These New Owners of West Ham

LeazesMag

Spurs are 3-0 up already against Bolton and will go 3 points ahead of us in the league if they hold on.

Their plan seems to be coming together, if they finish above us this season (which is looking likely) then that will be the past 3 years they would have done so.

Ever since they brought in a Director of football. :rolleyes:

and they are above Bolton in the league, because Bolton don't have one ????

Your one mixed up kiddah mate, talking bollocks as well. I take it that you think every club with a DOF would therefore be successful ? If not, then what exactly are you saying ?

Please explain why Fulham sacked Ray Wilkins as manager when they had a DOF [Keegan - who chose him] as you think this is a foolproof, automatic route to success ?

While you are at it, please tell us who your guaranteed success as a DOF at NUFC would be ?

Spurs are 3-0 up already against Bolton and will go 3 points ahead of us in the league if they hold on.

Their plan seems to be coming together, if they finish above us this season (which is looking likely) then that will be the past 3 years they would have done so.

Ever since they brought in a Director of football. :razz:

Your one mixed up kiddah mate, talking bollocks as well. I take it that you think every club with a DOF would therefore be successful ? If not, then what exactly are you saying ?

Please explain why Fulham sacked Ray Wilkins as manager when they had a DOF [Keegan - who chose him] as you think this is a foolproof, automatic route to success ?

While you are at it, please tell us who your guaranteed success as a DOF at NUFC would be ?

Bolton haven't got one to my knowledge although they have got a fantastic scouting network, perhaps they should get one to push the club on further. :rolleyes:

Where have I said every club with a DOF would automatically be successful? Link? or have you made it up?

Ray Wilkins was given the DOF job by Keegan as it was a job for the boys, he has no knowledge of scouting or of running a successful team behind the scenes unless you have a link to somewhere that says he has? Poor planning from Keegan.

I can't say who would be a guaranteed success as DOF at Newcastle but that isn't my job to find one, Sir John Hall has spoken about getting one for the club which means it's at least being discussed at board level.

Like I said it's worked well for Spurs, they've continually finished above us since they've had one and he's built them a better squad than us without having to put the club into debt. great planning from the Spurs board. :razz:

Bolton haven't got one to my knowledge although they have got a fantastic scouting network, perhaps they should get one to push the club on further. :rolleyes:

Where have I said every club with a DOF would automatically be successful? Link? or have you made it up?

Ray Wilkins was given the DOF job by Keegan as it was a job for the boys, he has no knowledge of scouting or of running a successful team behind the scenes unless you have a link to somewhere that says he has? Poor planning from Keegan.

I can't say who would be a guaranteed success as DOF at Newcastle but that isn't my job to find one, Sir John Hall has spoken about getting one for the club which means it's at least being discussed at board level.

Like I said it's worked well for Spurs, they've continually finished above us since they've had one and he's built them a better squad than us without having to put the club into debt. great planning from the Spurs board. :razz:

So you can't say that appointing a DOF will definitely lead to success or not ?

Well duh, what a stupid thing to say.

I couldn't guarantee if Wenger came here he'd be better than Roeder but it's at least a positive step in the right direction.

Well duh, what a stupid thing to say.

I couldn't guarantee if Wenger came here he'd be better than Roeder but it's at least a positive step in the right direction.

It appears to be what you are saying. In fact, it is what you are saying. I don't see how it is a step in the right direction at all, as you say, it guarantees nothing. As for Wenger, I would be prepared to bet that he would definitely be a success.

hey Leazes you going to provide a link of the "majority of this board" claiming that ANY change will definitely be for the better?

Next time you say Fred/the board out mate, tell us yourself that you must be thinking it is for the better, or don't suggest it !!!!!

That's a no.

its a "do it yourself" - and - "too many to list"

Why is he asking a question he's already answered :rolleyes::razz::razz:

You can tell us if you like ?

I DO presume when you say you want the board out you are automatically assuming replacements will be better, or don't you ? [as nobody has yet named anyone specific ..... ]

hey Leazes you going to provide a link of the "majority of this board" claiming that ANY change will definitely be for the better?

Next time you say Fred/the board out mate, tell us yourself that you must be thinking it is for the better, or don't suggest it !!!!!

Man United seem to be doing ok with their new board. Which of their fans was it down to to suggest that particular takeover?

i'm not suggesting for one minute that its a good idea, but richard branson hasn't picked himself a football club up yet!

You do realise Leazes will attribute that suggestion to EVERY SINGLE person that shows any displeasure at Shepherd from now on, don't you?

Edited by nufc4ever

i'm not suggesting for one minute that its a good idea, but richard branson hasn't picked himself a football club up yet!

When it comes to owning football clubs, he's still a virgin. :naughty:

Aren't the new West Ham owners just [LM]backing their manager, which is what any good chairman does.[/LM]??

Surely in LM's terms of what makes a good board, this lot are doing a sterling job!

Edited by Gemmill

I think the West Ham board got a bit of itchy trigger finger when they realised their massive investment could go down the pan.. I think you'd panic as well if you'd just bought something for several million quid only to find out it could be losing £30m within a few months. They've hoyed money at it, which to be fair was the only thing they could do.

Is the upshot that somehow West Ham's poor league performance proves Shepherd is doing a good job at Newcastle? :naughty:

Good thinking leazesMag. :lol:

Btw, we're still waiting for a link to a quote from someone who thinks we'll automatically do better if Shepherd goes and it will guarantee us success. Shouldn't be hard to find if it's been said so much, should it? Thanks in advance.

where's that link leazes?

or were you basing your argument on wild assumptions...for a change?

lets see now.......dipshit.

You have said you want Fred out, right ?

Now. Who for ? And please tell us why you think a replacement will automatically be better, or are you not bothered if they are better or not, when you have told us who exactly you have in mind ?

That doesn't look like a link to me.

Well, Gemma, YOU provide a link saying that you either accept - or not - that replacement directors could be better or worse than the current ones. Do you think they will be automatically better, or are you prepared to accept worse ones ?

Aren't the new West Ham owners just [LM]backing their manager, which is what any good chairman does.[/LM]??

Surely in LM's terms of what makes a good board, this lot are doing a sterling job!

West Ham have done exactly the same as we did in the summer of 2005, they've thrown as much money as they can at the problem and hope it fixes itself.

West Ham have done exactly the same as we did in the summer of 2005, they've thrown as much money as they can at the problem and hope it fixes itself.

"planning" :naughty::lol:

Please explain the difference between West Ham spending money to improve the team, or Chelsea, Liverpool etc etc or your role model Spurs ?

Edited by LeazesMag