These New Owners of West Ham

LeazesMag

There is a risk with change that it could be worse rather than better. However, if the current board really care about the club they don't have to sell to someone they think won't run the club properly after all the Wolves Chariman wouldn't sell to the Souness consortium!

It suprises me that Liverpool were sold to the Americans with their slightly dodgy track record rather than the Maktoum's with their long association with British Horse Racing.

better than Fred and our current board ?

They took over the club and had a "plan", so they obviously are ........

:rolleyes:

The best way to judge if something is working long term is to make a decision after 3 months. :razz:

I generally agree with a lot of your opinions, but you don't half talk some nonsense sometimes. :razz:

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

It's OK lads, he'll be "going to the pub" soon, eh?

Surely Leases(know it all)Mag has a lap-top computer whereby "going to the pub" would provide us no escape from his continuous pedantic self-congratulating efusive egoism and constant rantings about boards.

Surely employing Souness was Portly Fred's 'plan' so he is not totally devoid of them?

The current 'plan' is to have two or three seasons of manager who is happy to accept a net transfer expenditure of approx £10m/close season spending, without giving the Chairman a sore ear.

Whether the current 'plan' pans out with us being overtaken by Bolton, Everton, Spurs is a gamble that Portly Freddie is prepared to take. One which could see season ticket sales drop to around 35k (Freddie is now prepared to accept this due to the new tv deal - of that I am certain).

Some people will have noticed that I nearly always refer to our Chairman as Portly Freddie as, believe it or not, I have a lot of time for him.

But he is far from being a great chairman.

Bollocks.

The new West Ham board thought "we'll change the manager, throw money at the problem and hope somehow it all comes out in the wash"

They are reaping what they have sown. £7.5m on one injury-prone player was nuts given their perilous position.

How you can claim that is any sort of sensible logic is beyond me. If anything Mr Magnusson has proved that running a PL side is a little trickier than selling biscuits for a living.

Bollocks.

The new West Ham board thought "we'll change the manager, throw money at the problem and hope somehow it all comes out in the wash"

They are reaping what they have sown. £7.5m on one injury-prone player was nuts given their perilous position.

How you can claim that is any sort of sensible logic is beyond me. If anything Mr Magnusson has proved that running a PL side is a little trickier than selling biscuits for a living.

Of course they did Matt !!!

The point of the post is to show those who think "anyone but Fred" that, as I have said on numerous occasions, there are plenty of people out there who would be far worse...and in my view, not too many who would be better. And how a "plan" means absolutely nothing if the manager is shite.

Hopefully though, when they do go, one day, we WILL get someone better.

Surely employing Souness was Portly Fred's 'plan' so he is not totally devoid of them?

The current 'plan' is to have two or three seasons of manager who is happy to accept a net transfer expenditure of approx £10m/close season spending, without giving the Chairman a sore ear.

Whether the current 'plan' pans out with us being overtaken by Bolton, Everton, Spurs is a gamble that Portly Freddie is prepared to take. One which could see season ticket sales drop to around 35k (Freddie is now prepared to accept this due to the new tv deal - of that I am certain).

Some people will have noticed that I nearly always refer to our Chairman as Portly Freddie as, believe it or not, I have a lot of time for him.

But he is far from being a great chairman.

I've never said he is "great" mate, just that since taking over the club, the BOARD have done well for the club, which they have, and you are one of the few intelligent enough to see that, it seems.

Bollocks.

The point of the post is to show those who think "anyone but Fred" that, as I have said on numerous occasions, there are plenty of people out there who would be far worse...and in my view, not too many who would be better. And how a "plan" means absolutely nothing if the manager is shite.

Who has said "anyone but Fred"?

Can you provide a link or have you made something up yet again?

Bollocks.

Who has said "anyone but Fred"?

Can you provide a link or have you made something up yet again?

There are plenty of people who have said they just want Fred out. Can you provide a link to anyone suggesting the name of a superior replacement, or any replacement

What - or who - would your "planned" automatically superior replacement be :razz:

Edited by LeazesMag

So you've made it up then.

LOL.

No.

Next time someone - and it won't be long - says the board are shite and should go, I suggest YOU ask them who they think is better, has the desire to be better, and will back their managers more. As you are the one that wants to know. I don't particularly want to know, because I'm not stupid enough to think a replacement will automatically be better, and could easily be worse.

LOL.

No.

Next time someone - and it won't be long - says the board are shite and should go, I suggest YOU ask them who they think is better, has the desire to be better, and will back their managers more. As you are the one that wants to know. I don't particularly want to know, because I'm not stupid enough to think a replacement will automatically be better, and could easily be worse.

Who said a replacement will automatically be better? Link?

Or have you made this up too?

LOL.

No.

No, I haven't LOL

As I said, it seems the vast majority want the board replaced, unless you are suggesting they stupidly think that they would be happy with inferior replacements ????? :rolleyes::razz:

Edited by LeazesMag

LOL.

No.

No, I haven't LOL

As I said, it seems the vast majority want the board replaced, unless you are suggesting they stupidly think that they would be happy with inferior replacements ????? :rolleyes::razz:

So if you haven't made it up can you provide a link to a post that backs up your claims?

LOL.

No.

No, I haven't LOL

So if you haven't made it up can you provide a link to a post that backs up your claims?

I have no idea why people want inferior replacements, I presume they must think they would automatically be better , wouldn't you agree ? Anything else would be pretty stupid wouldn't it ?

What an idiot LOL

LOL.

No.

No, I haven't LOL

I have no idea why people want inferior replacements, I presume they must think they would automatically be better , wouldn't you agree ? Anything else would be pretty stupid wouldn't it ?

What an idiot LOL

You forgot to post that link.

Spurs are 3-0 up already against Bolton and will go 3 points ahead of us in the league if they hold on.

Their plan seems to be coming together, if they finish above us this season (which is looking likely) then that will be the past 3 years they would have done so.

Ever since they brought in a Director of football. :rolleyes: