The Simpsons

Pegasus Bridge

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't the first couple of series a big pile of poo as well?

First 2 were absolute gash. Jokes were forced, animation was shite and the voice-acting was terrible.

You weren't born when they first aired were you?

Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire, Bart The General, The Telltale Head, Homer's Night Out, Two Cars In Every Garage and 3 Eyes on Every Fish, Dancin Homer, Bart The Daredevil, Three Men and a Comic Book....

All classic episodes and bloody hilarious. Didn't look or sound like you're used to now, but when homer was a believable character with the odd moment of stupidity the show was at tit's best. Now he's just an incomparable buffoon it's not so good.

Came out the year I was born.

I've seen pretty much every episode up to season 10 or so when they went to Sky exclusively.

Never really found the original 2 series funny the first time round, let alone the amount of sodding times they were repeated by BBC2.

You missed Cape Feare! Best episode ever surely!

Who did?

You! :)

Wasn't in the first 2 seasons tbf.

The rake scene is the best Simpsons scene ever, but the best episode is the Stonecutters.

Oops. :( Thought it was earlier than that.

I think Cape Feare is fantastic personally, so many hilarious moments!

Who did?

You! :(

The rake scene is the best Simpsons scene ever, but the best episode is the Stonecutters.

Oops. :( Thought it was earlier than that.

Love it when the FBI guys are in that room with Homer telling him he's Homer Thompson. :)

Who did?

You! :(

Oops. :blink: Thought it was earlier than that.

Love it when the FBI guys are in that room with Homer telling him he's Homer Thompson. :)

:(

Dan's right. Best episode ever.

It's such a brilliant programme. Got all the DVD boxsets 1-9. Series 1-2 are The Simpsons pretty much finding their feet, series 3-9 are just awesome.

Still think from series 10 up until 15, are still great T.V. The last few series have dipped, but I still find them funny.

Dan's right.

Phrases You Never Thought You'd See On Toontastic, #374

:)

You still training him to follow in your footsteps?

I try my best, but he steadfastly refuses to grow a Lawro moustache and his mastery of the "In The Navy" dance steps is sadly lacking. :(

Dan's right.

Phrases You Never Thought You'd See On Toontastic, #374

:(

You still training him to follow in your footsteps?

I try my best, but he steadfastly refuses to grow a Lawro moustache and his mastery of the "In The Navy" dance steps is sadly lacking. :(

Can't say he's reached the stage in his life as of yet to grow a Lawro tash like. :)

Wrong, it's not even in the top 2!

Helen Lovejoy: We're talking about S-E-X in front of the C-H-I-L-D-R-E-N!

Krusty the Klown: Sex cauldron? I thought they shut that place down!!

and

Homer: Hello, my name is Mr Burns. I believe you have a package for me?

Post office worker: Ok Mr Burns, could I just take you first name?

Homer:......I don't know...

:rolleyes::razz:

Edited by .../\......\o/...

• 4 years later...
Up until 98 or so when the likes of homer the inventor were made, it was just irresistable, but the quality of episode has dropped to badly its sad to see. Can't wait for the movie to come out :D

How disappointed you must have been. :D

Jumped the shark about 12 years ago, and the movie was shit. It was all about taking the piss out of US society etc. but did the writers stand up to the Neo-Cons who were screaming that you should never criticise Bush when they were at war, and to do so was un-American? No, they just churned out episodes where they made lazy, cheap and bad episodes where they went abroad and found stereotypes. As some have said before, the characters have become terrible exaggerations and parodies of themselves, especially Homer, and they should just stop making any more.

Anyway, there are quite a few programmes that are better than it.