The Best....

Tooj

Season you've seen any Toon Player perform?

Yes it's a Friday Night and I am rather bored but as there's a canny few older posters on here just wondering in particular what the likes of Leazes, Noelie etc will mention without the bickering of course. So keep it clean lads.

Individual player and individual season?

Les Ferdinand 95-96 was virtually unplayable. Unless you were Man Utd

Beardsley and Cole 93-94

Proper Skyboy me like.

Aye mate that's the one, was just discussing it earlier on with me mate. I nominated Pedro like in 93/94.

Can't remember what season it was but me dad always goes on about this season during the run in when Gazza was absolutely sensational.

Paul Gascoigne. Not a full season but he came back from injury and played blinder after blinder. Most talented footballer I have seen in a black and white shirt.

1987 was the year although it was the 86-87 season.

Beardsley and Cole 93-94

Proper Skyboy me like.

Aye mate that's the one, was just discussing it earlier on with me mate. I nominated Pedro like in 93/94.

Can't remember what season it was but me dad always goes on about this season during the run in when Gazza was absolutely sensational.

Weird, i was just writing about that when you posted this. Gazza was incredible during that run in.

I know it was in the new-old Division 1 (Championship), but our performance throughout the 1992/93 season was a hell of a performance. We ripped through that Division with ease, head and shoulders above any other side. Tore teams apart, feared no-one. It was an absolute joy to witness it.

But then the way we stepped up into the Premier in 93/94 was brilliant as well. A lot of people before that season were saying we were one season wonders - we'd be found out in the Premiership etc. A lot of us were settling for survival, or were saying they'd be happy with a mid table finish. But we stepped up with confidence and took on everyone, without losing the out and out fast attacking football that was so effective the year earlier.

94/95 was OK, but not quite as good.

95/96 Brilliant. The same style of football, but the team was stronger, and we almost, ALMOST did it. Tore teams apart etc. What lost us the title was maybe getting carried away a little bit, combined with lack of experience.

96/97 Good, but not as good. Mind, when Dalglish came in, we rallied, and it seemed like he'd hit the nail on the head. We were still playing good football, but the defence seemed tighter as well. We grabbed second at the last minute, and we thought we'd really be going for it the next year....oh dear.

Some great football under SBR at times, but it didn't quite feel as good as the Keegan times. We beat teams well sometimes, but we never battered or humiliated them like we did under Keegan.

Beardsley and Cole 93-94

Proper Skyboy me like.

I've been watching since 1959/60 and I'd have to agree