These New Owners of West Ham

LeazesMag

The fact that large amounts of money has been squandered on players who have flopped simply can't be blamed on the board. You can blame them for appointing Souness, there is no doubt about that, but a good board backs their appointments, this is a principle that must apply to any club who wish to be successful.

And they have done it.

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...10629&st=91

So why can't it be blamed on the Newcastle board but can be blamed on the West Ham board, Leazes?

The fact that large amounts of money has been squandered on players who have flopped simply can't be blamed on the board. You can blame them for appointing Souness, there is no doubt about that, but a good board backs their appointments, this is a principle that must apply to any club who wish to be successful.

And they have done it.

So why can't it be blamed on the Newcastle board but can be blamed on the West Ham board, Leazes?

So basically, the West Ham board have actually done a great job. :naughty:

where's that link leazes?

or were you basing your argument on wild assumptions...for a change?

lets see now.......dipshit.

You have said you want Fred out, right ?

Now. Who for ? And please tell us why you think a replacement will automatically be better, or are you not bothered if they are better or not, when you have told us who exactly you have in mind ?

where's that link you mong?

That doesn't look like a link to me.

Well, Gemma, YOU provide a link saying that you either accept - or not - that replacement directors could be better or worse than the current ones. Do you think they will be automatically better, or are you prepared to accept worse ones ?

You find a link saying that you don't like to be anally battered by big black men. If you can't I'll assume that you do. Is that how this works?

And they have done it.

blame for what ? Qualifying for europe more than any other club in a decade, bar 4 ?

You miss the point, but I knew that already. Cheers for confirming you don't want Shepherd out BTW.

:naughty:

Now. Who for ? And please tell us why you think a replacement will automatically be better, or are you not bothered if they are better or not, when you have told us who exactly you have in mind ?

So, you have decided you want the current board to stay then ?

And they have done it.

blame for what ? Qualifying for europe more than any other club in a decade, bar 4 ?

You miss the point, but I knew that already. Cheers for confirming you don't want Shepherd out BTW.

So you're confirming you think the West Ham board are doing a good job too? Explains a lot. Either that, or you've completely missed the point (as always).

Congratulations for not calling him a fuckwit though; that's usually your argument winner isn't it?

And they have done it.

So you're confirming you think the West Ham board are doing a good job too? Explains a lot. Either that, or you've completely missed the point (as always).

Congratulations for not calling him a fuckwit though; that's usually your argument winner isn't it?

I think you should open your eyes as to who is instigating the abuse on your forum here. Some of your chums are dishing it out to me, not that I give a toss, because I don't, but it is interesting that you once threatened to ban me for it, but aren't threatening to ban them. Is it because its alright when YOU agree with them in their certain views they have about the club ?

Which is a shame, as I am the one who is right ....... do YOU still want the board replaced by someone who you either can't name or believe they will be better simply on the basis they will be someone else ?

And they have done it.

I think you should open your eyes as to who is instigating the abuse on your forum here. Some of your chums are dishing it out to me, not that I give a toss, because I don't, but it is interesting that you once threatened to ban me for it, but aren't threatening to ban them. Is it because its alright when YOU agree with them in their certain views they have about the club ?

Which is a shame, as I am the one who is right ....... do YOU still want the board replaced by someone who you either can't name or believe they will be better simply on the basis they will be someone else ?

Actually, I checked that exact point, and you start the abuse in approx 90% of the threads. I'm quite happy to post all of the links if you wish?

Can you provide the link where I said I wanted the board replaced please? You seem to think that my complaints about Fred acting in certain ways and saying particular things means that I want to see a completely new board installed? Not sure I've ever posted that, but I'd happily admit I'm wrong once you provide me the link.

hey Leazes you going to provide a link of the "majority of this board" claiming that ANY change will definitely be for the better?

Next time you say Fred/the board out mate, tell us yourself that you must be thinking it is for the better, or don't suggest it !!!!!

Man United seem to be doing ok with their new board. Which of their fans was it down to to suggest that particular takeover?

Whilst we're at it, can you reply to this one please?

That people are calling for Portly Freddie et al to piss off is surely borne out of frustration? I reckon you know that as well as I do, Leazes? Surely you feel frustration at our situation? What alternative do people have to show their frustration - shout 'sack Roeder'? I don't believe the majority of fans want Roeder sacked, so it is natural for them to turn their attention to Shepherd and, in particular, Hall jnr.

I have to admit that I couldn't believe my ears at the Charlton or Sheff Utd game (i can't remember which one it was) when the 'Sack the Board' chants went up - not by many, but audible enough.

As you have stated, though, there is not much chance of the board walking away as they own the club.

