved himself in the prem which Martins doesn't yet have. But i really like the look of Martins and think he will be the better of the two to have and i hope i'm right.

But as Dan said, but for Shepherd employing Souness we could have had them both, and Owen!

I don't think we'd have bought Martins if we still had Bellamy...

Quite possibly, but of course with No Souness we wouldn't have possed away millions on shite and could have bought who we want...this could go on for a while :)

Quite possibly, but of course with No Souness we wouldn't have possed away millions on shite and could have bought who we want...this could go on for a while :(

:) You're right there... :blink:

It wasn't my intention though tbh...it just struck me that since Martins has got more confident, I've cared less and less about Bellamy. The golf club thing followed by his goal in Barcelona is typical of him, I was just thinking that now we have an "equally good" striker without all the baggage. :(

Quite possibly, but of course with No Souness we wouldn't have possed away millions on shite and could have bought who we want...this could go on for a while :(

:) You're right there... :blink:

It wasn't my intention though tbh...it just struck me that since Martins has got more confident, I've cared less and less about Bellamy. The golf club thing followed by his goal in Barcelona is typical of him, I was just thinking that now we have an "equally good" striker without all the baggage. :(

I'd expect more goals from Martins than Bellamy tbh and that is the most important thing in football, despite the fact that along with Leazes i'm one of Bellamy's biggest fans! You do need other things up front, but a striker who can guarentee plenty of goals is always worth their place!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I'd expect more goals from Martins than Bellamy tbh and that is the most important thing in football, despite the fact that along with Leazes i'm one of Bellamy's biggest fans! You do need other things up front, but a striker who can guarentee plenty of goals is always worth their place!

even though you are probably one of the only people shorter than him :)

even though you are probably one of the only people shorter than him :)

:(

I was expecting this post as soon as i saw what i'd typed, but i'm disappointed, i expected it to be from Gemmill!!!