The Simpsons

Pegasus Bridge

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh...

seriously gone off the Simpsons over the last year. Its downfall having a lot to do with it I guess.

I said, downfall aside. :(

Well it's hard to consider the show as a whole without it :)

I much prefer South Park now.

Meh...

seriously gone off the Simpsons over the last year. Its downfall having a lot to do with it I guess.

I said, downfall aside. :(

Well it's hard to consider the show as a whole without it :)

I much prefer South Park now.

Na, 18 years or whatever, it's just been immense.

I still laugh at the new ones, and I find the programme as a whole, very re-watchable :( .

Got them all on DVD, and they serve me well on rainy days.

Guest Toplass-101

Its funny to watch my Dad watching the Simpsons, Ive never seen him laugh so much as when that program is on, the show itself however, is pants.

The Simpsons is one of those programmes that can span the entire TV quality spectrum.

Some episodes are brilliant, others are average, others are absolute

sh!te, and also everything in between.

The last few years though, the quality has definitely dipped.

When they stopped Futurama, I felt that they'd stopped the wrong one. They should have continued with Futurama and axed The Simpsons - its run its course.

Weren't the first couple of series a big pile of poo as well?

First 2 were absolute gash. Jokes were forced, animation was shite and the voice-acting was terrible.

You weren't born when they first aired were you?

Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire, Bart The General, The Telltale Head, Homer's Night Out, Two Cars In Every Garage and 3 Eyes on Every Fish, Dancin Homer, Bart The Daredevil, Three Men and a Comic Book....

All classic episodes and bloody hilarious. Didn't look or sound like you're used to now, but when homer was a believable character with the odd moment of stupidity the show was at tit's best. Now he's just an incomparable buffoon it's not so good.

Weren't the first couple of series a big pile of poo as well?

First 2 were absolute gash. Jokes were forced, animation was shite and the voice-acting was terrible.

You weren't born when they first aired were you?

Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire, Bart The General, The Telltale Head, Homer's Night Out, Two Cars In Every Garage and 3 Eyes on Every Fish, Dancin Homer, Bart The Daredevil, Three Men and a Comic Book....

All classic episodes and bloody hilarious. Didn't look or sound like you're used to now, but when homer was a believable character with the odd moment of stupidity the show was at tit's best. Now he's just an incomparable buffoon it's not so good.

Bart The General is one of my favourite episodes without doubt, can't beat Herman.