However, surely it is not up to the fans to decide who they (the chairman/board etc) should be replaced by?? To voice their opinion that the board are the real culprits in our demise - in recent times - is their right. Did you shout 'sack the board' like I did in the bad old days? I'd be surprised if you didn't, but it's really unimportant. Back then, though, there was an obvious alternative to McKeag and his pals. At the moment, there is no obvious alternative - whether we want the board replaced or not; there has been The Belgravia Group and Polygon in recent months who have caught the disillusioned fans' attention as possible replacements, but most would admit that they were unsure of these people's intentions. I detected a considerable stepping back by a lot of 'Sack the Boarders' (for want of a better expression) when they realised that Polygon or Belgravia were the only contenders and they didn't want to appear to be championing either of them for fear them being worse than Freddie etc.

I personally believe Freddie does have the best interest of NUFC at heart. I think, think, that he is just wishing that somehow he could raise the cash to get rid of the Halls as quickly as he can. Maybe, just maybe, that if Shepherd did get total control of the club things would be different. Maybe that would be the 'new' board that a lot of people craving for change would get?? I personally would give Shepherd a lot more respect if he just kept his fucking mouth shut a bit more.

But finally, as I said earlier, I don't think we can expect any fan who wants a change to have to nominate someone/somegroup as an alternative to the present regime; that, to me, is unfair.

And they have done it.

Actually, I checked that exact point, and you start the abuse in approx 90% of the threads. I'm quite happy to post all of the links if you wish?

Can you provide the link where I said I wanted the board replaced please? You seem to think that my complaints about Fred acting in certain ways and saying particular things means that I want to see a completely new board installed? Not sure I've ever posted that, but I'd happily admit I'm wrong once you provide me the link.

I'm not so sure that that is true, but nevertheless it is amusing when the schoolie realises he can't prove me wrong so starts the abuse :lol:

Maybe YOU haven't said replace the board yourself, but plenty of others have done. Which of course, is why I asked you the direct question ? See above.

I love watching the resulting madness when LM starts losing it :naughty:

It amuses me when you - and others like you - post your idealistic comments Jon. Have YOU said who you think is prepared to take over the club and do better than the current board ?

I love watching the resulting madness when LM starts losing it :naughty:

It amuses me when you - and others like you - post your idealistic comments Jon. Have YOU said who you think is prepared to take over the club and do better than the current board ?

David Smith, mutli-millionaire that I know who has a vast football knowledge including the business side, loves Newcastle and has the best contacts in the game so will be able to attract some quality players here. Also a big friend of Arsene Wenger who told him if he ever buys a club he will more than happily leave Arsenal and go to Mr Smiths club.

Edited by Gejon

That people are calling for Portly Freddie et al to piss off is surely borne out of frustration? I reckon you know that as well as I do, Leazes? Surely you feel frustration at our situation? What alternative do people have to show their frustration - shout 'sack Roeder'? I don't believe the majority of fans want Roeder sacked, so it is natural for them to turn their attention to Shepherd and, in particular, Hall jnr.

I have to admit that I couldn't believe my ears at the Charlton or Sheff Utd game (i can't remember which one it was) when the 'Sack the Board' chants went up - not by many, but audible enough.

As you have stated, though, there is not much chance of the board walking away as they own the club.

However, surely it is not up to the fans to decide who they (the chairman/board etc) should be replaced by?? To voice their opinion that the board are the real culprits in our demise - in recent times - is their right. Did you shout 'sack the board' like I did in the bad old days? I'd be surprised if you didn't, but it's really unimportant. Back then, though, there was an obvious alternative to McKeag and his pals. At the moment, there is no obvious alternative - whether we want the board replaced or not; there has been The Belgravia Group and Polygon in recent months who have caught the disillusioned fans' attention as possible replacements, but most would admit that they were unsure of these people's intentions. I detected a considerable stepping back by a lot of 'Sack the Boarders' (for want of a better expression) when they realised that Polygon or Belgravia were the only contenders and they didn't want to appear to be championing either of them for fear them being worse than Freddie etc.

I personally believe Freddie does have the best interest of NUFC at heart. I think, think, that he is just wishing that somehow he could raise the cash to get rid of the Halls as quickly as he can. Maybe, just maybe, that if Shepherd did get total control of the club things would be different. Maybe that would be the 'new' board that a lot of people craving for change would get?? I personally would give Shepherd a lot more respect if he just kept his fucking mouth shut a bit more.

But finally, as I said earlier, I don't think we can expect any fan who wants a change to have to nominate someone/somegroup as an alternative to the present regime; that, to me, is unfair.

good post mate, which proves that some people can post some sense ...... :lol:

I have said for ages that it is a mystery how Hall Jnr gets away with the criticism for appointing Souness, for instance, as the majority shareholder. Despite pointing it out on numerous occasions, the usual - intelligent :naughty: - people still blame Shepherd and give him all the flak.

Of course I am frustrated. But getting rid of the chairman - and as much as I say it, it is true - the board, isn't necessarily the answer. They back their managers. It amazes me that so many people cannot see the value in this. The last thing we want is a board who lack the courage to tap the fanbase, this is the road to true mediocrity, not playing in europe regularly and buying England international footballers, which most certainly is not. It would be an easy thing for a board to come in and not take risks, not aiming for the top places, thus preserving and protecting their investment, because striving for success means taking risks, and yes you can say that our current financial situation is because they took risks which didn't work out the way we hoped. These people will not understand the alternative until it - unfortunately - happens, which is a board happy with true mediocrity. If they do not understand this, there is no other way to explain this. I obviously hope it doesn't happen.

I think that I agree with you in your views regarding Shepherd, he has the interests of the club at heart. Yes he has his own too, but who doesn't and who wouldn't !!!!!! It would be better if he didn't say some of the things he does, but I just don't let it bother me so much and I think if the team was doing better, people wouldn't care so much about it either. Basically, we have hope with a board who backs their managers, appointing the right one will bring real success, whereas if you have a board who lack ambition and courage, you have no chance at all. The question of appointing the "right" manager is a no brainer, because their is still only one league title, one FA Cup and a League Cup. European places are next on the list and are hardly "failure". So whatever their mistakes, they have got something right.

Maybe they have taken the club as far as they are able, and have lost their way. There is only so long they will carry on before crowds fall and when that happens, it will be crunch time for them. It all depends on their next appointment possibly, Roeder is doing a decent job and I would love him to succeed, but we can only wait and see. He needs a couple of good buys this summer. Managers live or die by how they spend their clubs money, and boards can only get away with so many underachiveing appointments too. The point about this one is that, after Souness, they have a lot of credibility to recover, and I think it is quite sad that all the good work they have done for the club during their time in charge may well be tainted and remembered more for that, unless they make an inspired one next time round.

As for Idealistic it was a bit crazy for me to hope we could do better than Souness then better than Roeder and also invest some proper money in quality defenders. Im just Keerr Aaaaaa Zzzzzzz

Spending money on defenders instead of Martins would have been wrong. If we had done that - without his goals - we would have been in relegation trouble. This is still the case, as Ameobi isn't good enough and nobody should to into a full premiership season with only 2 strikers ie Martins and Owen.

How can anyone think the new West Ham board is shit when they've shown so much ambition in January?

I bet all of the other 91 clubs who spent less than them in January, especially the big city clubs like Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle, Everton etc wish their chairman showed as much ambition last month, the fact that large amounts of money has been squandered on players who have flopped simply can't be blamed on the board. You can blame them for appointing Curbishley, there is no doubt about that, but a good board backs their appointments, this is a principle that must apply to any club who wish to be successful.

Now the old West Ham board was a shit board, a right bunch of fuck monkeys with a double wanker for a chairman, they didn't have any ambition and you never heard of them making £18 million bids for England Internationals like the current board did last month, people are quick to forget how poor the club was when they sold local lads Ferdinand, Lampard, Defoe and Joe Cole, a board with ambition wouldn't have sold locally born England players and the players themselves wouldn't want to go.

Some of those young, whippersnapper West Ham fans don't even know how good they've got it. :naughty:

:naughty: The similarities between West Ham and what we've done for the last 10 years - sacking managers prematurely then throwing money at the new one - are completely and utterly lost on Leazes. You couldn't make it up.

So, you have decided you want the current board to stay then ?

link?

As for Idealistic it was a bit crazy for me to hope we could do better than Souness then better than Roeder and also invest some proper money in quality defenders. Im just Keerr Aaaaaa Zzzzzzz

Spending money on defenders instead of Martins would have been wrong. If we had done that - without his goals - we would have been in relegation trouble. This is still the case, as Ameobi isn't good enough and nobody should to into a full premiership season with only 2 strikers ie Martins and Owen.

Don't think anyone was advocating that at the time and I don't think (with hindsight :naughty: ) anyone wishes we'd done that either. I think a lot of people would rather have seen a full-back or two instead of Duff though, eh? It was a puzzling decision at the time and it seems like a definite mistake now, especially as (injury notwithstanding) it may well have hindered the devlopment of one of the best players at the club.

A couple of good posts from you and Snakey above btw.